Souls

Of Angels and Demons

 

 

Ignoring everyone’s requests to get more rest, Sen shut herself in the library with her and Kibum’s laptops. She never once left the room other than to use the bathroom.

The others would enter occasionally to see her fingers fly over the keyboards. They tried not to be too distracting when they inquired how the search was going as they left food for her. Each time she would give a small nod in thanks along with a short reply all the while her purple gaze never left the computer screens. This went on for two days before she emerged from the room with a file in hand.

She looked past ready to pass out as she crawled onto not Siwon’s but Leeteuk’s lap. This choice in itself piqued everyone’s curiosity as she more often than not would sit with Siwon rather than the other healer unless she had something really important to discuss or the rare occasion that she just wanted to sit with the eldest brother.

She hugged the file to her chest and Leeteuk wrapped his arms around her waist as her eyes slowly slid to barely visible slits. “Go ahead and sleep” he murmured in her ear as he started to sway slightly. Sen adamantly shook her head “Can’t yet, important stuff to share” she turned slightly and opened her eyes just enough to glare at him “Sto—p that” she yawned and he stilled.

“So what did you find?” Kyuhyun asked a bit impatient.

She shook her head “Later, this is more important”

“What could be more important than the information you spent two days looking for that Kibum and I didn’t dig up when we were gathering information!” he grumbled.

“You souls” Sai nearly whispered as she caught on to the jumbled thoughts in her twin’s head. Everyone started talking at once. All it took was a look from Leeteuk for everyone to be quiet again. “Remember the first night the girls were conscious?” The brothers nodded “Well when Geng and I were putting Sen back to bed she mentioned something about us not being whole yet. Though she didn’t explain. Sai said she would when the time was right.”

“I’m not sure if they knew when they split everyone up to go into hiding but the process our parents used basically split your souls in half. Which is what I mean when I say void. Ever since I could remember, I’ve known that there’s always been pieces of you missing. I noticed a change the night Eunhyuk, Hangeng, Donghae and Heechul called us, together on our birthday.”

“Wait you could tell just from talking to them?” Henry questioned a bit awed at the new information about his cousins. The girls nodded “Yup, Sen could even tell from their dreams.” “That’s… a little weird” Donghae said. “As if I could control it!” Sen snapped. “So anyways…” Kangin interrupted before a fight of any kind could escalate.

“Yeah. Anyways, I noticed when you brought us here that the void had grown even smaller but you weren’t quite whole yet. I have no idea what is left. But unfortunately there is still a tiny bit missing.” That being said Sen handed the folder to her twin before she fell into a deep sleep still in Leeteuk’s lap.

No one took notice when Sai dropped the file as if it were on fire. “So when mom and dad hid our Angel or Demon halves they also split our souls…” Sungmin stated thinking. “However we’ve found each other again. Awakened our other halves. Re-gained all of our memories and found our sisters who by the way we didn’t even know about before the separation. What else could be missing?”

“Closure” everyone was deep in thought that they didn’t hear Henry speak. Except for Kibum whose head whipped to Henry’s direction. “What?” This caught everyone’s attention.

“Closure, you guys haven’t found out what happened to your parents yet.”

“He’s got a point” Shindong said and the others nodded “What do you think Sai?” They all turned to the youngest sibling, none of them at all ready for what they saw. Not that it was a sight any of them ever expected to see.

Sai Sat there blue eyes wide and glowing. While was open in silent terror.

Eunhyuk: the first to act, rushed to her side and immediately pulled her into his embrace. Sai was knocked back to reality the second Hyuk touched her. Her mind working overtime as it rushed to block out and hid everything she just saw from the brother who was holding her and whispering frantically in her ear trying to calm her down as she sobbed quietly into his shoulder as well as the other three who might tap into her mind in hopes of finding out what caused her to look so frightened.

Despite her current state she was fully aware of everyone’s movements in the room. So when Kyuhyun moved to pick up the abandoned file she immediately pulled herself from Eunhyuk’s hold, shouting NO! as she snatched the file out from under Kyu’s finger tips and hugged it to her chest. Everyone watched the two, shocked once again by what just happened.

Sai’s shout caused her twin to wake. Sen’s eyes opened in time to see Sai drop to the floor and curl up around the file when Kyu tried to take it from her. Her skin was buzzing with a kind of energy that only occurred when Sai had a massive vision. So it didn’t take her long to assess the current situation. She climbed out of Leeteuk’s lap and made her way to the two.

Her movement caught Kyu’s as well as everyone’s attention. She met gaze with Kyuhyun and he backed off, briefly wondering how she could say so much with just one look.

Sen knelt down and laid a hand on Sai’ back. “It’s okay, they need to know.”

Sai violently shook her head “It’s too horrible.”

This made the elder twin sigh “I promise you that the details to whatever extent you saw are not in the file.”

Sai looked up “You swear?” Sen held her pinky out in response and nodded. Sai then linked their fingers. The guys smiled at the precious moment between the sisters.

“I don’t want to be down here anymore when they read it” The younger said softly. Sen nodded in understanding and went to get up only to find she didn’t have the strength to anymore.

Leeteuk took notice and motioned for Eunhyuk to help him. They each gathered one of the girls into their arms and then teleported to their room to put them to bed. It wasn’t long before they returned to the rest, file in hand. 

 




 

 

Heya ^^

I'm hoping this holds ya'll over for a bit as I no longer have any chapters in reserve. I'm currently working on one for another fic but I hope to get more chapters going for this one over the weekend. Did you know 16 is my favorite number? It was my number when I played soccer. So welcome to the 16th subscriber ^^ I hope you and everyone else are enjoying the story so far.

Until next time

- Fayt