Chapter 50

Of Angels and Demons

Heechul stormed over to Kibum and Kyuhyun. “Why aren’t you using the girls’ wave?”

They blinked at him “We are.”

“Then what the hell was that on the roof?”

“We’ve been trying to get her to work with us on this but she won’t. So all of that on the roof was just trying to get her to tell us how wrong we were” Kyuhyun waved his arm.

“Then why was she telling Geng that she can’t tell you guys?”

“Because she knows that left alone with us we’d be able to convince her to work with us again.”

Kibum nodded “It’s not that she doesn’t want to because she does. It’s that she’s still punishing herself.”

“For the love of!” Heechul stormed off.

--

“Sen! Get out here now” He pounded on the door to their sisters’ room. The door was yanked open “What?!”

Heechul chuckled “Nice try pipsqueak, where’s your twin?”

Sai shrugged “Probably still in the shower trying to get pond scum out of her hair.”

Heechul scratched a hand through his hair “Thanks,” before heading to the movie room only to find Sen curled up on one of the couches and shivering despite the heavy blanket she has wrapped around her.

He lost most of his frustration seeing her like that. “Are you crying?”

Sen looked up at him and pulled the blanket tighter around her. “Does it look like I’m crying?” she shivered.

“Maybe on the inside” he frowned. “Shove over.” He picked her up when she didn’t listen “Hey!” and laid back down on the couch with her. “Just go to sleep, that’s what you were trying to do wasn’t it?”

Sen stopped struggling and nodded.

“You sleep and I’ll keep you warm.”

“Is that even possible when your heart is made of ice” she mumbled as her eyes started to droop.

Heechul ignored the jibe with a small smile on his face. Sen was slowly starting to sound like her old self again. (Sai) Heechul ground out through their mind link.

(Yes dear brother mine?)

(How often does she cry in her sleep?)

(Over all or recently?)

(Recently.)

(Every time.)

(Why?) Heechul felt her shrug (When she sleeps her mind lets go of all the pent of feelings until she wakes again.)

“Did you make her cry?” Heechul looked up to find Shindong and Siwon standing in front of the couch. He held a finger to his lips. “She’s sleeping and no I didn’t make her cry. Sai just said this happens every time she sleeps now because she’s still holding everything in.”

“May I?” Siwon held out a hand.

Heechul moved back as much as he could with Sen in his arms “Not while she’s sleeping.”

“But it might make things easier.”

He shook his head “I want her to be able to go to you and Teuk when she’s ready.”

“Come on” Shindong patted Siwon’s shoulder and they left the room.

--

“You shouldn’t have done that.” Kyuhyun and Kibum turned to find Sai perched on the desk in the library.

Kyuhyun sighed “Not you too.”

Kibum elbowed him in the side. “We know but we’re trying to help her as much as we are mom and we could really use both of your help on this thing.”

Sai rolled her eyes “Just for the confirmation: you’re not using Ryeowook’s wavelength, right?”

Kyuhyun shook his head “We were never going to use his and he was just in here lecturing us on how stupid it would have been to use his and that we shouldn’t have even mentioned it. Didn’t matter that we were trying to get a reaction out of Sen or not. We shouldn’t have even thought about it. And Heechul was in here before him.

“She’ll come around. Just don’t try that again, yeah?”

Kyuhyun and Kibum both nodded.

“So what’cha got so far?” Sai hopped off the table to see what they were working on.

--

Sen jolted awake when she no longer felt Heechul’s presence. She fought to get off the couch when strong arms pulled her back.

“You’re safe” a voice muttered in her hear. They hated putting it that way but they knew of her current fear of being held or touched by Leeteuk and Siwon. She turned her head to either side, seeing that it was Kangin who was holding her and Eunhyuk was next to them.

“I’m sorry.” She turned and buried her face in Kangin’s chest.

“We know you can’t help it. We also know that you’re trying.” Eunhyuk ran a soothing hand down her back.

Her head shot up and she stared at them with tired eyes. “What day is it?”

“Sunday, why?”

She groaned and scrubbed her face with her hand. “I have a make up for the final that I slept through last week. The one that one of you let my teacher know that I was sick.” She sighed, standing up. “I need to go study.”

The two shared a look before turning back to her “You actually study?”

“I’m 15, of course I study.” She shook her head as she left to go to the library to see if their grandparents had anything she could use.

--

One thing she loved about the family library was the exposed rafters that only she and a handful of the family liked to use as a sitting space. At the moment she was using them as a hiding spot.

She watched as Donghae and Henry ran into the room. “Where’d she go?”

“Hyuk said she was going to be here.”

Leeteuk glanced up upon entering the library, he didn’t care for sitting in the rafters himself but he knew which family members did. “What are you two doing?”

“Looking for Sen.”

“Why?”

“We were hoping she’d come out and play soccer with us.”

Leeteuk crossed his arms “Well wherever she is she’s studying for her make up tomorrow, so you’ll need to leave her alone for now.”

“Sen studies?”

“I know right.” Henry nudged Donghae as they left the room.

She managed a small smile of thanks before Leeteuk nodded and left her alone as well.