Chapter 6

Of Angels and Demons

Introductions were made once everyone had made it to the dining room. Leeteuk and HanChul had decided that it might be best to have everyone sit in order by ages. So with their grandparents sitting at either end of the table, on one side the order went Leeteuk, Heechul, Hangeng, Yesung, Kangin, and Shindong, with Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kibum, and Kyuhyun on the other side.

There wasn’t much talk amongst the boys during dinner. Most of the talking came from the grandparents asking their grandsons questions trying to keep a slightly awkward silence at bay. The most recent try at keeping the conversations flowing was dying down as Kyuhyun directed a question towards the grandfathers on how they had heard about their most recent expulsion so fast. This question went unanswered but broke the ice between the brothers as multiple conversations filled the air. They had found a common topic and were talking animatedly trading stories about past expulsions and other things.

Dinner was slowly coming to an end when EunHae had pulled themselves from the conversations and were silently talking to each other while stealing glances at HanChul (who sat across from them) because Donghae had noticed something different about them from the others and he had to point it out to his twin. The glances didn’t go unnoticed as Heechul was slowly starting to get annoyed while his twin chose to ignore it and was trying to get Heechul to ignore it too. Heechul couldn’t take it any more. He took a sip of his drink and casually asked {could you please stop staring at us and ask what you are wanting to ask.} The younger twins’ heads quickly turned to see Heechul looking right at them. They were not quite sure why they were shocked as they were kind of expecting it, though they were quite excited once the initial shock wore off. They quickly bowed their heads in apology as they said {we’re sorry for staring!} Hangeng took notice of the interaction between his twin and the younger two. He nodded to them as he said {I’m glad to see that we aren’t the only ones who can talk like this.}

---

When everyone was done eating the grandparents excused themselves so that the boys could talk alone. But the older boys invited them back to have dessert with them and asked them to stay in case they needed help with explaining. Once the ice cream had been doled out and everyone was settled in their seats, conversations started back up. Leeteuk and the elder twins were a bit hesitant on how they would break the news to their younger brothers.

Ryeowook noticed the change in Heechul and Hangeng and got a bit worried since the two were rarely hesitant about anything. He wasn’t sure what to say so he told Kyuhyun and evidently Kibum since Kyu was sitting on the other side of him. Kyuhyun just nodded to Ryeowook before he spoke. “Heechul, Hangeng hyung, is there something you want to tell us?” The three oldest looked at Kyuhyun in shock. The twins quickly explained to Leeteuk about Ryeowook and the fact that he most likely said something to Kyu.

The three sighed. “Well we might as well...” Leeteuk said. “No point putting it off any longer” Heechul added, as the three slowly stood from their seats. The seven younger brothers were slightly confused as they had no idea what they were talking so cryptically about, while Yesung, Kangin, and Shindong were trying to keep their faces blank. “Well” Heechul started. “Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Kibum” Hangeng said. “And Siwon, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun” Leeteuk continued. The revelation was taking to long that Yesung, Kangin, and Shindong jumped from their seats and said “we’re brothers! All 13 of us are blood related brothers!” “Bwoh!” was all the shocked seven could say.

Now that the ‘Hard’ part of telling that fact was over the six older boys along with the help of their grandparents explained the separation the best that they could. Which made sense to the younger boys as it explained why they had both demon and angel grandparents while they themselves were supposedly only angel or demon. It also explained why they had no recollection of each other.

The older boys were starting to tire and felt a bit dizzy but they continued on sharing the memories that they could remember with the others. The Grandparents were starting to worry about the six and decided that it would be a good time for everyone to go to bed. As everyone started to get up, Leeteuk, Heechul and Hangeng suddenly dropped to the floor passed out. With a shout of worry everyone rushed to their side as Yesung mentioned something about his head hurting right before he, Kangin and Shindong dropped as well. As no one knew what they should do. The grandfathers took charge asking them to bring the boys to their rooms and not to worry because they would be fine.

The angel grandfather was a sleeper. Even though the six were already unconscious, he went to all of them to make sure they were in a state of safe sleep so their minds wouldn’t harm them as they were gaining their memories and other halves back.