Ice cream breakdown

Angel and Devil of Love

[Your POV]

After the bowling, Kim Bum, Il Woo and Min Ho paid for the girls too and they walked out into the open air again.

Dara stretched her arms wide. "Let's get some ice cream!" she gleefully said.

Min Young's eyes widened and she jumped like a little kid on a spot. "Ice cream? There's ice cream here? Where??"

"Over there!" she said pointing at an ice cream parlor nearby.

Dara pulled Min Young away, leaving you with the three guys. Again. Did you mention that they did the same thing at the bowling alley just now? When they bought snacks which took them an unbelievably long 30 minutes and came back all happy and laughing.

Right. You didn't.

And what's wrong with ice cream and Kim Bum? Why is there always ice cream when Kim Bum was around?

Kim Bum noticed you staring at him after Min Ho gave a slight fake cough. He smiled at you "Want some too?"

"No." you flatly replied. "Thanks."

You decided to play the hard to get tactic. It was fun when it came to guys like him. Guys who seemed so perfect at everything and could care less about touching a book or peeking at girls when they would naturally come to him. And what's best is that their interested in you. That's what makes it all the more amusing.

"How about I get you it?" Min Ho winked at you playfully, now that Min Young was gone, he'd let his flirt of a character show. He was fully aware the entire time that you were the queenka of his school. But he'd always felt tongue-tied around Min Young. He didn't even want to know why.

To Kim Bum's surprise, the side of your lips curved up to form a smile. "Sure."

Il Woo just stared at you, dumbfounded. It was like listening to his granny who would allow him to drink coffee late at night and yell at him for making it a moment later.

"Are you bipolar?" he asked, chuckling.

You raised your eyebrow at him and faced Kim Bum instead. Kim Bum gave you a slight shrug, not understanding what you were implying with the look on your face.

Me? Bipolar? The only one who's bipolar is Kim Bum! you thought to yourself.

Min Ho waved his hand in front of you and you snapped out of your thoughts. "Here." he held your left hand and gently put it in your hand. "Banana."

You stared at the ice cream. Min Ho suddenly got a feeling you didn't like it very much. "You don't like banana?"

You bit on your lip and faced the ground, hoping that your heated cheeks wouldn't show. You hadn't felt this embarassed in a long time. This was the reason why you didn't like eating ice cream.

You shook your head slowly and avoided looking at all three of them. You looked at a baker across the street making flour instead. "I haven't eaten ice cream before..." 

Il Woo's eyes widened and he laughed for the first time in a very long time. Kim Bum was slightly shocked at his hyung's sudden outburst but he chuckled a little himself. Min Ho just smirked at you.

"That's kinda.." Il Woo said, trying to catch his breath.

"..cute." Kim Bum finished for him. Il Woo gave him a look that said 'okay-I-get-it-you-like-her-you-don't-have-to-finish-my-sentence-for-me'.

"Try it." Kim Bum said and took your hand, making sure the tip of the ice cream touched your lips. "Its nice, sweet and cooling. No one can decline ice cream. Ever." he wriggled his nose.

You laughed a little and Kim Bum blinked at you innocently, surprised and pleased.

"Guys, she laughed!" he gasped. "The ice queen laughed~" he teased.

You stuck your tongue out at him. So much for playing hard to get you thought. You don't think it was gonna work on this bipolar maniac anyway.

You the melting sides of the ice cream and felt a sweet familiar banana taste go down your thoat and tingle your senses. 

You liked the feeling and continued to it slowly , savouring the taste. 

"Thanks for the ice cream Min Ho." you smiled.

These people aren't so bad after all you grinned inwardly.

"~~~~ ah!" Min Young called.

"No problem." Min Ho said, suddenly sounding formal and cleared his throat looking the other way.

You giggled. 

Kim Bum tilted your chin up and used his little finger to wipe off some ice cream that you hadn't notice was at your upper lip. He his pinky while looking at you in the eye.

Your heart went ba-bump at the sight.

He shrugged it off like it was normal and put his hands in his pockets. "Just thought I'd get a little taste of banana ice cream. Haven't had that in a while. I'll go get one myself." he walked to the parlor just when Dara came back.

She looked at Il Woo who was shaking his head at Kim Bum's retreating back. "What happened?"

"Nothing." he simply said.

She folded her arms and pouted . Min Young hummed and her ice cream, smiling.

Min Ho stole glances at her from beside you.

You smiled at the awkward situation.  It was just so cute.

But when you thought of what you REALLY knew about love, your heart sunk again, and suddenly the ice cream didn't really seem to help anymore, though it still did, just a little. They were gonna get hurt.

And now that you know that they already fell in love's trap, there was no way you could let them know the truth before they get hurt anymore. It was too late. You failed a mission before you even begun.

You ate the ice cream still, but stopped halfway when you saw a transparent liquid falling onto the ice cream, mixing with it. You felt the inner child locked up inside of you suddenly break free. You felt so open, so scarred, so ugly, so beaten and screwed up.

You hadn't realized the transparent liquid was your own tears until Min Young came over and wiped them off gently with her hankerchief. Even she hadn't seen you like this before.

Deep inside of you, you know why you were crying.

You were crying because these people reminded you of the life you were supposed to live as a teenager. So carefree, so easy and so un-hurtful. So trusting, so humorous and so fun. But you didn't have all that. You couldn't even smile properly until today.

Suddenly you felt a pair of strong arms come up from behind you and hugged your waist. "Why are you crying ~~~~ ah?" Kim Bum asked softly after shoving his cone at Min Ho. "We came out to have fun today, right?" 

You nodded and felt even more tears flow from your eyes. Like a damn waterfall you thought.

"I'm weak." you mumbled. "I'm so weak...."

"No you're not." He cooed. "You're just tired. Girls cry because they've been strong for too long, right?"

"Its why I wanted to be friends with you." He felt around for your hands and turned you around to face him.

He caressed your soft and pale palms" I'll show you what love really means, ~~~~."

You looked at him, feeling like the 6 year old you, lost and confused.

Passersby were looking at the scene awkwardly but you didn't bother about that. You never cared about what others thought about you. You just cared about what YOU thought about yourself. "Love?" you managed to choke out. 

He nodded. "Love." he repeated.

"What is this... love?"

He shook his head and put a finger to your lips. "I'll show you " he smiled and looked straight into your eyes. "Step by step."