Post-Interview Moment Part II

Angel and Devil of Love

Kim Bum parked his bike in front of your apartment. You got off his bike and you returned his helmet.

"Thanks for the ride." you smiled "It was nice."

"No problem." he shrugged with a slight smirk.

"Well bye." you waved.

You stepped onto your pavement and was ready to get into your apartment but decided to peek behind you, just to see if he was still there.

He turned off the ignition and leaned on his bike. When he caught your eyes peeking, he waved at you. You blushed. "Aren't you going?"

He didn't reply.

You stepped in and closed the door. You paced around the living room nervously, biting your lips occasionally wondering if he was still out there. You the television just to keep your mind away from him but it still didn't help. Finally, you got up the couch and dragged your more-than-willing feet to the door. You opened it and Kim Bum was standing right there with his hand raised. *Was he about to knock?*

[Kim Bum's POV]

*I wonder if I should go home...* he thought. He felt a slight drizzle so he took out his disposable raincoat and wore it. He watched your shadow from the window and smiled to himself. It satisfied him enough just to see you up and about. But you were walking around, back and forth, and he wondered if you were worrying about him.

After a while he decided against going back home and walked to the door of your apartment. He was ready to knock on it when it opened by itself. Your eyes slightly widened. "K-Kim Bum? You're still out here?" you stuttered.

He nodded and noticed you looking at his raincoat. 
He pretended to shiver. "Its cold." he said through gritted teeth.

"Oh."

He scrunched his nose. That wasn't the answer he was expecting.

"Can I come in?"

You thought about it. You would've easily allowed him to come in but the idea itself made you all nervous on the inside..

But your body wouldn't listen to what your mind was telling you. You actually nodded without knowing it until he took his shoes off and went to your living room.

You smacked your forehead groaning. *Aish! What did I just do?*

You settled down on a stool two arms length away from him.  "I'm not going out for dinner." 

He glanced at you wondering what the hell you were talking about. A second later, he burst out laughing.

You looked up at him. "What's so funny?"

"I wasn't even thinking about that." You frowned. "Then what were you thinking?" "Nothing." he shrugged. "Just a little hungry."

"I don't have any food at home." he looked at you.

"Not even ramen?"

"Except ramen." you nodded.

"Oh." You sighed. "Want one?"

His face brightened. "You're going to cook for me?"

You stood up with your hands on your waist. "Of course. I'm actually not a very bad cook." you said trying to sound as humble as possible.

"Right.." he smirked.

"I'll be right back." you said as you scarmbled on your feet to the kitchen.

 

"Done!" you brought out a huge metal pot with your cooking mittens on. You placed it on a ready coaster. Kim Bum sat on a chair and sniffed the smeel of the kimchi flavored ramen you just made. After getting the bowls and chopsticks ready, you sat down across him.

"It smells really good." he complimented. You grinned. 

"Go on." you hissed, feeling quite hungry .

Kim Bum snapped out of his daze and picked up his pair of chopsticks. He ate his noodles sloppily. You laughed at his dirty mouth.

"Do you not know simple dining etiquette?" you chuckled.

Kim Bum simply smiled. *I know that for sure. But I feel like just being me around you* He continued to eat just like that as you ate too, but gracefully and carefully. His eyes softened as he saw you and thought for the first time if you've always eaten alone like this in your apartment all this time. How you got used to the loneliness.

Then something came to his mind. The rumors about you going out with many guys before and breaking all their hearts. He frowned. *Rumors are just rumors after all. I haven't seen her done anything like that all this time we've been friends.* he continued eating when you noticed he stopped. *And I won't believe any rumor about her unless she tells me herself.*

 

After washing the dishes,drying them, and watching a movie together, it was already 11pm. You yawned and stretched your arms out in front of you. "Hey Kim Bum?"

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you going home now?" you glanced up at the clock. "Its getting pretty late.." you said with heavy eyes.

Kim Bum noticed and immediately guilty. You probably slept way earlier than 11 since you had to wake up early for your part-time jobs. Not that you have to do them anymore.. its just that you probably got used to the time.

"Okay." he breathed. "I'll leave."

Your heart sunk. *Why?* you thought. You were the one that asked him to leave..

He grabbed his bag and his jacket. Before he shut the door, he gave you a slight squeeze on your arm. "Remember to lock the door okay?"

You blinked at him, confused, but nodded. "And don't forget to put on your blanket tonight. Its kind of chilly." he advised.

"Okay, okay "you pushed his forehead lightly. "I get it appa."

Suddenly he pushed your bangs to the side lightly and kissed your temple. Your cheeks flared right up but you had no time to hide it.

He winked at you before he left. "Good night my Juliet."

You watched him leave on his bike before you shut the door and locked it.

You slumped down with your back against the door and held your cheeks, patting them lightly. "Andwe. Andwe. Umma warned you about this." you reminded yourself. "Its dangerous. Don't risk it. You never know what a guy really thinks of doing." you recited your umma's warnings.

But somewhere deep down you could feel your walls breaking and your ice cold heart melting. *What harm can he do to you?* a voice asked.

You shook your head but the voice kept echoing in your mind. "No.."

*He never hurt you, much less abandon you.* the voice said.

You were silent as you thought back. He really never did anything to hurt you. Not even the little things. 

*There is no risk. * the voice said again. *Its time to come out from your hiding ~~~~-ah.* 

You heaved a sigh and clutched your hand at your chest. You felt a sudden surge of confidence and determination.

You closed your eyes and looked up at the ceiling, blinking back tears of freedom. *I'm sorry umma. For going against you. But I guess its really time.. for me to experience for myself what love really is.*