His Warmth

Angel and Devil of Love

Lightning struck the roof of your house and within the next 5 seconds, the electricity supply was gone. No money to pay for the electric and water bill. Not enough to get good food. That was how poor you were. And it doesn't take Albert Einstein to know that the electricity will never come back. Now there's no light for you to seek even the tiniest of warmth from. 

You were under the wooden table in your abandoned house. Yes, you were sent to the orphanage. But you'd thought that running away would make you at peace for yourself. The only thing you'd done at the orphanage was make a fuss about anything and everything. Everything there felt so cold and dull. Even if they cooked your favourite food, it tasted weird and bland.

The lightning struck once again and you thought you heard some footsteps approaching you from behind. But you didn't care. What meaning of life was there left for you anyway? The person can kidnap you but no one would pay for the ransom. Your body could've been chopped into pieces, the police would've found it and the news would be on the paper but no one would bother about it for more than a week. 

No one would remember you. A meaningless life. You brought your knees up and hugged them, just hoping that whatever that was or whoever it was would take you away sooner. You buried your face in knees and waited for it. You cried and sobbed and wailed but you could not hear a sound. 

Suddenly, as another lightning was about to strike, you heard the sound of it disappear and birds' chirps replaced it. From your view of the dusty wooden floor, the darkness was lit with the little amount of sunlight that passed through the curtains on the window.

Warmth enveloped your hand and you felt your tears being wiped away. Something caressed your cheek. You could hear a voice , distant at first  "~~~~..."

"~~~~" It got louder. You felt your body being shaken.

 

 

"~~~~ ah?"

Your eyes blinked several times and you used your free hand to rub your eyes which you found were damp. *Oh* you thought *I cried.*

You turned to your right to see Kim Bum staring at you with eyes as wide as saucers that were filled with worry. You softened.

"Kim Bum? What are you doing here?"

He held your hand tighter. "You were crying."

You hesitated but nodded anyway "Yeah. I was."

"A nightmare?" 

"I don't know." you shrugged. "I've had this dream a lot of times already. I don't think it would count as a nightmare anymore.."

He let go of your hand and hugged you tightly. You blushed slightly at the amount of skinship he was giving you but dismissed it because you loved the warmth he shared with you. It made you feel like the ice you've always had inside of you melt. Your heart beat sped up as you breathed the delightful smell that his hair had and when he would caress your back in a comforting way, not saying a word. But that was fine because you didn't want to hear any right now.

You just wanted time to stop here forever. Your mind suddenly thought of the script you wrote a week ago. You chuckled *So this was how Juliet felt like?*

Kim Bum pulled back and raised an eyebrow at you and at the same time apologized. "Mianhe. I didn't mean to.. you don't mind that, right?"

You shook your head and smiled. You weren't going to tell him you absolutely loved it instead. So you took a glance at the clock that read 7.30 pm. You gasped. "Omo. Its already 7.30?"

"Yeah." he grinned. "You were asleep for the longest time."

"Ugh" you groaned. "My boss is going to kill me~" you whined.

"Its okay. You don't have to work there anymore." 

You looked up at him "What? What do you mean?"

"I quit for you" he nodded.

You gaped at him and jolted up from the bed. "WHAT? Why did you do that? Its hard to get these jobs!" you fumed. 

He got up from his seat and winked at you. "You can work for my dad you know. If you don't mind typing and filing of course."

"Y-Your dad?"

You scratched your head. *What does his dad do?*

Kim Bum pulled your hand down and smirked. "I'm not telling you. Its a surprise."

"But-"

"Shh" he put a finger on your lips. You blushed. "You'll know by tonight. As for dinner, I'll treat you to something good."

You sighed. It always seems like he does things at his own pace and you end up having to follow him. But then again, it might just be one of his charms. You smiled inwardly.

He tugged your arm and you slung your schoolbag over your shoulder.

You pulled you by your wrist and you laughed, feeling free and happy as you both ran to the parking lot.

 

You both stopped at a Mercedez and Kim Bum got his keys out. You gaped at the logo on the car. "You have a Mercedez?!"

He opened the door for you and you stepped in obediently. You got in from the other side.

"Do you even have a driving license?"

He took a pair of sunglasses and put it on. You thought it was kind of silly since it was nighttime. "Nope." he replied confidently.

Your eyes widened and you quickly put on your seatbelt before he drove off at high speed.