Meeting

Of Angels and Demons

Their grandparents found out about their most recent expulsions and decided that it was a good time to bring the brothers together again. Their house was big enough to hold all of them and more. The brothers will finally be living together under the same roof again, as well as attending the same school.

Both groups were just hanging out at their apartments the day after their most recent expulsions, when Leeteuk and Hangeng received a call. “Hello?” they answered. “Hi dear it’s grandma.” Hearing that the two boys grimaced, it was one thing to receive a call from one of the grandparents but was generally never a good thing when they called the day after they’ve just been expelled from yet another school. After some denial, lots of explanations, exclamations, apologies, and acceptations (as if they really had a choice in the matter,) the two said their goodbyes to their grandmothers.  After thinking for a bit on how to tell the others that they’re moving in with their grandparents, the two gathered their brothers and told them the news. “Start packing, we’re moving.” There were a few complaints, though once they knew that it was a ‘request’ from all the grandparents they realized they really had no choice and went to start packing, some of them grumbling on the way.  

There was one more tidbit of information that Leeteuk and Hangeng only shared with Yesung, Kangin, and Shindong by text message (Heechul already knew from listening in on Hangeng’s conversation with their grandmother.) They were going to be reunited with their brothers, though they were not to tell the younger ones. They would explain the situation to them after everything was settled. They left for the grandparents’ house with mixed feelings.

The first group to arrive was the demon brothers. Heechul passed his bags to his twin and went to talk to their grandfathers about a room that the six eldest could talk for a bit, while their grandmothers showed the others to their rooms.  Heechul sent a message to Hangeng about which room they were to use and for him to bring Kangin while they wait for the others to show up.

The second group arrived about half an hour after the first. Once everyone had been showed to their rooms, Leeteuk, Yesung, and Shindong were brought to the room where the other three were waiting.

----

When they entered the room they saw the others who were sitting on one of the couches that had been arranged in a half circle facing a wall that had a screen hanging on it. The others’ conversation stopped as soon as the three had walked in. The silence grew as they stared at each other as if they were trying to remember something about the other brothers that they

were looking at or were not quite sure what to say after so many years of being separated. Finally the ‘ice’ was broken by Kangin who suddenly jumped up from his seat calling “Hyung!” as he ran over to give Leeteuk a hug as well as Yesung and Shindong. He was soon followed by the twins. After all the hugs and tears the six settled back on the couches to talk. They started by catching each other up with most of what they missed over the years. When a maid had come in to let them know that dinner would be ready shortly, they turned their discussion on to how they would explain everything to their younger brothers. They decided that they would try to explain after dinner during some dessert. When they stood from where they were sitting to make their way to the dining room, Leeteuk stumbled slightly holding his head. The six of them blew it off thinking that it was just a bought of dizziness from standing up too fast.