On My Mind

Angel and Devil of Love

"Hey guys!" Dara chirped and sat down beside Il Woo. Il Woo scooted away a little. 

She got her fork and spoon and was about to it when she noticed the awkward silence at the canteen table. "Annyeong~ is anyone here?"

She put her fork and spoon down and looked past Il Woo at two people who were catching a lot of attention. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT.

Kim Bum had some kimchi his mum had made for him scooped up in his spoon and was holding it out for you to eat. You shook your head at him but he kept ignoring that and pestered for you to eat it, stomping his foot and whining like a little child once in a while. You, on the other hand, unconsciously pouted and many guys were attracted to this new side of you.

"Are you gonna keep being this way ~~~~-ah?" he whined. "I purposely gave my lunch up for you and now you're telling me you don't want it? Not even a spoon?"

You held your laugh back the best you could but a small smile played at your lips nevertheless. "Well I didn't say I wanted your food." you replied coolly.

Suddenly Kim Bum gasped and pointed above you. "T-There's a.."

"A?"

"...a bat!!"

Your jaw dropped . Is this guy serious? What would a bat be doing in Seoul? And at a school, of all places? He must be joking.

He pushed the spoon into your mouth and pulled it out gently. You frowned.

"Yah. Kim Bum."

"Is it tasty?"

You rolled your eyes and jabbed at your own food miserably, thinking that you had just wasted your money buying food from the canteen when this idiot had already gotten a meal ready for you.

You were annoyed, frustrated and furious because you had to work your off for your own money. But his laugh and smile never failed to lift your mood. You read this somewhere in a story before. What is this feeling supposed to be...

You actually knew already. But you found it hard to admit to it.

A pair of hands grabbed your tray and a bento of kimchi was replaced with it. You looked up at Kim Bum with an apologetic smile. 

"Why did you do that?" you asked "Your food was obviously better than mine....."

"Right?" he lifted his eyebrows, indicating that you had just answered his question. "Don't worry. I know what you're thinking. I'll eat yours instead so it won't be a waste." He winked and ate a spoonful of plain rice with a little meat. "Besides, the canteen food isn't really all that bad." he talked with his mouth full.

You chuckled at the sight of his puffed out cheeks with food in it and his awkward voice when he talked like that. 

The guys and girls who were watching walked away dejectedly, feeling like you were both a real couple now. And they had no chances left.

"Yah" Min Ho nudged Kim Bum with his foot. 

"Hm?" Kim Bum asked , still chewing on the food.

"What happened with you and her?" he whispered. "You didn't... stalk her, did you?"

Kim Bum shrugged and cast a meaningful gaze your way. You looked down at the kimchi, slightly embarassed and ate his food.

Min Young smiled at you without you knowing it. I'm happy for you, ~~~~-ah.

Min Ho caught her smiling at you when she stopped doing it and they both coughed really fakely, and continued ignoring each other.

Dara pouted and continued eating her food, feeling so left out because her friends seem to be in their own world. And she was left with Il Woo who seemed to be avoiding her all the time.

What was his problem anyway? she thought. Its not like I did anything wrong this time.

~~~~

[Il Woo's POV]

Il Woo would be lying if he said he hadn't been bothered by Dara's presence for the whole of last week.

Ever since the time at the tennis court, he hasn't been able to get her off his mind. Were friends supposed to be like that with each other? Did it even make sense for a normal friend to think about the other for more than 12 hours a day? Was it even possible to call that relationship 'being friends'?

Il Woo kicked the sheets off his bed when he suddenly felt like screaming out his window at the top of his lungs. IT WAS JUST SO ANNOYING THAT HE COULDN'T STAND IT.

Why won't she get off his mind? Why must she stick to him like glue? As if only in physical means wasn't enough, she just had to stick to him in his mind too. 

When he was doing his test for World History, he could never remember anything because the moment he remembers something, her smiling face and gentle voice would always pop into his mind magically like she was psychic witch who could cast spells on him without even knowing it and she would be doing them at the right time EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

His phone rang and he picked it up grudgingly "Annyeonghaseyo." he said with his voice muffled by the pillow.

"Hyung."

" What do you want Kim Bum."

"Yah, why do you sound so mad? Its not like you at all hyung~"

"Whatever." he sighed. "So what's up?"

"Min Young-sshi is signing up for the Drama Club. She told me she likes acting and she feels like giving it a shot."

There was an awkward long silence before Il Woo broke it, and rolled off his bed , getting on his chair. "So?"

"So what?"

"No, thats what I'm asking you." Il Woo frowned .

"So you're signing up for the Drama Club too, right?"

"Why would I--"

"Okay then!" Kim Bum cheered. "Then Dara, Min Ho, ~~~~-ah and I will be joining the club as well~"

"Yah-" the call was disconnected. "YAH! Kim Bum!"

" Il Woo not so loud please! I'm trying to get some sleep~!" his mother yelled from across his room.

Il Woo heaved a long deep sigh and shut his lights off. There's no use arguing now. Knowing Kim Bum, he'll just write his name on the cursed slip of paper he was going to use along with all the others including her, of course and register it first thing tomorrow.

Yeah, you all know who he's talking about.