Some talk, huh?

Of Angels and Demons

 

They didn’t talk until about a week after Sen and Eunhyuk worried their mother with the explosions. Which isn’t really all that surprising since its Sen and all. And the only reason why they’re talking is because everyone else left, forcing them to be the only one’s at home (aside from Sai of course.)

They were all gone when Sen woke up. They were even nice enough to leave a note on the dining room table. Rolling her eyes, she started to make herself a sandwich. Lynn walked in to find her not sitting at the table but on the counter in the kitchen. Legs swinging, enjoying her late breakfast. To their credit neither paused in what they were doing. Sen’s eyes followed Lynn as she moved around the kitchen preparing a pot of coffee. She cleared gaining her mother’s attention.

“Aren’t you going to tell me to get off the counter or something?”

She hasn’t been quite sure what to make of this woman who is their mother. She’s not so much upset that they were virtually left on their own for fourteen years. However she is still a bit bitter about what they put Sai through with the visions. She is a bit surprised that she hasn’t tried to force feed the fact that she is their mother and that they have to listen to her down their throats in the few days that they’ve been reunited.

Lynn shook her head slightly “The boys used to do that all the time.”

“They still do” Sen muttered lowering her head hiding the small grin on her face.

“So…”

“So” Sen replied. They held gazes not saying anything. “You know they’re watching right?”

Lynn’s look turned questioning and Sen sighed shaking her head.

“I know Sai is here but I’m a little surprised they all left. But they didn’t know how I would act around you today. Not that I would, but for all they know I could flip out and attack you.” Sen hopped down and started washing the few dishes she used. “They are definitely watching or at least listening in… I know there are things you want to talk about and if you don’t start soon I’ve no doubt that Heechul will storm in here via Leeteuk or Hangeng… most likely Hangeng” she finished turning to lean against the counter arms crossed.

Lynn wasn’t sure where to start. She was surprised that Sen had spoken as much as she had so far as she had yet to hear more than a few words here and there when she was in the room let alone spoken directly to her. “You’re so grown up for your age. Sai as well” her voice to a sorrowful tone.

Sen’s head whipped up as she studied Lynn’s eyes “Don’t you dare start crying. The second you do, I’m out of here.”

(SEN!) The girl huffed and nearly lifted her hands to her ears.

 “Do you ha-”

“Hate you? No. Something you did? Yes. Will I tell you what? No. Will you ever be forgiven for it? Yeah.”

(SEN!) Her eyes started darkening and Lynn ran to her side. “May I?”She lifted her hands to Sen’s head before she even consented. She spoke to the others through Sen, telling them to calm down and chasing the darkness back at the same time. “I’m sorry I’m not doing this mother thing very well.”

 Sen’s eyes widened and she moved away from Lynn “Kangin” she called weakly. Everyone was surprised she didn’t call for one of the twins. Even so Leeteuk brought Kangin back before returning to the others. She ran into his arms the moment she saw him.

 “Hey, hey it’s okay” he murmured rubbing her back. “Why don’t we go sit in the living room?”

Lynn remained silent as she followed the two to the other room. Kangin looked at their mother calmly “She probably won’t talk for a while now.” Sen was curled up in his lap, silent as she stared as his shirt.

“I just want her to accept me as their mother.”

“They d-”

 Lynn shook her head “Sai might but Sen only tolerates me.”

It was Kangin’s turn to shake his head “It may be a while before she does so in your presence but she has acknowledged you are their mother. She’s young she’s still a teen. She doesn’t act like one all the time so it’s easy to forget sometimes. You and dad really did a number on them that week leading up to us taking down the facility. It’s probably going to take some time before she fully opens up to you.”

“But Sai…”

“I’m a bit more forgiving than Sen” she giggled from the hallway.

“Only a little” Sen muttered and Kangin chuckled.

“I’m so-”

Sen groaned “No apologies, Lynn, just space.” She glanced at her “You shouldn’t have done that…” she managed before her eyes closed.

Sai studied their mother for a bit but didn’t find any trace of what her twin may have seen. “She’ll open up more eventually.”

“Was she like this when she met everyone else?”

 Sai shook her head “Those were all under different situations. Like we’ve kind of always known about our brothers and we’ve talked with the other twins for years before we actually met. And the grandparents… well you know how our grandmothers are.”

 Lynn chuckled “I do, I do.”     

 



 

Hope ya'll enjoyed the new chapters ^^

Until next time

- Fayt