Isn't This Real?

Angel and Devil of Love

You woke up the next morning feeling extremely awkward and self conscious. I mean, who wouldn't when there's this cute guy in your apartment with you all alone in your bedroom, fully awake with your breakfast ready and eagerly waiting for you to get up so he can smile and say

"Good morning!" ?

You felt your own forehead before letting it drop to your side lazily. "Feeling better?" he asked.

You nodded, feeling especially nervous. 

"We're a little behind time so... but, I made you breakfast." he handed you a plate and a fork and knife. You stared at the double eggs that formed a pair of eyes and the bacon and sausage plus a toast and butter. You looked at him. "How did you..?"

He shrugged. "I woke up early." "Hurry, eat it."

You took the fork and spoon carefuly and started eating as as mannerly as possible -- if that was even a word.

Your heart was beating a little too fast- you'd realized. Sometimes it made you feel like choking because you were eating but then.. it was the good kind of fast heart beat. It couldn't have been the fever... Since you actually felt a whole lot better compared to last night.

"It can't be..." you muttered to yourself with wide eyes. Kim Bum glanced at you. Thinking nothing was wrong he took out his music player and plugged in his earphones. He played a song and hummed softly to it. 

You didn't move. You were thinking too hard and you honestly didn't really have the appetite.

He did a double take and pulled out the left side of his earphone. "You okay?"

You looked at him, putting on one of your award-winning expressions that can fool anybody. "I'm fine." you smiled. But you had no idea how that single smile could make the rest of his day. Or the week, for that matter.

You pretended to continue to enjoy eating your food while he continued with his humming and listening to music. Your thoughts were busy though. You clenched the part of your chest that felt like someone had tied into a knot. It hurt. Like someone was wrenching it. 

You were sure you heard this somewhere before. From Min Young? From a book? From Dara? From 4minute? 

You thought of any possible source and it suddenly occured to you. Like how an old woman would suddenly remember something from her past no matter how old and how deteriorated your memory is.

Your mum. She told you about this before.. WARNED even. And yes, for a few years you really took it to heart, to the very deep core of your heart and even implemented your own rules on it. 

But lately, you've been falling away from all of that. People used to call you an ice princess, a devil that tramples on anyone's heart, be it innocent or guilty feeling no remorse. But now, you realized-- the slightest hurt that you cause others-- hurts you right back and you feel 100% guilty of them.

Did it even make sense? You have even forgotten how it all started. Your change.

Then again, you were already warned. That l-l-LOVE could change your life that much. 180 degrees of change. You wouldn't even notice it. Until some point when its already too late to turn back and all that's left is to move forward.

You guessed that means you weren't exactly a 'devil' anymore. But you definitely weren't an angel either. You were caught in between.

You stole a peek at Kim Bum who was staring out the windows at a bunch of kids who were playing together outside. You were suddenly curious about how his life is like. Besides at school of course.. did his parents treat him well? 

He caught you peeking and you blushed a light shade of pink.

"What? Is there something on my face?" he chuckled.

You shook your head and laughed along lightly. "I'm done." you declared, getting out of your bed. You walked to the kitchen and put it the plate into the sink. "Let's go to school."

He looked you up and down. "Your clothes?" he raised an eyebrow.

"UGH." you groaned and dragged your feet and possibly your whole body to your bedroom to change your clothes.