Chapter 10

Of Angels and Demons

They woke up in a poorly lit cell. “Itai” Sai said holder her head as she sat up. She looked over to her twin, “So any idea where we are?” Sen shook her head, an act she regretted immediately. “Your guess is as good as mine” she said. The two didn’t say any more as they took in their surroundings.

From their positions on the floor they saw a door on the wall in front of them, the next wall was blank. There were two beds along the wall that was directly across from the door. They noticed that the room was actually bigger than they had thought as their gaze came to the fourth “wall” that wasn’t really a wall but bars that split the large rectangular room in half. Looking into the other room they saw that it was set up the same as theirs except there was no one in it.

Since there wasn’t anything they could do right away, they drifted back to sleep with the hope that their heads wouldn’t hurt so much when they next woke. One could tell that they were in a fairly deep sleep as they were not bothered by all the commotion when the other door was slammed open as a boy was shoved into the room.

-A few of the brothers woke with an eerie feeling that something had happened, though since they couldn’t figure out why, they tried to shake the feeling as they got ready for the day-

The girls woke in a state of panic and were unaware of their neighbor who was sleeping on the other side. Even though they knew in the back of their minds that no help would come they started calling out and pounding on the door. The noise woke the sleeping boy. The girls jumped when he spoke, “you know some people are trying to sleep.” They calmed down and apologized for waking him. They were about to introduce themselves when the other door suddenly opened as another boy appeared in the room.

“Dude, what took so long? They pulled us from the room at the same time!” the first boy said, as the second just smiled as he limped over to his bed. He winced some as he sat on the bed but the smile never left his face. “What did you do this time?” the first boy asked. The second just shook his head as he said “You don’t want to know.” The first boy went back to his bed to sleep some more. When the second noticed the twins, he stood to walk to the bars while extending a hand. “Hi, I’m Zhou Mi” he said with a smile. Then he motioned to the sleeping boy “not sure if he introduced himself, that’s Henry he doesn’t speak much.”

Sen introduced them as they shook his hand. Zhou Mi noticed that Sai’s eyes were a bright blue while Sen’s were amethyst. Curious he commented on their eyes. The twins just blinked at him and said “they tend to do that.” “Do what?” he asked. “Change colors” they replied. Sen then went on explaining how her eyes ranged from black, grays, and various shades of purple, while Sai’s eyes ranged from black, grays, and various shades of blue. Also that it was very rare when it happened but they’ve both had brown eyes. “Is there a reason why they change? Like your moods or something?” he asked the two. “No, there isn’t any particular reason why they change. They just change on their own, or we can force a change when we’re bored, though we hardly ever do that.” Sai explained.

Sen asked Zhou Mi where they were and what the place was. “Well for starters we’re not even sure if this place has a name or not. If it has one the humans or people who run it won’t tell us.” He said. “What do you mean by humans?” Sai asked. “In this world you know that there are Angels, Demons and humans right?” The twins nodded as he paused. “Angels and Demons have powers while humans don’t. Humans have greed, some more so than others, and those with the more are the ones who want the most control in the world. A few of them are the ones behind this ‘oh so wonderful place’.” He said the last part with a sneer before he continued on.

“That’s where we angels and demons come in; they bleed us, take our blood and use it to give themselves powers. That is what this place is. See those band aids on your hands?” the twins were a bit shocked as they had not noticed their bandaged hands. “That’s the test spot, they probably did it while you were still unconscious.” He said.

“Test for what?” Sen asked. “To see if you’re an Angel or Demon or both. They used to just use the blood of an angel or the blood of a demon but then some ‘genius’ decided to try mixing the two together and found out that it gives stronger powers than the two types alone. That is why Henry had said that they pulled us at the same time. Because I’m a Demon and Henry is an Angel. Though it’s hard to tell what the two of you are, you’re probably mixed.” He said.

Zhou Mi thought for a bit then asked who their parents were. They explained that they were orphans. Zhou Mi nodded in understanding and talked for a bit more explaining how it was harder to use powers in certain rooms because dampening spells. They decided to retire for the night. But the girls were taken from the room shortly after.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Two more characters have been introduced! ^^

I hope everyone liked the new chapter. I am currently working on the next chapter and am hoping to have it finished so I can post it tomorrow. If not then I will try to get it posted within the next few days.