35

Friend's Matters

Folding his shirt sleeves, Sehun enter the small supermarket to buy two boxes of green tea cookies that he promised his wife as a treat for her to help him pick up his suit. 

"Let's see if they also got green tea ice cream. I swear she is green tea addict!" He smiles, remembering their moment in Jeju. 

Once finished, he drive back to his house. Glancing at the tube of ice cream and two boxes of green tea cookies on the passenger seat, he couldn't wait to see how his wife will squeal later.

"Haru? I'm home." 

He announced and makes his way to the kitchen once he drops his bag pack on the couch. He loosen his tie before putting the ice cream in the fridge. 

"Haru?" 

He calls again. But still no answer. 

"Eh? She didn't come back yet?" Grabbing his bag, Sehun climbs the stairs to upstairs and check their bedroom. 

The bed is still in perfect condition, Haru sling bag is not hanging on the wooden hanger. 

"She didn't come back yet." He shrugged. Taking out his phone he typed   I'm home already. Where are you? Want me to pick you up? and toss the phone aside. 

He wants to take a shower before Haru gets back. 

Ten minutes after that, Sehun got out from his bathroom, wearing a small piece of towel wrapped on his lower part of the body. He quickly took his shorts and simple design t-shirt to wear. Once finished, he gets out from his room and immediately he heard Haru announced she is back. 


"Hey!" He smiled. 

"hey." She shortly replied. Sehun immediately saw something is wrong with his wife. He walks to her and places his arm around her waist. "Is there something wrong?" 

Haru throw away his arm before placing his suit on the kitchen counter. She crossed her arms before facing her husband. 

"Do you have anything to tell me ? " 

"What do you mean?" 

"I said, do you or do you not?"

Sehun frowned. Somehow he doesn't like where is this conversation is going. He can definitely sensed the stern voice. 

"Not that I think of. Why?" 

"Does Jung SooJung rings a bell?" She throws away the house key on the marble kitchen counter, making Sehun startled. Slowly his eyes widened when the fact registered in his mind. 

"Haru, I-" 

"It's already two weeks, you still haven't told me. Until when you decided to tell me huh Sehun?" Running her fingers through her long hair, she speaks again. "What happened to our promises that we made in Jeju?" 

"Look, can you please listen to me first?" He is tired. Today has been such a long day for him and with him facing this matter when he got back from Uni doesn't help his mood either. Thus, he accidentally blurted out slightly raised voice. 

"Yes I did met her. But it was a coincidence. She greeted me and asked me where are you." He sighed. "I didn't tell her at all. I warned her to stay away from you. I didn't told her we are married nor you are pregnant. I didn't tell you because it slipped off my mind. And I'm sorry about that." 

"You know how much impact SooJung is in my life and you said you forgot about it? Unbelievable!" She grabs her handbag before rushing to upstairs. Sehun who is afraid anything happens to her, chases her to upstairs. 

"Haru, please. Im sorry okay." 

Soon, a loud bang sound can be heard. 

"I hate you Sehun." 

 


Jongin sips his cup of coffee while pushing away his newspaper of the day. He just finished reading it just now. 

"Is this seat is taken?" 

He glances beside him and his eyes widened in surprise. 

"Seriously, why does I keep on receiving that kind of reply whenever I appear again in front of you guys? " She smiles while takes a seat in front of Jongin. 

"Hi Jongin. Long time no see." 

He clears his throat. "Hi SooJung." His shoulders suddenly turns tensed. She saw that and laughed slightly. "Relax Jongin, I'm not going to eat you or something. I just want to sit down and chat with you. For old time sake." 

Suddenly Jongin feels bad upon hearing that. He quickly flashes her a smile. "Sure. Why don't you order first?" 

He raised up his hand, immediately a waiter come to their table. "Order what you want. My treat." SooJung smiles. "I want egg Benedict with iced coffee please." She said without glancing at the waiter. 

"So how are you?" She leans in, gathering her long hair to one side over her neck and looking straightly at Jongin. 

"I'm fine. Happy to be exact." He genuinely smiles when he remembers he is now with Haru although they are under complicated circumstances. "I'm sure you are, I met with Sehun and Haru before you." 

"You met them? When? 

"I accidentally met them. Not purposely met them. Our fate is still strong I guess." She shrugged. Both of them went silence when the waiter earlier come again to the table and places SooJung order. 

"I know Haru is pregnant. That's why you are happy right? Because finally you and her are together." She sighed and looks up, Jongin shift his gaze to her. "Yes. Haru is pregnant. I'm so happy for that fact. She likes children so to finally has her own, I'm sure she's ecstatic."   

SooJung silently cursed Haru because when Jongin talks about her, the love he has towards her oozing out from his pair of dreamy eyes. She thought what went wrong until Jongin stops from putting her in his heart. 

Jongin slightly jumps when he felt SooJung on his hand. He tries to pulls away but she holds it tightly. 

"SooJung ah.." 

"Come back to me Jongin. I know I did wrong to you. After I left Korea, my heart keeps on longing for you. That's when I knew I love you actually. But I need to repent my mistakes first, so I keep on staying in America." 

He can feels the sincerity in her words and her gazes never fails to send the message to him. However, it's too late now.  SooJung eyes hopefully stares at him. 

"I'm sorry SooJung," three words from him, her shoulders went flat. "Even if you come back earlier, I will still not be together with you. The one I really wanted is Haru ever since I know who is the one keeps replying my letters." 

"But you love me first, I'm the one who captured your heart first." 

"I know and I'm not gonna to denied that. But between those letters, I pour my heart in that many piece of paper and Haru sincerely accept me for who I am." 

"How do you know she is not lying to you?" 

He softly smiled, "because she confessed to me she loves me, the real me not the one who I portrayed in school." 

Looking down, he saw his hand still in SooJung grip. Jongin then put his another free hand on top of hers. "We will have been a great couple if we continue to from high school but Haru is someone who I can see become my wife and the mother of my child in the future. I love you once SooJung, even in high school, my love for you is true." 

By the time Jongin finishes speaking, SooJung eyes got teary.  He thought he has make it clear for her and she will finally let go of the past but little did he know, he just lit up a bigger flame of hatred towards Haru in SooJung heart. 


"Haru, please open the door." 

A clicking sound soon can be heard from the other side of the door and Haru appears with puffy eyes. 

"Haru.." Sehun whispered. He is shocked to see his wife in that condition. He seriously never thought Haru will end up crying her heart out. 

"I don't want to talk with you. You broke our promise." 

With that, she left him standing alone by their bedroom door. His throat is screaming countless 'I'm sorry' but none seems to escape from his mouth. 

Sehun eyes followed the backside of his wife until she disappeared into their baby room. He is going to sleep alone for the first time since they are married tonight and he seriously hate the fact she is not lying beside him.