Broken

Angel and Devil of Love

[Your POV]

I stood in front of him, waiting for him to sit up. To look at me. But he didn't.

So I bend down a little, blocking his view of the vast blue sky. "Annyeong~ Anyone at home?"

He stared at me, surprised, for a while. Then smiled a little wider. "Hey."

I sat next to him on the bench and pretended to be a little shy. "You.. your name must be Kim Bum, right?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"We go to the same school." 

"Oh." he mouthed. Then suddenly, his eyes widened. "I know who you are too."

I tilted my head to the side "Who?"

"Park ~~~~. Right?" I nodded. "I knew it." he grinned.

"You're pretty popular you know. I swear the whole of the male population at our school knows you. If they don't, they must have been living under a rock for their entire life." he flashed his signature smile, his dimples appearing.

I giggled and stuck my tongue out. I felt almost guilty for using him. After all, he was the innocent kingka of our school. AND the sweetest. Or maybe he might just be a sweet talker. Like most guys are.  "Look who's talking."

He laughed heartily. 

"But you never talked to me. And you didn't recognize me just then." I tapped my lips " Does that mean you've been living under a rock for quite some time?" I mused.

He never said anything in return. But he still had his smile on his face. I felt as if I'd just hit a nerve somewhere. "Mianhe. Did I say something wrong?" I moved closer to him.

He shook his head. "Ani. I was just.. thinking." His smile seemed to fade more with every passing second. And although I wasn't exactly a fan of happiness, laughter or smiling, it really didn't seem right when he doesn't smile. He ALWAYS smiles. Even in tough situations (or so I heard). 

He must have a past that had hurt him.

Just like I had.

For once in a very long time, I allowed my walls to come down. My heart sunk from the memories that I've hidden deep in my heart. They all just seem to surface at once. And I couldn't help but to let a few tears leak. It hurt. I never realized it before.

The cold and harsh reality. I was born without a father to love or to love me. My mum treated me much worse than how she treated stray animals. She taught me things a normal child should never know. She taught me how to hurt, how to deny and how to build walls around my heart so that I'll never get hurt.

But what both she and I didn't realize was that I was just guarding an already hurt heart. 

I reached for Kim Bum's hand and held it tight. He looked at me but I looked up at the sky, hoping that he didn't see me cry. "Ah.. no wonder you were looking at the sky."I sniffed " Its beautiful."

At that time, I heard something drop, splattering on the tiled floor. I looked down from the sky and saw Hyuna with a sad expression on her face.

Kim Bum's smile was totally wiped off now, he pulled his hand from mine, alarmed " Hyuna."

Her lips trembled and it was quite obvious that she was about to cry. She her heel and walked quickly away.

Kim Bum chased her without even saying goodbye.

I looked down and wiped the remaining tears away with my little finger. I felt the walls coming back. The toughness. The security. Then I started to wonder why I was being so emotional in the first place.

I snickered. 

Whatever.

I stood up from the bench to walk in the opposite direction. And just as I have planned, Tae Jun saw what had happened, from the right angle I might add. It must've seemed like Kim Bum and I were kissing or something.

I walked right past him. I could've cared less. This kind of stuation has happened to me many times before.

Before I could leave the damned place, he pulled me back by my wrist.

He stared at me, his eyes filled with hurt and sadness " Why?"

I used my other hand to pry his hand off my wrist harshly. "I'm tired." I said briefly.

"tired?"

I nodded. "Tired of us."

"But.."

Before he could say anything else, I walked out the exit and took a taxi home.