Precious Memory

Angel and Devil of Love

"The amusement park." Kim Bum said, squinting his eyes as he looked up at the highest point of the ferris wheel. Somewhere in his mind, he wondered why all girls would want to come here. It was kind of boring for him... not that he was complaining. But when Hyuna said that she had a place in her mind with a cheeky expression on her face, he'd expected something different. 

"Oppa~ lets go get some ice cream first, okay?" she grinned then fanned herself "Its quite hot out here."

He merely nodded but she seemed to be ecstatic from that simple reaction " Flavor?"

"Vanilla." He just blurted out whatever came first on his mind. 

Hyuna nodded. She quickly ran over to the ice cream parlor and took her place in the queue.

Meanwhile, Kim Bum sat on a bench and leaned his head against the backrest. He gazed up at the sky. The clouds.

He traced one of them that looked like a rose in a vase. Unconsciously, he smiled as a memory filled his head, cutting him off from the rest of the world. He closed his eyes, basking in the past memory he had with Tae Hee.

 

"Tae Hee ah." Kim Bum called, his voice breaking a little from his nervousness

She seemed to have been cut off from her little daydreaming session and diverted her attention to Kim Bum. 

He stared at her eyes, he loved how those brown orbs could make him feel like time has stopped. How her hair cascades down her shoulder and shone under the sunlight. Like a goddess, he thought.

"Wae? Do you have something to say?" she lightly chuckled.

He slowly nodded, feeling the courage build up in his heart, ready to take its course.

"I.. have something for you." he started, blushing lightly. He took a rose out of the bag he was carrying that still looked perfect and handed it to her.

She slowly took it. Her eyesbrows connected to form a frown. She was confused, lost. She didn't know what to say. She wanted to tell him today that she was never really serious in their relationship. But how was she to say it now?

Kim Bum mistook her expression for pure confusion -- the type that you get when something totally unexpected happens.

He passed her a vertically long box. She opened it, reached into it and pulled out a beautifully shaped transparent vase. Now the only thing missing was the water.

Kim Bum held her free hand that laid motionless on the table. She shifted her gaze from the vase to him.

"Kim Bum..."

Before she could say what she wanted to, he took his cup of water from the table and poured it into the vase. It shone like crystal clear water from the sunlight that passed through the windows. 

"The vase is the invisible shield that shows that I protect you." he explained, a little surprised that he sounded just fine and not stuttering like how how thought he would. "The water shows my pure love for you. And..." 

He took the rose from her and placed it nicely into the vase. "That's you." He smiled. That didn't need further explanation. The rose was red, soft, and pretty to look at.

Tae Hee couldn't do it. She couldn't. How could she break this innocent guy's heart? Especially right after he had given her these things. 

"Happy Birthday." he greeted warmly with the most sincere smile she has ever seen.

She didn't even know it was her birthday. She had forgotten. She was too busy with her life to remember these petty type of things. But he remembered. 

She felt like a bad person. A hypocrite. But what could she do? She had no choice.

She smiled and flashed him a simple smile. " Thanks Kim Bum-ah." 

 

"Tae Hee ah " he murmured her name, the smile still on his face. "I wonder how you're doing now. I wonder if you're happy."

~~~

"Aigoo~ Oppa, you should've told me if you can't take rollercoaster rides." you chided. "Now look at you! You can hardly stand." you pouted.

Tae Jun groaned. "Mianhe~ I must look so uncool right now, right?"

"Ani. You're still looking pretty good oppa." you smoothly lied even though your whole mind and soul was screaming 'pathetic' now.

A familiar face caught your attention and you looked away from Tae Jun for a while. You recognize the guy as the kingka of the school. A smirk struggled to appear on your face.

"Oppa?"

Tae Jun looked up at you from the bench. "Neh?"

"I think you need to use the washroom." 

"Oh." he said, like he just found out that nuclear energy was harmful " Okay. I'll be right back. Stay there alright?" He smiled at you.

You nodded cutely and waited for him to go in the washroom before you walked to Kim Bum.

 

N/A: Please do leave a comment, it really helps motivate me. Kamsahamnida~