47

Friend's Matters

Daniel stares at the man in front of him awkwardly. He is colouring his favourite cartoon character at the living room. 

 
Sehun look at Daniel interestingly. He just met this little boy but he had caught his attention already. His shoulders slumped suddenly. 
 
If Kkot-min still alive, she will be around his age.
 
 
 
Haru frowned when she saw Jongin is taking out his coat. 
 
"You don't have to do this." 
 
He turns to her and smiled. "You both need to solve whatever problem between you and him. It's not an usual thing if you can accidentally saw him outside of the cafe in this city."  He wrapped his arm around her neck, "you guys didn't break it cleanly, at that time you are blinded by your emotions. He is your best friend Haru and even I can't take his place. So, talk with him." 
 
Haru looked at her husband, "thank you." She leans in and kiss Jongin on the lips. He smiled warmly. "I will also take Daniel out." She nodded. "I go take his coat now. Bring his colouring books too just in case he is bored." 
 
 
 
Jongin walks out from his bedroom and smiled towards Sehun. He looks at his child and ruffled Daniel hair. "Dad!" He whined, 
 
Sehun noticed he is wearing his jacket, "going somewhere?" Jongin turns to him, "I'm taking this boy out. So tell Haru on whatever you wanted to tell her before." Sehun wants to say something but interrupted by Haru who comes up from a room that he supposed belonged to Daniel, in her grip is small sized jacket and a SnapBack. 
 
"Daniel. Come here." 
 
"Yes mama." He puts down the colour pencil and walks to his mother with a smile on his face. "We are going out mother?" 
 
Haru gently shook her head. "No, only daddy and you. My friend is here and we have a lot to catch up." Once she puts the SnapBack on Daniel head, she smiled to Jongin. "He is all yours now." 
 
"Okay young man. Let's go!" Haru handed him Daniel small backpack, "Take care both of you." 
 
"You too." 
 
Sehun turns to them and quickly regretted his decision. Witnessing Haru and Jongin exchanges love glances towards each other enough to make his heart ache. 
 
 
 
"Do you want something to drink?" 
 
Sehun shook his head. "Please sit down." He said because he knows how awkward this situation is. Haru nodded and took a seat in front of him. 
 
They looked at each other. "How are you?" Both blurted the same question. Then a smile crept on their face. 
 
"As you can see, I'm married to Jongin and have a child." 
 
Sehun couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the wedding portrait once he steps inside her house half an hour ago. His eyes has been staring at the happy family picture on top of the small aquarium beside the flat TV Screen. He saw a little boy between Jongin and Haru and he immediately knows, they are currently happily married. 
 
"How about you?" 
 
He try to smile. "You want me to answer your question honestly or ..." 
 
"Be honest with me Sehun." 
 
He smirks sadly. "I was miserable," he os looking down, refuse to look at her. The time after he left her it's not something he proud with. "I'm lost, I don't know what should I do except running away." 
 
Haru eyes quickly become teary. The incident indeed left a big scar in their life. She took the time to properly scans Sehun. She saw that he is not the same cheerful Sehun anymore, he also become a lot skinnier than before if that even possible because he was skinny before. However, her eyes then landed a necklace around Sehun neck. She assumed he is now move on and already have someone special. 
 
"If you want to know, I just finished my contract with the General Hospital in Seoul and I will be in New York for one month for some courses." He shrugged. Haru frowned, "you had finished your training?" He shook his head, "I didn't had my training at all. Things are complicated before." 
 
"I'm sorry." 
 
"Aniya. I think it's for our best. I can be a certified doctor quickly and you already have your life with Kai. It's good." 
 
Sehun looks up and she saw his teary eyes. "But I missed the old us." He whispered. "I missed our moment together and I missed the time we talk about our plan for Kkot-nim." 
 
Now, both of them are crying in the middle of the living room. 
 
"We can't go back to the past Sehun." She shook her head. "If I have the choice, I will save Kkot-nim no matter what. Even if I died." 
 
"What about me huh? I'm in love with you. You think I will let that happened?" 
 
"Don't talk like that to me Sehun. I'm someone's wife now, a mother. You can't spurt out those stupid words like that." 
 
"Fine, I'm sorry." He wipes his tears away. "I just want us to go back like before. Where we were best friend and I know everything about you." 
 
"Things are not the same anymore." 
 
Honestly, she is afraid. Afraid of Sehun existence in her life again because she knew, if she is close with him again, her old feelings will come back and she doesn't want that. 
 
Sehun looked at her with hopeful eyes but she only returns his gaze with a blank expression. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey, where are you?" 
 
"Home. Why?" 
 
"I'm free now. I thought we can see each other for a while." 
 
A female flirty voice can be heard from the opposite line. "Is that so Mr. Kim?"