30

Friend's Matters

 

 

“Son, can you please help me attend this one event on behalf of me?” 

 

Jongin raised an eyebrow. His mother never once ask him to attend any event except when she is around, but now, with her in China, Jongin feels like he will be an outcast if he attend it without his mother. 

 

“Under which company?” His mother laughed. “No no no. It’s not an official event. Recently, my friend’s daughter got married and she invited me to attend a small party to celebrate the bride and groom.” 

 

“Oh really? What’s her name?” 

 

“I think it’s Lee Haru.” 

 

 

 

 

“Sehun.”

 

He turned his head from typing his assignment on his laptop. Sehun eyes then immediately greeted with Haru smiling eyes. “What?” He stands up when his wife only standing behind the door, showing only her face instead of her full body. “Why are you smiling is so creepy?” He arrived at the door and Haru playfully shoved his arm. 

 

“Ouch, woman!” 

 

Haru giggled before walks away. Making her husband follows her to the kitchen. “Sit.” She commanded. 

 

“Yah Oh Haru, you are freaking me out. What did you want?” He asked, but still pulls out the dining chair and takes a seat. 

 

Sehun already get used by her sweet tactics. She will suddenly turns a nice and sweet Haru before asking a favour from him. He still remember she asked him to buy her CNBlue ticket concert, rock pit zone and she couldn’t use her pocket money because she failed her test on that semester. Of course, Sehun bought it for her and he end up spend the balance of the money on two cups or ramen. 

 

“Close your eyes.” 

 

“Wh-”

 

“Just do it!” 

 

He glared towards her but still closes his eyes. “satisfied?” 

 

“Very much.”

 

 

 

Soon, a soft tune reached his ears before he feels something warm on his cheek. He opens his eyes a saw a medium sized vanilla cake decorated with white frosting on top of it written, 

 

                

 

Then it hits him, today is his birthday but he didn’t remember it all since he is so busy catching up with his assignment. He turned his body towards Haru who is standing beside him with her arm behind his neck. 

 

“Gumawo.” He smiled warmly. Haru bends down and kissed on top of his head. “I don’t know what to give you anymore since you already have everything you want.” Feeling the familiar touch on top of his head, he then knew the warm feeling he got on his cheek just now is Haru pink lips. Kissing his cheek. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Here.” She handed him a plastic knife. “I forgot to buy candles so just make a wish and pretend to blow the candles old man.” He laughed before taking the plastic knife from her. “I assumed you baked the cake when I was in class this morning?” 

 

“Of course. Took you long enough to arrive home.” He sighed, “Prof Go suddenly dump all the assignment on me and I couldn’t leave the class before half of it were done. Mian.” He wrapped his arm around Haru waist, which he noticed already grew by few centimetres. 

 

 “It’s okay. I know. And thanks to that, I managed to grab few things from the nearest store.” 

 

Sehun looked at her. “Haru, what did I told you? Don’t leave the house alone.” He frowned. But Haru quickly put her finger on the centre of his forehead, immediately breaking the frown waves. 

“And I also told you, I still managed to walk from here to there. In fact you can see me to hike up Seoraksan if you want to. Don’t frown. I don’t want our baby to inherit that from her daddy.” 

 

“Her?” 

 

“I know it’s silly, but I would love it if our children is a girl, although I also love it if the baby is a boy. I guess my mother instinct tells me, the baby is going to be a girl.”

 

Sehun eyes lit up upon hearing that. “I would love if we get a daughter too!”

 

He received another kiss on top of his head before he turns his body and finally cut down his cake. He then realized, there’s no other cake that can matched his taste bud except from his wife self bake cake. 

 

 

 

 

“Umma, appa, we are here.” Haru announces when she enters her parent house. Sehun is right behind her, helping her to stand properly when she is wobbling during taking off her shoes. Soon, Sehun parents come to the door and greet them. 

 

“Oh, eomonim and abeonim are also here?” 

 

“Umma, appa.” Sehun greeted. Surprised to see them too. He thought they will be only four of them. 

 

“Yah! You brat! How dare you forgot to invite us to celebrate your birthday?!” Sehun then received a smack on his arm. Haru laughed and immediately shut when her mother in law turns to face her. “And you! I heard you walk from campus to here. What if you gives birth in the middle of the road?”

 

Haru almost rolls her eyes while Sehun sighed. 

 

“Umma, she’s only two months pregnant.” 

 

“But still!”

 

Haru turns to him, “Said the person who won’t even let me went to the store just now.”

 

Sehun mimicked her before taking off his shoes too and slips on the house slipper. Mr. Oh saw his son playful act and smiles. 

 

“Come in. everyone is at the dining table already.” 

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Oh is eyeing Haru bowl of rice and noticed her daughter in law eats a lot of spicy stuffs while Sehun only eat bland food. She frowned because if she is not mistaken, Haru is not really a fan of spicy food while Sehun is a champion when it comes to spicy stuffs. 

 

“Why does it seems both of your taste are switched?”

 

Sehun raised his shoulders and continue to eat while Haru shook her head indicating she doesn’t know. 

 

Mr. Oh suddenly let out a small chuckle, making every pair of eyes focusing on him. Mr. Lee then noticed what Mrs. Oh is talking about just now and let out a small laugh too. 

 

“why are you guys laughing like that?” Sehun raised an eyebrow. 

 

“Because you are same like us before. When you were inside of your mother stomach, I suddenly eat what she always eat although I originally don’t like the food.”

 

Mr. Lee nodded. “yes. Imagine seondae is now my favourite food.” He shuddered making Mrs. Lee blurt a laugh too. “I still remember his face when he saw me eat that for the first time. I swear every single drop of blood leaves his face. He is white as a paper!” 

 

And soon, the elders quickly talk about their old memories with their partners, telling many embarrassment memories which now they can laugh along when they reminisce that part. Haru took the chance to steal a look at her husband and saw he is frowning, probably thinking about he is going to survive the next ten months. 

 

She places her hand on top of Sehun hand and squeezed it a little bit. 

 

“Don’t worry. I don’t have any weird appetite.” 

 

Sehun scoffed, “yeah right. Said the person who once keep opening to know how rain taste was like.” He pushes her hand away, “Just forget it. I will make sure I will not do that at all.”

 

“Stupid Oh.”

 

“Weird Mrs. Oh.” 

 

 

 

 

Having two efficient woman in her life, Haru couldn’t feel more grateful when her mother and her mother in law told her that the event to celebrate Haru and Sehun already hundred percent done. She sighed in relieved. However guilt still can be seen from her eyes since she didn’t really help them to settle the task. 

 

They are having lunch after Mrs. Oh and Mrs. Lee come to the uni to pick her up since Sehun is still at his faculty, revising for his upcoming test. Haru already set reminder on his phone so that he will be not too caught up with studying. Knowing Sehun, he will be late no matter how many reminders she puts in his phone. 

 

She voiced out her guiltiness before interrupted by the older ladies. 

 

“It’s okay. I know you are busy with your class.” 

 

“I don’t want you to feel so tired. It will affect the baby.” 

 

“But still-”

 

“Don’t worry. Just follow us to the saloon. All of us need some pamper time to appear beautiful tonight.” Mrs. Oh smiles, holding her hand before her mother hugs her other free arm. Haru laughed, blessed to have such happy family. 

 

Uri aegi (my baby), umma couldn’t wait to spend time with you too.

 

 

 

 

Three of them step inside the beauty parlour where both of her mother are their regular customers. Haru never fancy this kind of stuffs because for her, simplicity is the best. So to have her sitting on the black leather chair which surprisingly feels so comfortable against her back must be a foreign scene for those who knew her. 

 

Her thoughts immediately flew to her husband, wondering what will he said when he saw her face covered with make up. 

 

Of course she wants to look par with her husband, after all Sehun is the most good looking guy in the campus and since half of her so called friends are coming to the event, she really wants to look good at least for tonight. 

 

Looking at her stylist reflection on the mirror in front of her she flashes her dazzling smile, 

 

“Please make me look really pretty!” 

 

 

 

 

Jongin fixes his tie neatly before grabbing the black coat on the couch. His mother fails to tell him what should he be wearing however since it’s an event, he choose formal as his theme for tonight. Donning a simple white shirt with simple design of tie, he takes one last look of his reflection before close the door of his room. 

 

He has a strong feeling about who is the main character for tonight and he is guts never fails him. Jongin really hope he will not shows any discomfort on his face. He is attending the event as his mother representatives, of course he will not make his mother embarrasses by his action. 

 

Mr. Tae lifts his head when he heard the closing door sound. He smiles when he saw how handsome Jongin is. 

“I’m sure you will attract many girls attention tonight.” 

 

Jongin smirked then his face turns slightly sad, “Too bad, the one who I really want won’t be giving her attention to me tonight.” 

 

 

 

 

“You look superb!” 

 

Haru smiles happily when the staffs of the beauty parlour didn’t stop pouring her their compliments. Five minutes ago, she is surprised to see the dress because she thought it’s going to be a simple event, just to let people know she is married to Sehun however she knows she is completely wrong when she saw how ‘high-class’ the dress is.

 

She just hope her husband will not be late for the event. 

 

 

 

 

 

Skip to one hour later, Haru is tapping her fingers nervously inside the resting room because Sehun should be here fifteen minutes ago but now he is still not here. The event is held at Lotte Hotel where Haru mom is their head of engineer during the construction of this building. 

 

The guests start to piled up the event room while Haru is impatiently waiting for her husband. Three minutes after that, her father opens the door and announced Sehun is here already. She breathed out angrily before marching to the event room. 

 

From where she is standing, she can see Sehun handsomely walks in the hotel while buttoning his suit. She scanned him from toe to head. 

 

“That b!tch!” She cursed. Looking at his hair, she now know why he is late. Sehun quickly arrived by her side and breath out. 

 

“Phew! I’m not that late right?” He still didn’t thoroughly look at his wife, he puts his hands on both of his knees, trying to make his breathing in normal rate. 

 

“Not that late? Oh Sehun, you are one ing hour late!” She hissed. Instead of feeling guilty about it, he laughed when he heard she spill out her cursed word. He turns his head to the side, finally settling his eyes on his wife. 

 

 

“Wow…” 

 

Haru looks at Sehun and saw his mouth literally drop. “Why are you looking at me like that?” She then scans him from bottom to top.

 

 

 

“And please don't tell me you are late because you are busy coloring your hair to pink! Oh my god Sehun, it’s a formal event tonight and yet you dare to change your hair to pink?! What the hell is wrong with you?” She smacks him but Sehun still couldn’t take his eyes off her although she hits the bulls eye on why he is late.

 

“Haru, since when did you wear make up?”

 

She immediately blushed when she finally know why Sehun is stunned just now. But then she quickly remembers she is scolding him just now. Just when she wants to open , her eyes caught someone entering the main door and her eyes widened in recognition. 

 

 

There he is, walking handsomely towards her, his long and slim body only enhance his handsomeness. Sure her husband is handsome, however Jongin literally takes her breath away from the moment her eyes landed on him. 

 

 

Sehun saw how Haru suddenly turns quiet and he saw she is looking at the entrance with widened eyes. “What-” He stopped. In front of his eyes, he saw how Jongin and Haru is totally checking out each other. He smiled half heartedly. 

 

 

 

At the same time, Jongin looks up and his eyes on that instance locked up with Haru’s. His eyes scans her from head to toe and she can see he is trying to hid his amused smile. 

 

“Oh, it’s Mrs. Kim son!” Haru heard her mother greets and she feels a little bit of disappointment when their little eye moment broke. “Let me introduce you to my daughter and son in law.” Her mother guided Jongin to Sehun and her. 

 

“Haru yah, let me introduce you to Jongin. He is a son to a friend of mine.” The said man bows to her and Haru bows too. “And here is my handsome son in law, Oh Sehun. Insahae (Give your greeting).” Both man bow towards each other and shook hand. 

 

“Nice to meet you.” They both said the same thing. 

 

“I leave you guys to talk each other okay.” Mrs. Lee smiles before leaving the awkward circle, continues to greet the newly arrived guest.

 

“I err, better greet the guest too. you guys talk.” Sehun rubs his neck awkwardly before leaving both of them. 

 

And silence engulfed them. Jongin clears his throat after almost a minutes of silence. 

 

“You look so beautiful, Haru.” 

 

She looks up, once again meet with his warm eyes, a pair of eyes that clearly shows how much he loves her and she is surprised with herself that she can see that. 

 

“You look so handsome too, Kai.” 

 

 

He flashes her his heart dropping smile, the kind of smile that she now realised has steal her heart away from the moment she saw him at school probably six years ago. Jongin expression clearly shows he is happy with her calling him his nickname.

 

“I love you.” 

 

Jongin eyes widened. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ailee’s note:  This chapter is weird O.O 

 

p/s: Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday on 4th July! Love you! 

 

pp/s: Guess who will be going to South Korea for 80 freakin days?! 

-me! ^^