He's Back

Angel and Devil of Love

Min Young gazed at the diamond on her ring that shone dazzlingly under the sunlight. It was pure silver obviously. But she couldn't bear to part with it. She wears it to sleep, meals and school everyday. Except for her bath. Even if it was pure silver, she wanted to take real good care of it. She caressed it with her fingers and felt the end up her lips curl up into a tiny smile.

*Its been 4 months.. When will he be back?* she sighed. Time seemed to pass so slowly all this time. Its like her whole life changed ever since he left. She had no inspiration for acting anymore. She sometimes wondered if she has insomnia because she couldn't sleep on alternate nights. Also she rarely goes to school and even if she does, she doesn't really talk to anyone. Especially not Yoseob. Funny thing was, she never felt guilty about any of those. In fact she felt empty inside. 

"Miss Park?" the taxi driver spoke. She perked up instantly. "Neh?"

"We're here." he nodded at the entrance of the guitar shop.

Min Young paid the guy and got out of the car. She bowed as she watched the taxi drive away. "Kamsahamnida..." she muttered, even know she knew fully well that no one could hear her. This part of the town has always been deserted with few people working here and even less living here. It felt soul-less. Just like herself. 

*How fitting.* she thought.

She stepped into the shop, the cold air hitting her face as she marvelled at the collection of guitars there. There were all sorts of colors, materials, designs and sizes. She had been learning up the guitar since 2 months ago just to distract herself and it kind of made her feel better on rainy days.

She felt each guitar with the ends of her fingers longingly. If only she had the cash to get the best one, she would be happy. For once, in four months. She even composed a song of her own in her spare time. Music was a whole different thing compared to acting. It required more deep understanding and focus. 

She picked up a pink acoustic guitar and started humming her own song 'Dream'. At that moment, the manager of the shop greeted another customer happily. Well maybe because the shop's never really gotten more than one customer at one time before. 

*Poor manager* Min Young thought. *Why'd he set his shop up in this area anyway?*

She took the pink guitar and showed it to the manager. "How much is this?"

He glanced at it then looked back at her. "250,000 won."

Her eyes widened. "Chincha?" He nodded. "But the quality's really good. It produces  good sound and can be used for quite a long time."

"Ah.." she bit her lip. "I guess.. that's too bad.." she strummed the guitar once and smiled to herself. "It really does produce a good sound."

She placed the guitar on the counter. "Chwesonghamnida ahjussi--"

The other customer leaned on the counter with his arms folded. "Pink guitar.. do you like it?"

She looked the other way, pretending that she didn't hear him. The manager cast both of them curious glances.

"Yah." the guy nudged her. "I asked you: do you like the pink guitar?"

"Yeah." she replied flatly. "Very much."

"Arasso." he took his wallet out. "Ahjussi give me the guitar please."

"Very well." the manager said with a sigh of relief. Min Young glared at the man for one moment before looking away again.

After a few seconds, she felt that the side view of the man's face looked familiar.. a little too familiar? She looked at him again, squinting her eyes. His hair.. his eyes.. his jawline.. his cheekbones.. his .. lips..

"I-Isn't this..."

The man even bought her a guitar casing that suited the guitar well. "Here." he handed it to her with the guitar inside it strapped and safe and everything.

She felt her heart melt and tears formed in her eyes. "..Min Ho?"