You said mom

Of Angels and Demons

Its midterm week and everyone is meeting in the courtyard for lunch, as usual. Kangin walks out with his lunch and sits on the ground next to Zhou Mi. “Any chance you know where Sen is?” Zhou Mi shakes his head.

“Why not ask us?” Heechul gestures to his twin and the other pair “And what about Sai?”

“Ran into her in the lunch room, should be out shortly. And I didn’t ask you because if you haven’t noticed she’s been actively avoiding the four of you, Siwon, Leeteuk and Ryeowook. Anyone who can get a proper read on her if they were close enough or by touch.”

“Oh we know” Donghae spoke up “She’s not just avoiding she’s blocking us as well” he tapped his head.

“It’s kind of weird because unlike Sen, Sai hasn’t been avoiding us but she has been blocking” Eunhyuk chimed in.

“You know you could always just ask” Sai said as she nearly collapsed next to Siwon.

“Do you know where Sen is?” Siwon asked softly.

She glanced around “Do you know where Kibum is?” She countered.

“The library” Kyu answered not looking up from his game.

Sai nodded “There’s your answer.”

--

Normally Kibum would bury himself in a book in some corner of the library. That was not what this trip to the library was for. No this time he was checking up on his sister who seems to have distanced herself from nearly half of their family members. He found her asleep at her table and took the liberty of looking at some of the papers she had laid out in front of her. Sensing his presence across from her, Sen peaked an eye open before stretching in her seat.

“Are you sure you’re getting enough sleep?” Kibum asked concern in his voice.

“Never said I was” she countered. “Besides Sai’s the one you should be worrying about, she’s the one with the most sleepless nights under her belt.”

“No. She’ll be fine” he was still reading over the papers “She at least still goes to Leeteuk and Siwon like you should be doing.” He gave the papers back to her. “That’s a lot of work. I’m sure there’s even more to it than that. Are your midterms going to be okay?”

She yawned, “Should be and if they aren’t it’s not like I won’t be able to make up for the points lost.”

“Okay then” he pointed to the papers before crossing his arms “Why?”

“Why… what?” If he wanted to know she wasn’t going to tell him unless he asked right out. She laid her head back down on crossed arms.

“Why haven’t you told us about this? Why are you shouldering everything on your own?”

Her eyes moved to his “Don’t forget Sai’s helping her too, I’m not doing all the work.”

“No but you’re bearing the brunt of it, answer the first question. Why haven’t you told us about mom?”

 She sighed but refrained from rolling her eyes. “Because it’s mom’s thing and in a strange way we don’t have the right to say unless you ask or-”

“Or it’s to the point where you can’t handle it on your own anymore.”

“I told Sai that you guys knew something was wrong with mom and if you asked to let you know. The questions don’t have to be direct for her; it’s not how she works.”

“Unlike you?”

Sen nodded. She started to crack her fingers and continued pressing on them even after they were cracked.

“What’s wrong?”

“Other than everything at the moment?” Sen joked slightly.

Kibum got up and moved to her side, crouching next to her “What is it?”

“Honestly?” He nodded. “I’m scared. You saw some of that stuff” she motioned towards the papers “The only way to really help mom is to enter her nightmares…”

Kibum took her hands “All you had to do is ask for help, there are at least three others that are able to go in as well. You wouldn’t have to go it alone. You’re only fourteen, our family, the world, doesn’t expect you to solve everyone’s problems on your own. Plus thirteen years of bad mojo. There is no way you’re doing this alone.”

Sen smiled weakly and nodded.

 “Lets go meet the others, there’s still a bit of lunch left.” They stood, gathering her things. Kibum nudged her “You said mom” he smirked.

“Don’t you dare tell the others” she glared.

“Wouldn’t dream of it” he said ruffling her hair.    

 

 


Once again

I hope ya'll enjoyed these 

Until next time

- Fayt ^^