Worry

Of Angels and Demons

-Living room-

The boys were scattered around the room, which was filled with nervous tension. Looking around the room one would see the boys doing various things trying to keep their minds off their older brothers who were still unconscious. Eunhyuk and Donghae looked like they were asleep in the corner when they were actually talking to each other. Kibum and Siwon were reading on one of the couches with Kyuhyun who was playing a handheld of some sort. Sungmin and Ryeowook had decided that watching a comedy might help cheer them up some.

It wasn’t working as well as they had hoped. As much as they’re grandparents would have liked them to sleep, none of them have. Tiredness and the tension filled air were beginning to be too much for Ryeowook to handle. Even though he could feel the tension he didn’t see it as he looked around the room. He turned around in his spot on the floor “I can’t believe those two can sleep at a time like this” he said while pointing at the two in the corner. Sungmin explained that the two were in fact not asleep but were talking. That it was something they did, though more often when they were worried.

Ryeowook seemed to accept that fact then rounded on the three on the couch. “What’s your excuse? Why are you not freaking out about what happened to the others?! Why are you so calm?” “Wookie chill, it has only been a day and a half. I’m worried too, but they will be fine.” Siwon said trying to calm his brother down. “And Ryeowook you know that…” Kyuhyun started. “I can’t afford to freak out/lose control” Kibum and Kyuhyun said. Which shocked each other as well as everyone else, even the twins opened their eyes curious.

“Why…can’t you?” Kibum and Kyuhyun asked each other. The twins realizing that the two may be similar spoke for Kibum. “Because if he did we’d either lose power in the house, the electronics would go batty, or something might explode.” Siwon spoke for Kyu saying that it was pretty much the same for him. “You’re a technopath too?” Kibum asked Kyu, who just nodded. Then despite everything that had been going on they both smiled and said “Awesome!” as they hi-fived each other.

Siwon noticed that Sungmin was missing. He asked the twins and Kibum where he might be. “I think there is a pond in the back. He’s probably there if he isn’t in his room.” Kibum told him.  Siwon went out to talk to Sungmin after he convinced Ryeowook to go to his room and try to at least rest some.

Kibum was right, Siwon found Sungmin in the back skipping rocks (or so he thought.) As he got closer to Sungmin he realized that it wasn’t rocks that he was skipping but pieces of ice. “So…you control ice?” Siwon asked startling Sungmin. Sungmin nodded as Siwon apologized for startling him. “I think I remember something about that.” Siwon said.

“Hyung…do you think that what happened to our hyungs will happen to us?” Siwon asked. Sungmin chuckled a bit “You worry more than you show. Though I suppose that’s more for Ryeowook’s benefit, with him being an empath and all.” Siwon just nodded as Sungmin continued. “To answer your question, I’ve been thinking about that some too. No I don’t think the same thing will happen, though something similar may happen.” {Kangin and Shindong woke up!} Sungmin dropped the ice chunk that was in his hand and told Siwon what EunHae just told him.

The fact that Kangin and Shindong were awake did wonders to the atmosphere around the house; it was like a weight was lifted off of everyone’s shoulders as they knew the others were going to be fine.  Anticipation for the others to wake rose when Yesung woke just before dinner. The already sleep deprived boys wanted to stay up until Leeteuk, Heechul and Hangeng woke but went to bed after a very firm suggestion from Kangin and Shindong who didn’t want their dongsaengs to get sick from lack of sleep.

Everyone slept in the next morning. Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon and Ryeowook all woke up with headaches of varying degrees. None of them bad enough to make any of them pass out. Everyone was happily surprised when they walked into the dining room to see Leeteuk, Heechul and Hangeng sitting at the table. Seeing the state the five were in Leeteuk gave them some medicine for their headaches and made them all go back to bed to sleep them off.  After doing that he turned to the bookworm and gamer. “First off, can you two please not do that during breakfast?” Kibum and Kyuhyun looked up from their book and game both with a piece of toast in their mouths. “Sorry Teukie hyung” they said and put the book and game away. “It’s alright” he said, “How are you two feeling?”  “Fine” they both replied. He told them to make sure to let them know if that changes.