Puzzle Piece

Angel and Devil of Love

"I can't believe you asked me out to eat ramen." Kim Bum chuckled.

You pouted "Well sorry for being a teenager that has to work part time and has a budget for everything."

"No" he stopped laughing. "Its just... I haven't eaten this before." he smiled at his bowl of ramen, grabbing his pair of chopsticks.

"Really?" you gaped at him. Then your face retuned to normal. "Ah.. I know. You're fooling around with me again, aren't you?"

"No. I'm serious." his furrowed his eyebrows in that cute way and slurped his noodles. "Mm~ Maa."

"I know." you grinned foolishly. "This used to be my favourite." 

You both ate in silence which you found to be quite comfortable - just like how it felt like when you were with Min Young. Only a little beter somewhere. Just a little.

Kim Bum finished first and asked the kind looking ahjussi to get you tea. 

Moments later, the guy came back and set two cups between the both of you along with a tiny tea pot which was more than enough for the both of you actually.

"Kamsahamnida ahjussi." you said with a soft smile.

He smiled back with a nod "You're a regular here, aren't you?" 

You nodded shyly. It was kind of embarassing to admit that you liked ramen enough to be a regular at a ramen shop. Especially since you're a girl and it just made you sound... fat? Crazy for food? 

"Neh." you said curtly and proceeded to eating again, finishing your ramen as Kim Bum delicately poured the tea into the cups.

When you were done, you put your chopsticks on the bowl . You took in a deep breath, satisfied of your dinner. You then turned to look at Kim Bum, whom you found was staring straight at your face. You thought he must have done that for a long time.

You blushed unconsciously. "What? Is there something on my face?" You retorted, still with a bit of that attitude which you seem to be losing a lot lately.

He didn't reply but gave you your cup which was filled perfectly at the right level - not too much and not too little. You looked at him, bewildered.

"You know dining etiquette?"

"Yup."

"How?" you sipped your tea.

His eyes widened and it seemed as if he was about to say something sarcastic but he didn't and went back to staring at you, but you didn't mind, after all you were starting to get used to it.

"Yeah, you were probably too busy with your own life to notice.." he mumbled.

"What?" you asked, confused.

"I'm from a well-to-do family. My father owns a large business and my mum's a renowned painter and everything." he said as if he got that one sentence ingrained into his memory forever.

"Oh. I didn't know that." You put your cup down. "It must be nice to be wealthy..." you mumbled softly as you thought about your own tough life. Waking up as early as the roosters do and working at several places just to survive a month each time.

He sighed and drank his tea in one big gulped. You gaped at him. "Hey! That was hot!"

He nodded. "I know." he hiccupped and you laughed at that. He smiled at you as you refilled his cup of tea imperfectly, spilling a little, but to him, it only made you that much cuter. "You know, being rich doesn't necessarily mean it'll be nice." he suddenly said.

You put the pot down and looked at him "Especially for the kids." he added.

"My parents..." he glanced up at your eyes, seeking permission and you nodded in understanding.  ".. they don't treat me very well." he grinned and shielded his face from the ahjussi with his hand to whisper "I don't tell this to just anybody."

"Okay okay.." you chuckled "Go on."

"Well, they are always either too busy, or too tired. Even if they do have the time, they'd always prefer to do things they like. For example, for my dad, he plays golf. And as for my mum, she paints even when she's free." he shrugged.

"What do you do then?"

He looked at you with eyes that seemed to shine. You blinked your eyes a few times but the shine was still there. You furrowed your eyebrows. *Am I seeing things?*

"I hang out with Min Ho and Il Woo hyung. And sometimes Shinee and Beast." 

You nodded and cleared your throat. As if something was even stuck there in the first place. You never really hung out with anyone except Min Young so you didn't know what to say.

Kim Bum laughed and you shot him a confused look.

"I bet you're thinking that you don't know what its like to hang out with other people than Min Young sshi?"

You crinkled your nose. "You can read minds?"

"Yeah." Kim Bum said playfully.

You snorted and he took his cup in his hand, taking sips little by little this time, enjoying the moment as the both of you got immersed into the atmosphere and started small talk about both your lives, sharing secrets that both he and you never really told anyone before.

~~~~

"That would be 7500 won young sir." the ahjussi said with a polite smile.

You took your purse out and was rummaging through it for some notes but Kim Bum had already paid the guy.

The ahjussi got the change ready but Kim Bum held a hand up. "Its okay ahjussi. Keep the change." He then walked away and pulled you lightly by the wrist.

When the both of you were almost to your house (more like apartment) , you finally got the courage to ask him "Why did you pay for me? I was a regular there and I could have gotten us a fair bit of discount." you pouted slightly.

"I have lots of money to waste anyway." he smirked "And besides, it makes me look more like a gentleman, don't you think?" he asked, flipping his bangs to the side.

You smiled. It did. But of course, you weren't gonna tell him that.

"No. You're still the same."

His smile faltered slightly and you cheered a little in your heart for no apparent reason at all. Not that you know of, anyway.

When you got to the door of your apartment (which was unnecssary for him to walk you all the way to your door anyway) you felt something cool and metallic touch your neck and your collarbone and suddenly, your heart sped, which happens an awful lately too, other than your blushing of course.

You heard a soft 'click' sound and turned behind to find Kim Bum with a sweet smile on his face, looking straight at the part where the metal touched your skin. You almost burned under his gaze and decided to look down at the pendant on the necklace he gave you.

"W-What's this for?" you stuttered and cursed yourself for that soon after.

"Nothing."

"'Nothing'?"

He scratched his head shyly, blushing too. "No, I mean.. I just want you to have it."

The pendant was a shape of an angel with beautiful wings embedded with crystal-like jewels . "Its really nice... Is it new?"

He shook his head. "Um.. its actually meant for my ex." Your heart sunk suddenly and your smile fell. *What? His ex?*

"But.." he looked at you worriedly ".. I want you to have it now." he said with a firm tone, hoping against all odds that you could catch the real meaning behind that sentence.

It took a while for you to get that but when you did, you fell your blood rush to your head immediately and you blushed furiously. You turned around so that your back was facing him and hoped that he did not see your face. 

"Oh. Well okay then.. T-Thank you." you bowed and hit your head against the door. "Ah.." you winced and cursed yourself again for forgetting that you were facing the other way.

He chuckled and took the keys that were in your hand and shoved it into the keyhole, opening the door for you.

You stepped in and glanced at him nervously before he gave you a last wave that night. 

"I had a great time." he smiled. "Just treat the angel as if its me." he blushed more than he already was. "Like I'm protecting you.. or something.... um, Good night." he greeted before he closed the door softly.

When you were sure that he was gone and away from the building, you squealed like a crazy schoolgirl and jumped on your couch which was already not in a good condition. It tore a little more but you could care less.

The neighbour from the other side of the wall raised an eyebrow at the wall. It was so unusual to hear any sounds coming from your side at all. It wasn't like you had parties, or a television to make some noise, nor do you have friends around. And most of the time, it seemed as if you weren't home at all.

You couldn't help it. You just needed to shout or scream or yell or even cry at the moment. It felt like there's this whole animal inside of you wanting to burst out and roam freely.

When you finally managed to calm down, you took a slightly yellow book and blew a layer of dust off it. You smiled as the GOOD memories of your childhood ran through your mind.

You unlocked the lock that kept your book binded and flipped through the close-to-a-decade pages. It was all back when you loved your parents like they were your utmost important treasure.  The same feeling and burst of emotions when your parents showed you affection. It was all proved in words and you needed your feelings to be confirmed at the time.

You hugged the book closely to your chest. It felt so alike. So.. amazing and made you feel at a loss of words - but in a good way.

You silently thought to yourself *Is he the missing puzzle piece I've been missing all this while?*