A Pleasant Change

Angel and Devil of Love

"Who's that?" a girl piped up.

"You don't know?" her boyfriend gaped at her, eyes wide. "That's the school queenka. Park ~~~~."

--

"Oh my God. What happened to her tee and jeans?"

"This cannot be happening."

"If she wears like that, she'll outshine me!" the girl wailed. "No one will ever look at me ever again!"

--

"The 'devil' is back?" a guy asked, smirking at her back. "Damn, even her back looks hot."

"Uh..." his friend squinted his eyes, examining her expression. "I don't think so... she doesn't look very y today."

"Really?"

He shrugged. "Maybe its just me."

~~~~

Min Young whirled around in her seat. "Hey." she tapped on Hyuna's desk.

"Yes unnie?"

"Do you.. do you think that.. that ~~~~.."

Hyuna raised her perfect eyebrow. "What is it? Spill." she smiled cutely.

"Do you think ~~~~ li--"

"Hey." you greeted with a genuine smile as you sat down beside Min Young. Both Hyuna and Min Young paused with their mouths open. You giggled. "Shut your mouths. Don't let the flies have a chance to get in."

Before Min Young could say anything, you took out a english literature book and flipped to the very first page, reading.

Hyuna and Min Young exchanged nervous glances. You never studied before. Or even been to school this early before. You were always on the dot, if not, late. And the way you smiled at them like that gave both of them the shivers. 

"U-Unnie.." Hyuna croaked. You looked up from your book. "G-Gwenchana?"

You laughed. "Of course I'm okay, pabo." you stared at them for a while but they said nothing. "Is something wrong?"

Min Young and Hyuna cleared their throats at the same time and nervously dusted off their jeans and blouses. "N-Nothing."

"Okay." you smiled again and turned your attention back to your book.

Hyuna tapped Min Young on the shoulder. She looked over. "Something really big must've have happened." she mouthed.

Min Young nodded but before she could say a thing, the teacher entered the classroom. You put your book away and rested your  chin on your propped up hand, paying full attention.

~~~~

"Haha no way. There is NO way that can happen you know?" Jonghyun snickered. "I bet you guys are just doing this for fun. Why so serious?" 

Taemin slapped Jonghyun's stomach. "Ow!" Jonghyun yelped. "What the hell?!"

"Sorry hyung." Taemin blinked innocently.

Yoseob laughed. Key shot Jonghyun a look. "We're not fooling around if you must know. We fight for only what's right." he said proudly.

Yoseob attempted a serious face. There was a weird pause before they all burst out laughing. He pouted. "Oh come on. I was trying really hard to look serious.."

Taemin stuck his nose up high. "I bet I can do better."

Jonghyun and Key pretended to cough.  "Hmph." Yoseob folded his arms angrily.

A girl bumped into Key and her papers flew all over the place. "Omo!" the girl squeaked.

He immediately bent down and started picking up her papers. "I'm sorry." he apologized. "I wasn't looking at where--"

His eyes widened and the papers fell again.

Jonghyun frowned. "Yeobo that's no way to treat a girl." he scolded.

"Sorry noona we'll help you." Yoseob and Taemin chimed in.

"Its okay." she said.

"Its alright ~~~~ noona." Taemin grinned.

Yoseob paused. Jonghyun nodded satisfied, but then paused too.

"~~~~?!"

You looked up from the floor. "Neh?"

~~~~~

4minute stared at you closely. Way too closely. You backed away slightly. "Are you guys okay?"

They didn't reply and continued staring. "I..Is everyone okay today, for that matter?" you looked up at the guys who towered over 4minute.

"Did something happen?" Jihyun interrogated.

You gulped. "Nothing."

"Nothing?" Gayoon squinted her eyes at you.

Sohyun pouted "Are you sure unnie?"

"Yes."

"Did fairy godmother come and give you a wish or something?" Jiyoon asked seriously. "She did, right?"

You laughed. "Aish Jiyoon unnie, nothing happened okay?" you looked at all of them.

They narrowed their eyes. "I'm serious!"

Junhyung pushed past 4minute, squeezing himself in between Jihyun and Gayoon. "Yah!" they hissed.

"Please line up Yong Junhyung sshi." Sohyun proposed quietly, pointing at the long line behind them in the canteen.

He rolled his eyes. 4minute just walked away then, Jihyun glanced at you "Call me." she mouthed. You nodded.

"So," he smirked. "What happened?"

You laughed. "What? Why is everyone asking me the same thing? Nothing happened!"

He scanned you from head to toe and back again. "Are you really serious? There's no way a girl who suddenly became extra beautiful had nothing happen to her." he stated suspiciously.

You were speechless. How were you supposed to answer to that? Besides that, he had a serious look on his face, and something told you that if you were to tell him something he didn't like at the moment, things wouldn't be very pretty.

"Actually.. I--"

"TIME'S UP!" everyone from behind the line yelled.

"Yah! What the hell? 4minute got way much time than I had!" he shot back.

"Well people who cut the line get their time cut too!" a girl hissed.

He sighed dramatically. You held his hand and he turned his attention back to you. "I'll see you later Junhyung." you assured. "Okay?"

He softened. "Okay." 

He walked away hesitantly after waving.

You watched him walk away and wondered why he was so curious about it. Was the reason the same as everyone else's? Or..

"Hey ~~~~." you heart stopped for a second. You didn't need to look to know who it was. This voice.. the only voice that could melt the ice in your heart. It could only be one person.

"Kim Bum?" you looked. And sure enough, he was standing there.

He cocked his head to the side but didn't say a word. Then just when you were about to, he spoke up. "You look amazing today." he nodded at your white floral blouse and above-the-knee jeans. 

"Oh." you unconsciously tugged a strand of hair behind your ear. "T-Thanks.."

"Did you sleep well last night?" You nodded. It was in fact the best sleep you've gotten in a few years now..

"Say.. Kim Bum?"

"Yeah?" he asked checking the time he had left on his watch.

"Let's not eat at the canteen later with the others during lunch." 

He chuckled "Are you forbidding me from eating my food?"

"A-Aniyo" you smiled. "I just.. thought... well, you can bring your food along.. to the garden?" you stuttered.

He laughed but nodded. "Sure. Meet me at the nearest entrance. I know the perfect place." he winked.

"Okay ... oppa." you tried softly. He stared at you weirdly. "Did you say something?"

You shook your head. "No, nothing." you waved your hands about, blushing. "Never mind.."

"Oops." he sighed. "Time's up." he showed you his watch. "Catch ya later?"

You simply smiled. He took that as a yes and walked away feeling as light as a feather.