What exactly happened to the toast?

Of Angels and Demons

 

When Sen woke the next morning, she was alone in her room. She felt well rested yet unwell. She laid a hand on her chest. She knew she wasn’t sick but her heart was beating rapidly. It wasn’t anything new as it’s happened before. Yesterday wasn’t the first time she’s past out from overuse of her powers.

--

“There she is!” everyone watched as Sen walked into the dining room. “Why don’t you join us” Leeteuk spoke.

Sen stayed quiet and shook her head before continuing on her way to Eunhyuk, resting a hand on Siwon’s shoulder as she spoke to the other. Siwon watched the two out of the corner of his eye and Eunhyuk nodded and stood.

“Hyuk, you didn’t finish your breakfast. Sen are you sure you’re not hungry?” The Angel grandmother asked.

Eunhyuk smiled “I’ll eat more at lunch.”

 “I’m fine” Sen replied knowing she wouldn’t really be able to hold anything down in her current state. Sai, without looking up flung a piece of toast at her twin who caught it of course. (For after)

“Sai!”

She lifted her head, eyes wide “What?” The adults just shook their heads. “She would’ve taken one off your plate anyway.”

After waiting a few minutes, Lynn made to leave but her father stopped her with a hand on her arm “I know you’re worried but you need to learn to have a little faith in your kids and try not to push. They’ll be fine.” He smiled reassuringly and she sat back down only to jump back up as an explosion outside shook the house. Within the next second Donghae was standing in front of her preventing her from running to their aid.

“Move”

He shook his head “They’re fine.”

Their mother seemed eerily calm her only tell were her eyes. “No one could be fine after that.”

 Donhae looked to the others and Sungmin stepped next to him “Of any of us in this room, Donghae and Sai are the only two who would know for certain. And here Donghae is standing right in front of you telling you they’re fine. What was it Granddad just got done telling you? Have a little faith.” Everyone nodded and she fell back into her seat.

“Besides that was probably the piece of toast” Shindong chuckled causing their mother to spin around eyes wide. Heechul decked him on his head and there was a second explosion. This time some of the brothers were holding their mom in place until Donghae or Sai could report on their twins.

“Let me go!” Her calm demeanor from before having disappeared. Even the grandparents were starting to look a bit uneasy.

“They’re fine” Sai let everyone know “Hyuk says they’re coming back in.”

The boys let their mother go and she walked out of the dining room heading for the back hall. She rounded the first corner and there they were, laughing away as Eunhyuk carried Sen on his back. Sen got down when Lynn stopped in front of them and she might have been leaning on her brother a little as she stood next to him.

“Don’t do that again” Lynn demanded as she pulled them both into an embrace.

“It’s not like I purposely try to over use my powers” Sen muttered.

Lynn took her by the shoulders “That’s what that was about?”

Sen looked above her shoulder at everyone who had gathered in the hall. “I’m surprised Siwon didn’t say anything, she did touch his shoulder after all” Sai offered and Sen glared at her (Explain all of my actions why don’t you?) “If it’s all the same to you I’d like to go back to bed or watch a movie…” she looked off to the side.

The boys all shared looks “Movie!” None of them could remember the last time they all watched one together. “Is it alright if mom joins us?” Ryeowook checked with Sen who looked like her legs wouldn’t support her for much longer.

“Not like I could stop her.”

 “Sen!”

She leans into Eunhyuk’s side even more (I’m trying to be civil and I’m getting yelled at) she confides to him and he chuckles. “Let’s get you to one of the couches” he replies so everyone can hear, promptly ignoring the grandparents for the time being. The grandparents go off to do their own things and everyone else follows the two to the movie room.

Siwon beats the two to the couch and Sen curls up in his lap while Eunhyuk sits on one side and Zhou Mi joins them on the other. Everyone else found spot nearby or on the other couch. Yesung picks Premium Rush and puts it in the player.

“So… Sen” Shindong started from the other couch.

“Yeah?”

“What happened to the toast?” Everyone’s attention is once again on Sen and they watch as a playful smirk slowly spreads across her lips. “Well you know that first explosion?” They all nodded eyes wide. “No way!” Shindong had just been joking earlier. Sen waited a bit before she slowly started to shake her head receiving a collective ‘Aw…’

“It was actually the second one” she deadpanned. Everyone aside from Eunhyuk looked at her in shock and Hangeng rested a calming hand on his mother’s arm.

“The movie’s starting” Yesung pressed play, movie everyone’s attention back to the screen.

 After the movie Lynn turned to Sen with a few questions on her mind but she paused when she saw her asleep in Siwon’s lap. (We can talk later. It’ll help if I’m there too… then again it might be better if all of the siblings were there) Sai suggested and Lynn nodded.

“Come on kiddo.” Siwon shook Sen awake “Let’s get you some food and then it’s off to bed with you.” Sen’s eyes opened slowly and scanned the room until they landed on Lynn. She nodded as if she knew what she had been thinking and what her twin had said to her before she stood with Siwon and they made their way to the kitchen.           

 



 

Heya ^^

Apologies about the month+ wait. I've been trying to figure out which direction this story is going. It's a bit shaky but I've kinda got it figured out for the time being. Sorry if things end up a bit more Sen focused for a bit (it's kind of Sen/Lynn focused). If you don't like that. I'm not trying to do it purposely its just how things are working out atm. I am aware of it obviously and am trying to work away from/around it. Double update tonight! There is another chapter in the works but I don't think it'll be done to go up tonight. 

- Fayt