Your Stand

Angel and Devil of Love

"Hey Min Young." you smiled when you saw her in the club room. You put your bag down on a random desk and settled down beside her.

"Hey." she said, surprised. 

You scrunched your nose "What's with the face?"

"I don't know. You haven't been talking to me a lot lately." she pouted.

You giggled. "Aigoo~ fine. I'll spend time with you tomorrow. At my house. Is that okay?"

"Why tomorrow? Why not today?"

You bit on you lower lip and sat upright to straighten your shirt. "Um," you cleared your throat "Well..."

The door burst open and Junhyung, Yoseob, Kikwang, Doojoon and Dongwoon entered with Min Ho, Kim Bum, Il Woo, Dara and 4minute.

You sighed softly, hoping that Min Young didn't hear that and thanked God they came just in time.

You realized Yoseob had been spending way too much time trying to up to Min Ho. He did many things like allowing Min Ho to walk in front of him, cut his queue at the canteen, kick him in the shin when Min Ho looked pissed and even gave Min Ho a flower saying that it was from your best friend Min Young - which was kind of cute. You had to admit at least that.

As if not on purpose, Yoseob bumped into Min Ho who tripped over a banana split that seemed too awkward for just being there on the otherwise perfectly clean floor and fell on Min Young who yelped a bit. "Kyaa!" she went.

You winced at her high pitched voice. It must have been painful since Min Ho seemed kinda huge. Well most probably because of his height.. He must be heavy.

You shot a curious and suspicious glance at Yoseob who seemed pretty happy that his best female buddy was hurt and sprawled on the floor with another guy on top of her. Everyone was staring and Kim Bum was the only one whose jaw dropped. And you wondered with a teeny weensy tiny smile if a fly would go in there if he kept that up.

Junhyung caught you looking and thought you were smiling at him. He gave you a playful smirk and you looked away blushing, embarassed that you got caught.

It was quite silent for a while until Min Young snapped "What are you doing you byuntae?! Get off of me!"

Min Ho looked flustered and his eyes were wide open, like something just clicked into his mind. But of course, that didn't matter to Min Young.

"You're not moving?!" she shrieked.

She pushed him off her with an unexpected strength and he fell on his , continuing to stare at nothing.

She dusted off her clothes and sent Yoseob a chilling glare. She seemed to have learned that from stiicking to you throughout all these years. She never used to be like that.

"Mianhe.." Yoseob squeaked.

4minute squeezed through the guys and went to the front, trying to avert their attention elsewhere. Jiyoon waved her hands about with a frown. "What are you guys doing? Do you think we have all day? Get on it, now!"

Beast and the other guys shrugged and started preparing the props and scripts and whatnot. You walked over to Min Young who was at a corner, her back facing everyone else and her arms folded.

You patted her shoulder twice. "You okay?"

No response. You shook her a little and she kind of shrugged your hand off. 

You frowned. What was wrong with her?

You turned her a bit to face you and saw her face which was blushing madly.

~~~~

"Its all your fault." Min Ho complained to Doojoon.

"Huh?" Doojoon asked absent mindedly sipping his can of coffee.

"You brought me here today." he sighed. "Not like I have anything to do here.."

"Yes you do." Kikwang grinned. "Hyunseung said ~~~~ wrote your name in the script too. Though I'm not sure what your character is.."

"WHAT?" he yelped "Didn't I say I'm not going to join?"

"Well..."

You walked to the boys. "Of course I knew that." You said with a confident smirk.

"But did you think I was gonna let you off without doing anything when everyone else is?" you raised your eyebrow "Especially me?"

He scoffed. "Well, excuse me little miss, at least you don't have to goof around on the stage."

That hit a nerve somewhere. You've always had the knack for acting. Since for the past few years, you've been doing that everyday extremely well.

"Excuse ME? Acting isn't what you call 'goofing around'. Just cause you're pissed at Yoseob or Doojoon oppa or whatever doesn't mean you can take it out on the rest of us." You folded your arms. "Want me to tell you what's really called 'goofin around'?"

He didn't reply but his intense gaze gave you more than permission to continue. It was more of a challenge.

"The way you obviously have feelings (which you didn't believe in still)" you softly said "For my friend and yet you go around hooking yourselves up with cheap s and act as if you never did whenever you're in front of her. Its so disgusting you know that? Do you ever stop to think why she never speaks politely to you? Huh?" you barked.

Again, he didn't reply. But tears started springing out of your eyes. You felt partly responsible for Min Young's dull life since she'd always have to comfort you when you were down (which is almost all the time) and she had almost zero time to have a fun life and get to know others better, especially of the opposite .

Junhyung put his hand on your shoulders and patted them softly. "Shh.." he cooed.

You felt your anger dissipate but you still felt quite disappointed. You had looked up to him before you actually got to know him better. You know? At the time when he got you ice cream that day when you were hanging out with Kim Bum and the gang? Yeah..

"Mianhe." You said and wiped a stubborn tear that streaked your cheek. "I don't know what got into me."

Junhyung let go of you as you walked to the window and breathed in as much fresh air as possible.

"ugh." you cursed. "life ."

you leaned on the window sill. 

Someone leaned on it beside you and you looked up, teary eyed and all.

Your eyes widened "Kim Bum.."

"Hey" he smiled. "I heard you. That was great."

"Great?" you laughed "No its not. I yelled at your friend."

He shook his head. "No. It IS great. He needed that advice anyway. Even if you didn't do that, i would've given him a punch sooner or later."

You smiled and realized that suddenly, you didn't feel so cold anymore. It always felt kinda warm with Kim Bum around.. and you kind of missed that warmth too..

"I missed you." you said unconsciously.

Kim Bum blinked "What?"

"What?" you asked back, totally oblivious to what he was asking about.

"What did you say?"

"I said something?"

"Yes you did." he paused with a smile " You said you missed me.."

Oh crap. You said that out loud?

"Oh. Did I?" you shyly curled a lock of hair around your finger and looked away, feeling that familiar heat on your cheeks again.

"Yeah." he said.

It was silent while 4minute rehearsed at the back with Il Woo, Dara, Min Young and Beast.

Kim Bum and you just stared out the window with a little breeze passing through the both of you every now and then.

Finally after what seemed like eternity, Kim Bum spoke "You know, I kinda missed you too.."

You looked up at him and saw his blushing face which made you blush too.

"Well I've been avoiding you a lot lately. And we didn't have much chances to talk because of that. Mianhe."

You thought about it and wondered why he avoided you. But since you had a feeling he wasn't going to tell you so easily, you just let it slide.  "Its okay.." you smiled.

"Um.."

"Hm?"

You felt like hiding in a dark hole somewhere and hoping that no one would ever see you again but there was no hole there and even if there was one, it wasn't big enough for you to fit in.

You accidentally bit on your tongue because you were too nervous and winced slightly.

Kim Bum rushed to your side, enclosing the distance between the both of you.

You blushed and held up a hand to keep a certain distance away from him. You were afraid that if he got too close, your heart might just ound right out of your chest.

You nodded and scratched his head with a goofy grin.

"I took a day off work today." You smiled. "Want to.. g-go out.. for dinner?"