Chapter 42

The Neighbours

Soo Young managed to close up the gap between his car and Suho’s attacker’s. His phone rang and he answered without looking. It was his older brother, TOP.

“Hyung!”

“Soo Young, I’m following you now.”

“You’re behind me?”

“I’m just nearby. And I think the attacker is going to some abandoned factories nearby.”

“We’re in the industrial estate, aren’t we?”

“Yes, we are. Just stay with him. Minho’s with me now. But don’t do anything stupid. Wait for me.”

“Okay.”

Soo Young kept his eyes on the car ahead of him. His main goal was to rescue Mason and get him back to Tiffany safely. Soon after, his phone rang again. He just answered without looking.

“CHOI SOO YOUNG!”

Soo Young was stunned to hear his full name being called. He quickly took a glance at his phone and winced. His girlfriend was calling.

“Yes, baby?”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING, CHASING SUHO’S ATTACKER ON YOUR OWN?!”

“I had to. He took Mason with him.”

“WHAT?!”

“Baby, please listen. I’m following the attacker because he has Mason with him. I cannot let this happen.”

“Soo Young! Soo Young, is Mason okay?!”

“Tiffany?”

“Soo Young, tell me where he is right now! He’s my son, Soo Young!”

“Tiffany, calm down. I’m following closely behind him. My brothers are tracking my GPS and they have caught up with me as well. I’ll save Mason. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“Suho’s in the hospital now. Yoong rushed him there. I cannot let Mason die, Soo Young. Please tell me where he is right now.”

Tiffany’s crying voice was getting to Soo Young. He knew he had a heavy responsibility to save Mason.

“Is Yul there?”

“Yul’s with GD. We didn’t inform him about this yet.”

“Okay, don’t let him know.  Can you do something for me, baby?”

Taeyeon has put the phone on speaker. Everybody could hear him.

“What is it?”

“Keep an eye on Tiffany and Yul. I’ll update you again.”

“Soo Young, please be safe.”

“I promise I will. Just wait for me.”

Soo Young had no choice. He has a huge responsibility towards Taeyeon now.

“I’ve yet to ask you something. So just wait for my return, Taeyeon.”

“I will. Just return home safely.”

Soo Young was determined to return with Mason safely to Taeyeon and Tiffany.

-

Yoong was at the hospital. Soo Young sent him a message. He was worried about Soo Young but he had to return to the funeral parlour. Yul might be in trouble. Just then, the doctor came out from the emergency ward.

“Doctor, how’s he?”

“Is he your brother?”

“He’s my brother’s friend. Is he okay?”

“He’s fine now. There are no further damages; just a cut above his forehead.”

Yoong let out a sigh.

“Can I see him now?”

“Sure, but don’t tire him out. He needs rest.”

“Sure, I won’t take a minute.”

Yoong went in as soon as the doctor gave the nod. Suho was already sitting up; his head was in a bandage. He was scrunching his eyebrows together; the wound was probably hurting.

“Hey, be careful.”

“You’re Im Yoong, right?”

“Yes, you can call me Yoong.”

“I should call you hyung.”

“That will do too. Are you feeling better now?”

“My head feels woozy but I think I’ll survive.”

Suho was slowly getting around and suddenly realized someone was missing.

“MASON!”

“Hey, calm down.”

“Mason! They took Mason!”

“I know. But don’t worry my friend’s following the attacker’s car.”

“Oh no, Tiffany noona must be worried!”

Just then, someone rushed through the door and Yoong was surprised to find Tiffany rushing in with Jessica. Taeyeon was following through behind them.

“SUHO!”

“Noona!”

“Oh my god, Suho!”

Tiffany lunged towards him and wrapped her arms around him tightly. She was crying openly and Suho felt worse for losing her son to the attacker.

“Noona, I’m sorry. I lost Mason.”

“No, don’t blame yourself. You got hurt while trying to save him.”

“Mason was screaming and shouting for me, Noona. I don’t know what they’ll do to him.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I’m just glad that you’re alright now.”

Tiffany was terrified but she couldn’t show it to her step brother. Suho did what he could to save Mason but he was hurt. Yoong looked on before turning to Jessica.

“You stay here with Tiffany and Taeyeon. Where are Krystal and Seohyun?”

“They’re with Yul.”

“I’m going to get the two girls to stay here. Inspector Jeong has some police officers guarding this ward. I feel safer if all of you are in one place.”

“How about Yul? What are you going to tell him?”

“I guess I have to tell him the truth about the situation right now. You just need to look after Tiffany for now.”

Taeyeon then walked over to Yoong and patted on his shoulder. Yoong turned.

“Yoong, I’m worried about Soo Young.”

Yoong nodded; he understood her anxiety.

“I’m worried too. But don’t worry, I’ll find him.”

“Yoong, are you really going to do this?”

Jessica was reluctant to let him go. She realized how vicious the attackers could be.

“I have to do this. But please don’t worry so much. I promise, I’ll return safely to your arms again. I need to save Mason and Soo Young hyung.”

Tiffany was crying on Suho’s lap. The younger man was remorseful. He felt at loss watching his sister breaking down in pieces.

“Tiffany, Suho, I’ll bring Mason back. Just do me a favour. Just stay in one place and don’t move about. The police officers will be watching this ward carefully. You should be safe here.”

“Yoong, Yul’s still at the funeral parlour.”

“I know. I’ll go over there now. I’ll talk to him.”

“You’re going to tell him what happened?”

Yoong nodded and Tiffany protested.

“This is going to push him to the edge!”

“But if we don’t tell him, he might do things on his own. Don’t have to worry anything about us. We’ll be fine.”

Yoong hugged Jessica tightly and kissed her forehead. Jessica was worried; it was written all over her face. But Yoong assured her again and again.

“I’ll be back, I promise.”

-

Yul was sitting beside his brother’s coffin. He was oblivious with the world around him. He couldn’t think straight. The only thing he wished right now was to turn back the hands of time. Suddenly two men appeared in front of him. He looked up slowly to find a familiar man stepping out from the two bulky men’s shadows. Yul narrowed his eyes at him.

“Kwon Yul, I’m sorry about your brother’s death.”

“What do you want?”

“What? I cannot visit my dead nephew?”

“He’s not your nephew.”

“Oh, that’s right. He’s a bastard child, isn’t he?”

“You don’t speak ill of him!”

Yul got up on his feet and was about to deliver a punch when the two bulky men kicked him down instead. Yul fell on his knees; his mouth was bleeding. The two bulky men then punched him and pinned him down to the floor; holding his hands out.

The other man then walked closer and stepped on Yul’s face with his shoe. Yul winced in pain.

“I can speak anything I like. Who are you to say anything to me?”

“How could you kill my brother?”

“Who said I did?”

“I know everything that you did! You forced him to kill Appa!”

“So you know the story line huh?”

-

“Yul, promise Appa something.”

“What is it, Appa?”

“Whatever happens to me, please do not blame your brother.”

“What?”

“I know Jiyoung will not do this kind of thing if someone didn’t tell him to.”

“Appa, what are you talking about? Are you trying to say something?”

Old Mr Kwon got up on his feet and walked over to his bar area. He took out a letter and a pink file. He then placed them in front of Yul. Yul looked on; puzzled with his father’s actions.

“What is this?”

“Go home and read this letter. And this file contains many hidden things which your brother and his accomplices are not aware of.”

“His accomplices?”

“Yul, your brother has been forced by your uncle to embezzle the funds from our company.”

Yul’s eyes grew larger.

“The evidence is all written and documented in this file. I know your uncle wants to make Jiyoung his scapegoat.”

“But uncle doesn’t own any shares in our company.”

“He does. I gave him. He’s my brother so I gave him a bit of the shares. But your uncle is a greedy man. He has always been greedy, cunning and scheming ever since he was a child. He was always unhappy with me; he always complained that things were taken away from him and given to me.”

Yul kept quiet.

“He probably saw Jiyoung as the young him and manipulated your brother to help him. He was scheming to take over our company but Jiyoung wasn’t really stupid. Your brother transferred his shares secretly into yours.”

“What? He did that?”

“Yes, he did it quietly but my trusted assistant documented this so right now, you have the highest shares in this company. This file has everything and you could turn your uncle’s world upside down by presenting this evidence to the board of directors or even to the police.”

Yul then took the file and flipped through the pages. There were names of people whom Yul didn’t recognize but then he saw a certain name which he knew.

“Jung Yunho?”

“You know this name? This guy is one of Kwon Sang Woo’s henchmen. He left your uncle after someone was murdered.”

“Someone was murdered?”

“Yeah, your uncle owned a fighting club when he was younger. It was an illegal street fighting club where people could compete for cash. It was really popular and there were a couple of fighters who were really good. One of them kept wining against your uncle’s fighters. He lost a lot of money over time and Yunho was assigned to give that person a warning.”

Yul was a little confused. He knew about Yoong’s father; who used to work at a street fighting club. His father was a strong man so he won many fights for a couple of months.

“Yunho was put in charge of that club. He took over and ran the business. His best friend was one of the fighters who kept winning. Yunho wanted to help that man because he had a young wife and an infant son to take care of.”

The older Kwon stood up and took an album from the side table. He gave it to Yul and Yul has never seen this album before. He flipped page by page.

“This fighting club was really famous.”

Yul flipped to the last page and was shocked to find a familiar man standing beside his uncle – Jung Yunho. He recognized him – Yoong’s coach.

“Appa, is this Jung Yunho you’re talking about?”

“Yes, you know him?”

“He’s Yoong’s coach, appa.”

“Yoong?”

“Yes, he’s training with Jung Yunho. Yoong’s father was a street fighter before.”

The Older Kwon turned to look at him.

“But he died during the tournament.”

“What?”

“He was fighting with one of the best fighters of the club but he died because of haemorrhage.”

“Yul, what’s his father’s name?”

“I don’t know.”

“Then what is his surname?”

“Im.”

The older Kwon was stunned.

“How did he die?”

“I don’t really know but Yoong said his father died from internal bleeding in the brain.”

“Yul, do you know how his mom looks like?”

“I’ve seen her once.”

The older Kwon grabbed the album and started flipping the pages. He then stopped at one and pointed out in the photo.

“Yul, is this her?”

Yul was stunned.

“Appa, how did you get her photo?”

“Yul, the man beside her was her husband.”

“He looks a bit like Yoong.”

“But he died not because of an accident. Someone planned to kill him that night.”

“What?”

“Your uncle was the one who paid Jung Yunho to make it look like an accident.”

Yul was shocked beyond words.

“Appa, is that true?!”

“Yes, Jung Yunho came to me to ask for some money. I thought he wanted to run away but he told me he wanted to save his best friend. He told me everything. I wrote him a cheque. But the man didn’t make it. He died.”

“So the one who caused Yoong’s father’s death was uncle?!”

“Yes, in a way.”

Yul was stumped for words.

“Yul, this file is important. Do not let anyone find this. All the documents here could prove your uncle’s wrong doings for the past 10 years. I have been keeping documentation of it because I believe one day, he would go against me.”

“Appa, will you be okay?”

“I’m going to be fine. Just promise me that you’ll save your brother if something should happen to him.”

“Appa, I won’t let anyone hurt our family and my friends.”

-

Yoong saw Yul was being subdued by two men. He quickly rushed to them and punched the two men across the face. The two men fell abruptly and Yoong swiftly pulled Yul to safety. He then squared up his body in front of Yul and stared at Yul’s uncle. Kwon Sang Woo smirked before instructed the two men to leave.

“Kwon Yul, I’m going to win this time.”

Yul was agitated but Yoong held him back.

“And I’m not the only one who betrayed your father. And I wasn’t the one who killed your brother either.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You trusted one person so much and even called her “Mom”. But that same person was the one who shot your brother.”

Yul’s eyes grew larger. He was not the only one. Seohyun who was has been hiding behind her older brother’s coffin suddenly stepped out behind it. Krystal was behind her. Yul was stunned to find his step sister stood beside him.

“Oh good, the daughter has appeared too.”

“You’re lying.”

Seohyun spoke up first.

“Then where is your mother now, Seohyun?”

Seohyun couldn’t answer him. Her mother conveniently disappeared when her father was hospitalised and her oldest brother was dead cold. She was angry at herself; angry at her mother for allowing herself to become someone’s scapegoat. But before she could react, Yul pulled her closer and hugged her tightly.

“Seohyun has nothing got to do with this. And leave my step mother alone.”

“I didn’t do anything to her, Yul. She just ran off after she delivered that shot to your brother.”

Yul just ignored his uncle. He turned around; pulling his sister with him but his uncle’s last words angered him so much.

“Your step mother hates you. She knows your father has left everything to you and none to her or her daughter. But your step brother found out something about her that forced her to silence him.”

Yul turned abruptly and stared at his uncle.

“You made me turned against my brother.”

“It was your stupidity, Yul.”

“I’m going to avenge my brother.”

“And how are you going to do that, Yul?”

“Just wait and see, uncle. I’ll make sure you’ll come begging me to save you.”

Yul walked away after that; Seohyun followed through behind him. His uncle just stared at him; he looked incredulous and he was a little threatened by Yul’s last words.

“Is there something you have against me, Yul?”

He wondered to himself.

-

 Yul punched the wall the moment his uncle was out of sight. Seohyun was breaking down and Yoong stopped Yul from hurting himself. He grabbed hold of his hands and yelled at him.

“Hyung, stop it!”

“Let me go, Yoong!”

“I know you’re upset about GD’s death but there’s more you should know now.”

“You believe my step mother is involved in this, Yoong?”

“No, I’m not talking about your step mother. I’m talking about Mason.”

“Mason?”

Yul suddenly realized Tiffany was missing.

“Where’s Tiffany?”

“Hyung, you have to calm down. I’ll tell you the story but you must stay calm.”

“What happened, Yoong?!”

Yoong took a deep breath. Yul was staring at him.

“Mason’s kidnapped.”

“WHAT?!”

“The kidnapper attacked Suho and knocked him out. He took Mason with him.”

Yul was terrified.

“But Soo Young hyung saw the kidnapper and trailed him.”

“Soo Young?”

“Hyung, Tiffany’s at the hospital with Suho. Soo Young and his brothers are following the kidnapper who got Mason. I’m going to take Seohyun and Krystal to the hospital so that they could stay in one place. The police will stay here to stay guard GD’s body.”

“Then at the hospital?”

“There are officers too. Inspector Jeong has put some officer on standby. Hyung, I’m suspecting your uncle has a part in this.”

Yul nodded.

“I’m going to put the girls in one place. Tiffany, Taeyeon and Jessica are the hospital with Suho. I’d feel better if Krystal and Seohyun are there too.”

“No, I want to stay with GD oppa.”

“Seohyun, I don’t want anything to happen to you and Krystal.”

“The police are here. I think I’ll be safe.”

“I’ll stay with her.”

Krystal suddenly stood up. Yoong turned to her; aghast.

“Krystal, your sister will be worried if you’re not with her.”

“I cannot let Seohyun stay alone. She’s my girlfriend now. I’ll protect her.”

Yul and Yoong looked at each other. Seohyun then moved closer towards Krystal and wrapped her arms around her new girlfriend. Krystal kissed her forehead. Yul looked on; then he nodded.

“Alright, the two of you stay here. Yoong, can we get more police officers here?”

Yoong hesitated but when Yul assured him that it would be alright, he agreed. He called Inspector Jeong and asked for his help. The inspector agreed immediately. Yul saw more police cars came and the officers were lingering outside.

“Seohyun, you have to take care of yourself. You have to promise me that you’ll stay safe.”

“Oppa, I will.”

“You have Krystal with you. If something happens, I want the both of you to save yourselves first.”

“The police can help us. You don’t have to worry about us, Oppa. You go ahead and do whatever you need to.”

Yul then cupped his hands on his sister’s cheeks.

“I believe mom will not do that.”

Seohyun looked up and stared deeply into his eyes.

“I’m sure someone or something forced her to.”

“Oppa, you’re not going to believe Uncle Sang Woo, right?”

“I’ll find Mom and ask her. No matter what she said, things have already happened. We’ll see what we could do from there.”

Seohyun nodded.

“I’m going to find Mom. And I have to save Mason.”

“Oppa, please be careful.”

“I will. Don’t wander off too far. Just stay close to the officers.”

There were two female officers deployed to watch over Seohyun and Krystal. Yoong was having a word with them earlier on. The two girls nodded and Yoong and Yul left quickly. But before leaving, Yul went over to his brother’s coffin.

“Hyung, I’ll not let you die in vain.”

Yul was determined to bring his uncle down.

-

Soo Young was hiding behind the pillar. He saw Mason sleeping on the bed. He couldn’t see the kidnapper. Soo Young wondered if he should try to save Mason now or wait for help. He decided to be closer and crept quietly into the abandoned factory.

But he couldn’t get far. The kidnapper saw him. There were a struggle and a shot could be heard. Soo Young fell on his knees; his side was burning so badly. Blood splattered all over the floor and Soo Young succumbed to the floor. But the kidnapper didn’t seem to be heartless. He carried Soo Young over his shoulders and carefully placed him beside the sleeping boy. Soo Young was still conscious.

“You shouldn’t have followed me.”

The kidnapper spoke softly.  Soo Young tried to take a good look at him as the kidnapper pulled off his mask.  Soo Young was taken aback.

“Choi Soo Young, I have to keep you here.”

“Why are you doing this?”

Soo Young was hurting so much but he had to know.

“I’m forced to.”

“What do you mean by that?”

Suddenly another man appeared beside the kidnapper. Soo Young was shocked. The man was stunned as well.

“What the hell!”

“I had to shoot him.”

“Why is he here?!”

“He followed me.”

“What?”

“I have to do this! I don’t have a choice!”

“You’re supposed to kidnap your own son!”

“I’ll let him go after they release my wife! Kwon Yul just needs to appear.”

“But you ing shot him!”

“You can help him. But he’s not going to leave this place.”

“How the hell am I supposed to help him if I cannot bring him to the hospital?!”

“Find a doctor.”

The other man was frustrated. Soo Young was watching them. He pulled the man by his shirt and dragged him down. He shouted at him.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Soo Young, you shouldn’t be here!”

“Taeyang, what’s going on? Why are you kidnapping the boy for?”

“I wasn’t involved in this. This guy here begged me to help him.”

Taeyang was pointing to the other guy. The man looked at Mason instead.

“Taeyang, tell me what’s going on.”

“I’ll find a doctor for you first.”

Taeyang went on his knees and looked at Soo Young’s wound shot. He then took out his towel and pressed it firmly on Soo Young’s stomach.

“Hold on to this.”

“Taeyang, are you involved in GD’s death?”

“No, I’m not involved in anything. But this guy called me just now and said his pregnant wife was kidnapped. They got his pregnant wife.”

“Who is the “they”?”

“Kwon Sang Woo.”

Soo Young was right. Yul’s uncle was the cause of all this.

“His uncle wants GD to go against his brother, Yul. But GD refused to. So Kwon Sang Woo paid Nichkun to destroy GD. Nichkun pulled out from the investment and I was influenced blindly as well. I never knew what happened between Nickhun and GD. But Nichkun told me GD had the intention to kill someone and told me to abandon the business deal.”

“So GD wanted to kill Uncle Kwon?”

“GD told me he needed to threaten his step father. He needed cash for his business.”

“But GD was shot instead.”

“Someone shot him. But I don’t know who.”

Soo Young turned to the other man.

“Does he know?”

“No, I don’t.”

The man replied immediately.

“Then why did you kidnap Mason?”

The man sighed.

“I’m his father.”

“You’re Nichkun?”

Soo Young knew a little about Mason. Yoong offered to explain and he knew the boy’s father is Nichkun.

“Are you kidnapping him because of Tiffany?”

“No, I kidnapped him because this is the only way for Yul to turn up.”

Nichkun was still staring at his son. He was amazed at the close resemblance between him and Mason.  Taeyang was already gone; he went out to get some medical aid for Soo Young.

“His uncle wants Yul. He found out about Mason. He kidnapped my wife and forced me to kidnap Mason. If not he will kill my wife and Mason if I don’t follow his orders.”

“Yul’s going to kill you for doing this to Mason. And you think Kwon Sang Woo would let your wife go? He would let Mason go?”

Nickhun was trembling with fear. He knew it wasn’t that simple.

“But this is the only way to prolong their lives.”

“But this is your son. Your own flesh and blood; he’s Tiffany’s son as well. Don’t you think you’re being unfair to Tiffany right now?”

Nichkun covered his face with his two palms. He knew he has made a mistake again.

“I’m married. My wife is pregnant. I have another unborn child to be responsible for.”

“So you’re going to sacrifice your firstborn instead?”

“I don’t have a choice!”

“You have a choice! You know Kwon Sang Woo’s misdeeds, don’t you?”

“What are you suggesting to me now?”

“You’re a lawyer. Don’t you have brains to think about this before you do something stupid like kidnapping your own son?”

“What if they kill Victoria?”

“What if they kill both Victoria and Mason after Yul turned up?”

Nichkun was horrified. His hands trembled so much. He turned his attention to Mason. He was guilt-ridden; he was torn between his wife and his son.

“What do you want me to do?”

“Call the police.”

“My career will be ruined!”

“You rather let your loved ones die because of your stupid career?!”

“I’ll go to jail if my dark secrets reveal.”

“At least you’ll go to jail and you can repent. Your life can be rebuilt all over again.”

“No way, Victoria will leave me. Her family will kick me out!”

“So you’re going to use Mason as your shield?!”

Nichkun turned to look at Soo Young.  Mason was waking up and the little boy got on his knees; rubbing his eyes with his small hands. Soo Young quickly grabbed a blanket and put around his body. He didn’t want Mason to know he was being shot.

The boy turned and saw him. He smiled widely.

“Uncle Soo Young!”

“Hey, Mason.”

Mason cowered in fear when he saw Nichkun. He recognized the man.

“Uncle Soo Young, the man hit Uncle Suho. I’m scared. He took Mason away.”

“Don’t worry, he doesn’t mean any harm.”

Nichkun was taken aback when Soo Young said that.

“But Uncle Suho’s head is bleeding.”

“Don’t worry, Uncle Suho will be fine. Mason, listen. You just stay with me and listen to what this man wants you to do, okay?”

“Who is he, Uncle Soo Young?”

Nichkun got up and stood closer to Mason. Soo Young watched his move; he was afraid that Nichkun might try to harm the boy. But instead, Nichkun pulled out something from his bad. He pulled out his ipad. He gave it to Mason.

“Why don’t you play with this and sit over there?”

Mason was hesitating. But he wanted the ipad. Nichkun eventually put it on the boy’s lap and moved away. Mason looked at him before turning to Soo Young. Soo Young nodded and Mason took the ipad and sat on the chair. He started playing with it.

Soo Young and Nichkun watched as Mason concentrated on the game instead. Soo Young then turned to Nichkun.

“You care about this boy, aren’t you?”

“Tiffany did a good job for raising him up beautifully.”

“Then why are you doing this? Look at him, Nichkun.”

Nichkun was staring at his son. His smile; his face; his eyes – they were the same as his. Nichkun felt like he was watching his younger self.

“Think about your unborn child. What would he think of you if he finds out what you did to his older brother? You could live harmoniously together; with Mason and Tiffany.”

“How could I do that? My wife doesn’t know about Tiffany.”

“Then let her know. I’m sure she will understand you.”

“Do you think I can save both my son and my wife?”

Nichkun turned to look at Soo Young with his earnest eyes.

“You just need to be brave to admit your mistakes. Live through it and come out as a free man. You didn’t kill anyone.”

“I shot you.”

“I’ll survive.”

“What do you want me to do now?”

“Surrender yourself.”

“If I surrender myself, can you promise to do something for me?”

“What is it?”

“Save my pregnant wife.”

“I will. Trust me.”

-

Yul was agitated. Soo Young was shot, Mason was kidnapped, Suho was attacked and Nichkun was arrested. He went ballistic when he arrived at the police station. He saw Nichkun with his hands handcuffed and Mason was sitting with a police officer. TOP and Minho were talking with some officers. Yul went up to them.

“What happened?”

Minho explained to him. Nichkun surrendered himself and Soo Young was rushed to the hospital. Nichkun told him everything and what his uncle did. Yul was appalled.

“I’m sorry for what I did. I was anxious about Victoria.”

“My uncle has her?”

“The police found her. Soo Young and his brothers located her and arrested Kwon Sang Woo’s men.”

“You were supposed to hand over Mason to them so that they could get me?”

Nichkun was guilty of that.

“How could you do that? Mason’s your own flesh and blood!”

“I wasn’t thinking straight! But Soo Young talked me out of it. I couldn’t hurt Mason anymore.”

“You told the police everything.”

“Yes, and I know I’ll be behind bars for the longest time. Can you promise me something, Kwon Yul?”

Yul looked ahead and nodded.

“Please take care of Mason and Tiffany. Please, don’t ever tell Mason who his father is.”

“Nichkun, are you sure about this?”

“I don’t deserve to be acknowledged by him.”

“I promise. But I’ll not stop Mason if he wants to find out about his father.”

Nichkun stared at Yul.

“Mason has the right to know about his father. But I’ll just let him know if he ever asked me. I won’t lie to him. You’re going to be his father for the rest of your life whether you like it or not. Mason’s your son – he has your blood in him. Just do your time and come out as a better man.”

Nichkun nodded. The police was about to send him to rest in the jail when Tiffany suddenly burst through the doors. She found out about Mason and went up to Nichkun straight. She gave him one tight slap but Yul managed to stop her from hurting Nichkun further.

“How could you! How could you do this to me!”

She yelled at Nichkun.

“I’m sorry, Tiffany.”

“What did I ever done to you that you would hurt our son!?”

Nichkun smiled.

“You brought him up beautifully, Tiffany. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. I’m sorry I wasn’t doing the right thing. I’m not the man for you. And I’m glad you left me.”

Tiffany didn’t say anything. Tears kept falling from the corner of her eyes. Nichkun smiled at her before coming closer. He looked at her; Yul urged Tiffany to look up as well. Their eyes met.

“You’re still so beautiful, Tiffany. Yul’s lucky to have you. I never appreciate you when I had the chance to. Thank you for bringing Mason into this world.”

“You’re such an idiot.”

Tiffany mumbled softly. Nichkun let out a soft laugh.

“Fany, I have something to tell you.”

Tiffany looked at him.

“You know the password to my computer in the office?”

Tiffany nodded.

“There is a folder that has Kwon Sang Woo’s business deals. Most of them are illegal. I’ve been helping him to cover up many of these businesses. He has no idea I have been keeping these files. You can use the files against him.”

“What do you mean?”

“GD employed me as his lawyer before. These are GD’s files. He told me once that if something went wrong, he wanted you to pass the files to Yul. I don’t know what he was talking about but now I knew why GD did this.”

“Wait, GD was the one who filed for a lawsuit against his step father.”

“It was Sang Woo’s idea. He forced GD to do it. GD has transferred his shares to Yul. If Sang Woo finds out about this, he would be furious. Yul is now the rightful owner of the company right now.”

Yul finally understood.

“Kwon Sang Woo thought there’s nothing against him. GD’s dead. Mr Kwon’s in coma. And now he’s planning to get rid of me. So he used Victoria. He found out about Mason and threatened me about him as well. It was hard for me, Tiffany. It was difficult for me.”

“What were you planning to do with Mason?”

“I was supposed to bring him to Kwon Sang Woo but I decided to wait. I wanted to see Victoria first before I give him Mason. But I saw someone was following him so I had to wait. I lured him to the abandoned factory but instead of the initial thought, he talked me out of it.”

“Why did you shoot Soo Young?”

“I was scared. But I was glad he made me realized what I was doing was wrong. I don’t expect you to forgive me, Tiffany.”

“But I cannot stay mad at you either.”

Nichkun’s heart was aching. Tiffany’s smile made him feeling guiltier than ever.

“At least you did the right thing now. When you’re out from jail, I’ll bring Mason to meet you.”

“You don’t have to do that, Fany.”

“You’re Mason’s father. I’m sure Yul wants me to do the same thing.”

Yul nodded when Tiffany looked at him.

“Thank you, Tiffany.”

Nichkun managed to thank her before the officers whisked him away. Yul pulled Tiffany into her arms and hugged her tightly. Suddenly Minho appeared in front of them with Mason in his arms.

“I believe this little guy is yours.”

“Mommy!”

“Mason!”

Tiffany took Mason quickly and hugged him tightly. The boy wrapped his arms around Tiffany’s neck and cried on her shoulders. Yul smiled as he put his arms around both mother and son. He hugged them tightly.

“I’m so glad to have both of you back in my arms.”

“Yul..”

“We’re safe now.”

Tiffany nodded but Yul know the war is not over. He needed to find someone. He needed to locate his step mother.

Only she would know the truth.

“Tiffany, I’ll send you back to the hospital. I want to visit Soo Young.”

Yul smiled but his heart wasn’t at ease. He was still revengeful. He was adamant to bring his brother’s killer to justice.

-