Chapter 48

Of Angels and Demons

Kyuhyun sat across from Sen in the library. “Sleep.”

Sen raised a sleepy eyebrow at him. “Are you going to be my baby sitter now?”

Kyuhyun shook his head “You don’t need one. My midterms are done for the day so I’m gonna sit here and make sure no one bothers you. If I left you alone you’d probably start working on stuff again. Now sleep.”

Sen rolled her eyes “I was sleeping when Kibum found me earlier.” She rested her chin on her arms. “So what if Heechul decides he wants to talk right now?”

Kyuhyun smirked “He’ll have to wait. Don’t worry about it and sleep.”

“Fine, fine” she closed her eyes.

Kangin was the first to join them and the rest of the siblings trickled in throughout the afternoon. Leeteuk sent Ryeowook home with Zhou Mi and Henry, promising to fill them in on anything that might be discussed.

 “Mom’s been dealing with her stuff for a long time she can handle it a bit longer. Our first priority is Sen” Leeteuk started once everyone was gathered around the tables they’d pushed together in the library.

Siwon looked to Kyuhyun, “How’s she been?”

Kyuhyun shrugged “She’s been asleep since after lunch. Almost woke a couple of times because of an energy shift. Which I felt a little of. Probably due to the fact that she’s beyond exhausted.”

“The shift had to have been mom right?” Donghae started thinking out loud. “If both mom and Sen are that bad then why would you send Wookie back home!”

“Because the only time Wook feels negative or overwhelming energy from mom is when she’s dreaming” Kyuhyun started to explain. Sai dropped her head into her hands with a groan. “That is not at all surprising and we should’ve figured that!” She mumbled frustrated.

“Care to share?” Shindong asked with an amused look on his face. She just waved a hand and kept silent.

“She just realized something. Anyways Teuk probably sent Wook home because it’s not good for him to be around Sen a whole lot right now” Kibum finished.

“So how do we help Sen?” Yesung spoke up.

“She’s going to have to leave herself open and let go of everything she’s been holding. Which means that any of us who can are going to have be blockers for her” Leeteuk explained.

The siblings nodded and started packing up to head home. Kangin motioned for Hangeng to help put Sen on his back so he could carry her. She jolted away the moment her head rested on his shoulder and he and Hangeng held her in place so she wouldn’t get hurt. “Hey now” Hangeng worked to calm her down. “Its not Leeteuk or Siwon. Just relax and let Kangin carry you home.”

She nodded and wrapped her arms around Kangin’s shoulders. She started to cry from relief at the fact that it wasn’t either of the healers that were carrying her and she started whispering apologies. It broke Kangin’s heart to hear his sister like this.

--

“Anyone seen Sen?” Eunhyuk stood in the doorway of the movie room.

“Should be in her room sleeping” Shindong answered. “She’s not there. She’s not in the kitchen, library, office, or loft and obviously not in here.”

“Check the roof?” Henry asked.

Hyuk shook his head “Not there either.”

“She’s beating herself up” Sungmin was standing at the window.

“What” Everyone in the room gathered by the window as she turned the corner of the house.

 “How long has she been running out there?” Donghae asked.

Sungmin shrugged.

“Someone needs to stop her” Yesung watched on as she passed below the window again.

“No way… look!” Ryeowook threw open the window after seeing Heechul trailing their sister. “What are you doing Hyung?”

 Heechul paused and looked up. “Making sure she doesn’t kill herself.”

Kibum pushed his way to the window “She’s going to kill you too if you don’t stop her.”

“Ha, ha.”

Everyone felt a chill behind them. “What are you guys doing?”

“Sen!” Everyone turned around to Sen standing in the doorway drying her hair with a towel. “What’s going on?”

The guys all pointed to the window and made a path for her. She poked her head out and looked back at them “I don’t get it.”

“Yah!” She turned back to Heechul “What are you doing up there?”

“What are you doing out there?” she questioned back. She saw movement out of the corner of her eye “Oh.” The guys looked back out the window trying not to crowd her. “Chul?” Everyone at the window watched as the other twin came to a stop next to Heechul. Sen burst out laughing after putting two and two together.

 “Yah!”

She sobered up pretty quick at that. “What do you mean Yah!? I should be furious at all of you for thinking what you were thinking. But that would take a lot of energy that I don’t have at the moment.”

Sai hit Heechul in the shoulder “You really thought she’s been running this entire time?”

The guys all nodded.

“She ran her laps earlier.”

 Henry turned to Sen “So you weren’t punishing yourself?”

“No, just needed to run for a while” she shrugged.

“So where have you been this entire time, Hyuk couldn’t find you anywhere” Donghae asked.

Sen crossed her arms and fought the urge to roll her eyes “One: If neither of us wants to be found, you aren’t going to find us. Two: I’ve been in the shower for the last half hour, if you must know.” (Why don’t you two finish up and shower.) Sen made her way to the couch, sitting on the far end.

Leeteuk’s fingers twitched at how wet her hair still looked. Sungmin picked up on it and sat next to Sen pointing to the towel “May I?” She looked confused for a second before nodding okay. Sungmin took the towel from her and started to dry her hair some more. Everyone else settled back down on the floor and couch. By the time he was done, Sen was so relaxed she was just about to doze off. She thanked him and moved to sit between Shindong and Kangin before finally dozing off.

Sai walked in with a towel wrapped around her head and took the seat next to Sungmin. “Smart choice” she said loud enough for Sungmin to hear.

He leaned closer to her “Their elements?” Sai nodded.

(Did you know that one of Sungmin’s hands is really cold and the other is warm? …It’s weird. …He’s also really good at drying hair…) Sai burst into a fit of giggles as her head whipped in the direction of her twin. She silently promised Sungmin to fill him in later and refused to tell any of the others what just happened.