For My Sick Chick

Angel and Devil of Love

"OMG you're back my man!" Doojoon howled. Junhyung smirked. Min Young smiled bashfully at Min Ho's side.

"Grats." Key nodded with his can of coffee in his hand.

"What for?" Min Ho asked. Key shrugged. "The company."

Min Ho grinned "Oh well--" "AND the girl." he smirked at Min Young who hid behind Min Ho, embarassed.

"W-Where's ~~~~?" she asked, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Don't know." Key sighed. "Haven't seen her all day. Her teacher was looking for her too. Something about the registry for college. But she would be ecstatic to see you here in school today. I heard you haven't been too much in contact with her."

"Yeah." Min Young admitted feeling guilty. "She must've been pretty worried, huh?"

"Hell yeah she was." Junhyung blurted out, rolling his eyes.

Everyone looked at him weirdly. "What?" he shrugged innocently.

~~~~

Your phone rang for the umpteenth time that day. You mumbled incoherently before picking up your phone. "Y-Yeoboseyo..?"

"Annyeong!" Kim Bum greeted cheerfully from the other end of the line. "Where are you? I can't find you at school."

You rubbed your temple feeling giddy. "Oh.. I didn't go to school today.."

"Why? Did something happen?" he panicked. "Are you sick? Someone died?"

You chuckled lightly. "Pabo. Its just a little fever.. I'm sure I'll get better soon. Don't worry about me. Enjoy yourself at school..okay?"

"But--" you put down the phone before he could go on.

You switched off your phone and put it on your dressing table, then crawled back under the covers of your bed, trying to breathe a slowly as possible. You hated feeling sweaty and sticky all over but at this point, you had no choice. You sighed deeply.

*Its gonna be a long day* you thought depressingly.

~~~

"Neh, she won't show up for work today." Kim Bum said professionally to his dad's secretary. "Yes. She's sick."

"Yes. Komapsumnida."

He shut his phone and ran to the parking lot where he had his bicycle locked at. Taemin saw him running out of the block and squinted his eyes just to make sure if it was really Kim Bum he was seeing. 

"HYUNG!" Taemin yelled across 4 students. Kim Bum looked back.

"Odiga?!"

"TELL TEACH I'LL BE ABSENT TODAY ARASO?! GOMAWO!" he yelled back, quickly unlocking the lock on his bike and getting onto his bike. He cycled away from everyone else, to the gate and out into streets of Seoul.

Taemin sighed, pouting for the extra effect. "Why is it always me?" he whined.

~~~

Your door bell rang once. You thought it was some postman so you ignored it. Then it rang again. And again. You buried your head under your pillow but it didn't stop the ringing.

You stood up, growling and stomped all the way to the front door with the little strength you had left.

You unlocked the door and yanked it open. "Yah, who--"

Kim Bum grinned. "Annyeonghaseyo."

Your eyes widened. "Yah, what are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?"

"But--... you.." you sighed. "Neh.."

"Kamsahamnida!" he took off his shoes and walked inside your apartment. You shook your head and shut the door behind you.

 

"Sleep." he said pushing you down onto your bed. He got a bowl of warm water out and a towel. He dipped the towel inside and wringed the water from it. He put it on your forehead and suddenly you felt better. A little.

"Hmm.." you smiled. "It feels nice."

"Right?" he smiled. 

"You.. What happened to 'Don't worry about me.' and 'Enjoy yourself at school', huh? Do you ever listen?" you scolded softly.

"Mian." he bowed. "I couldn't help it. How can I leave you alone when you're sick?" he mused. "Its just like a hen leaving its chick when its feeling down."

You laughed. "Bwoh? Where did that come from?"

He managed a little smile but deep inside, he knew he was getting sleepy. He didn't get enough sleep last night. He had a long LONG lecture with Mr.Shin about looking out for future careers. And the old man wouldn't let anyone out until he's done with everything. Plus, it didn't help that he loved elaborating his points on a very large scale.

But you, also, were too tired and sick to notice his tiredness. After replacing the towel on your forehead several times, you drifted into a deep slumber feeling warm and safe.

He on the other hand was resting his head on his propped up hand. A few minutes after you slept, he joined you too without noticing it, his speedy heart beat slowing down, to match the comfort he needed for a good sleep.