Rejection

Angel and Devil of Love

"Thanks for your hard work everyone." Dara bowed. The other tennis members bowed in return and left. Nicole trudged up to her. "U..unnie?"

"Yes?" Dara asked, walking to the switches. Nicole followed behind her. 

"Um.. I was wondering.." Dara switched one light off. "..if you're.." Dara switched off another. "... dating Il Woo sunbae.."

Her finger twitched and all the lights went off. Nicole jumped and hugged her arm. She was a little afraid of the darkness. JUST A LITTLE she insisted.

Dara laughed nervously. "Ha ha ha.. what do you mean?" she switched one light back on. 

Il Woo poked his head through the door. His eyes scanned the room for the girl he was waiting for since he had been waiting out there for quite a long time and his patience was already reaching its limit.

His eyes fell on Dara and he felt that weird warm feeling in his heart again. "Da--"

"There's no way Il Woo and I would ever date." Dara declared. "No way.." she muttered to herself, disappointed.

"Oh." Nicole blinked. "Well I didn't mean to ask.." she waved her hands in a shy manner. "Its just.. the other unnies were really curious."

"Its okay." Dara smiled. She looked up from Nicole and her eyes connected with Il Woo's. He dropped a wrapped box on the floor and stormed off immediately, thinking that somehow, the further he got away from her, his heart would hurt less.

Nicole gasped with her hands over mouth. Dara panicked and left the shocked Nicole alone in the court to clean up. She stopped at the place where Il Woo stood. She bent down and took the box that he dropped cautiously like it was the most precious thing to her at the moment.

She turned it around and saw a post-it on the side of the box. She read it aloud. "Hey Dara. I got this for you. I bet you forgot what day it is today. Well, I'll tell you. Its the 8th anniversary of our friendship. I know I seem like a total for giving a present on a simple friendship anniversary. -insert smirk- But.. I hope you'll like it. It took me forever to find the perfect present. - Il Woo."

Dara wiped away her tears that was already forming in her eyes. She tore of the wrapper hurriedly and took off the lid. Inside was a cute white teddy that had a necklace with a locket around its neck. It obviously didn't belong there so she took the necklace off from the teddy. She tried prying the locker open but it wouldn't budge. Then she saw a little note beside the teddy. 

"Look for me for the key to unlock it." it said.

She nearly died from the suspense and smiled unconsciously, thinking how sweet it was to find a gift like that for her. Well only because he didn't do it the seven years before. But her smile was wiped off right after when she remembered what she said to Nicole. His expression right before he stormed off. 

She didn't know why he got so mad. Its not like he wanted to date her.. right? The only thing she knew was that she'd hurt him. And it was all her fault.