Leaving On The Outside, Staying on The Inside

Angel and Devil of Love

Lights were everywhere and so were cameras. Many men were walking around aiding in the lighting while some others were helping the photographers get the perfect angle for a shot.

Min Young stood under all the lights posing for pictures and smiling that cute elegant smile of hers that she never really shows at school. She had always wanted to try being a model and when this bright company offered her the job, she was ecstatic. She will never forget this day. But it might also take her quite a while to get back here again since it was quite a pain to get up early and get your face powdered and messed around with bysome stranger.

It was certainly a new experience altogether. And she liked it.

"That's it." the director announced. "We're done."

Min Young nodded and bowed before thanking the old yet good-looking man. The man was somewhere in his 40s. But he looked much younger than his real age. He had run this business for a while now and he's been earning big bucks. But he's always been a humble and kind man.

She went to the room to get herself changed into her own clothes and walked out of the place feeling happy, when suddenly someone bumped into her shoulder. She winced from the pain.

"Hey can you watch where you're--" both voices said at the same time.

They looked at each other, one in surprise and the other in relieve.

"Where were you?" Min Ho asked, out of breath.

She raised her eyebrow. "Well you must've known if you've gotten this far. Surely I don't have to tell you." She continued walking down the street.

"Was it safe?" he trailed behind her. When she did not answer he walked beside her. "Did something bad happen?" he caught her arm.

She pulled away feeling annoyed. "Nothing BAD happen okay? In fact it was a very nice experience."

His mouth formed an 'O' shape and for the next few minutes they were both silent. 

He was the first to break the silence. "So.. where are you going?"

"Home."

"But why?"

"Because I live there, idiot." she smirked.

He sighed with a smile, shaking his head. "Are you going to keep being this mean to me?"

"Am I?"

He nodded. "Well I'm always like this." she lied "Live with it."

"What if I don't want to?"

Her phone rang at that moment. She bit her lip *Saved by the call*

"Annyeong?"

"Hey Min Young its me ~~~~."

"Ah." she sighed, relieved at the sound of your voice. "Wae? Did something happen at school?"

"Nah. Just wanted to tell you... I've finally gotten the job!" you squealed from the other end of the line.

"Omo chincha? That's great news!" she smiled. "Wanna celebrate?"

"Don't get me wrong, I would love to but.." you bit your lip. "But....?" 

"But I already have an appointment later." you lamely ended.

"Appointment?" she asked, baffled. "What appointment could be more important than your best friend?" she pouted.

You chuckled. "Mianhe. Really. I'll go out with you next time and everything'll be on me."

"You promise?" she asked hopefully.

"Neh."

"Good. Hurry and get busy alright?" 

"Okay. See you next time." you hung up.

She put her phone back in her handbag. She noticed Min Ho was still there beside her all this time but by then, he had a distant look on his face. She wondered if she had hurt his manly pride for ignoring him...

Not that she cares though.

She felt a light tug at the hem of her shirt when she reached the gate of her house. She turned around. 

He put a diamond studded ring carefully onto her index finger. She gasped lightly at the coldness of the metal. He looked up into her eyes. She looked at his eyes too.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I'm going away." he stated. "for a while."

"..Where?"

"Somewhere in America."

Her eyes widened. She felt a sting at her heart. "W-Why?" she stuttered.

"..Family issues." he admitted.

"How long?"

"Maybe 3 months. " he furrowed his eyebrows. "or maybe more.."

She looked away from him. She didn't want to see him or hear him say anything any more. Why was he even telling her these things anyway?

"So.. what's the ring for?" she asked after a while.

"Oh that.." he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I gave it to you so that you won't feel lonely when I'm gone."

She scoffed. "What makes you think I'll feel lonely when you're not around?" She glared at him.

He looked back at her with truthful eyes that totally expressed what he was feeling at the moment. She gulped. She hadn't seen him with a face like ths before. It scared her. But in a good way.

"I just know." he said. "When I'm away, don't always look for Yoseob." she smiled inwardly at his obvious jealousy and worry. "Don't go anywhere alone. Always stay with ~~~~ or somebody else." She nodded obediently. 

He smiled but it fell almost immediately. "Also.. don't contact me when I'm gone."

She looked at him, surprised. "Why?"

"Just don't." he insisted without giving a reason. He wanted to come back one day and see if she had another guy in her heart. They never really dated. But there was always a vivid projection of mutual feelings amongst them. He wanted to see if one day he was to come back, how much would she miss him? Would she even miss him at all?

It actually hurt him to leave his home country because of some internal problem in his family but he was left with no choice. And it hurt even more to know that he would have to leave his friends and everybody else here-- including her of course.

But he wasn't going to let her know why he would not want her to contact him. At least not yet.

He pulled a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'll be back. I promise." he smirked. "Remember okay? Don't go to Yoseob. Always be with someone. Don't contact me."

She nodded.

"Don't cry." he looked at her with sincere eyes. He was so close that she thought he was going to kiss her but he didn't. He pulled away.

"Go in." he smiled with his hands behind his back.

She trudged slowly to her front door. She stepped inside her house and slowly closed the door. The door made a 'click' sound. It was closed.

She slumped down to the floor with her back against the door. She never thought she would cry for any GUY. And to think he even told her not to cry just a moment ago. Did she really not want him to go that badly? Did she really have feelings for him?

She blinked with tear filled eyes. "Feelings?.. For him?"

She bawled even harder. "Why do I only realize it the night before he's gone?"