36

Friend's Matters

I'm so bad! You know, I was going to write 'if I don't get at least 15 comments then I don't want to update next chapter' forgive me!! 

Btw, the paragraph is a little bit weird for this chapter and precious chapter because I wrote it in notes. So... Sorry again! 



It was seven in the morning when Sehun heard the ringing bells. He is in the kitchen, having his morning coffee since he couldn't really sleep well last night. 

"This is still early. I wonder who is that. Mom maybe?" 

Making his way to the door, he glances upstairs when he heard the open door sound. Indicating Haru is out from their baby room. 

"Morning."

Sehun startled once he opened the door because Jongin is standing in front of him wearing his track suit and a happy smile. He clears his throat. "Morning. Come in." 

"Thank you." 

"Does Haru knows you are-" 

"Kai let's go!" Haru cheery said while walking down the stairs. Sehun looks at her attire, track suit and sweater and her hair tied in ponytail. 

"Where do you think you are going?" 

Jongin looks at her, waiting for her answer but she just ignores Sehun. After almost a minute of silence, he replied after sensing Haru will not be answering Sehun question. 

"We will be taking a walk at Hangang. Want to join us?" 

Haru abruptly chided in, "no he won't. He got stuffs to do." 

Sehun frowned. "You are pregnant." 

"So?" She answers but not looking at Sehun at all, too busy or pretend to be busy tying her shoelace. "I don't think that should stops me from going out with my boyfriend." 

Jongin raised an eyebrow. He stood between them with confused expressions. Since when these two fight with each other? 

"But I'm your husband. You should tell me everything." 

"Really? Like you told me about SooJung?"
She throws away the shoes that she is trying to wear to the side, Jongin steps back from standing between them. This is their marriages issues and he doesn't want to involve because he knew he will be biased towards his girlfriend, Haru. However when he heard SooJung name is mentioned, he somehow can figured out what is their problem already.

"I told you, it slipped out of my mind. Can't you be a mature woman for once and forgets about that?" 

She widened her eyes in disbelieve, "now you are telling me I'm childish all the time?" She steps forward until she is few feet away from furious Sehun. "You were there Sehun, when SooJung embarrassed me in front of everyone in school. You saw how broken I am. And yet you didn't tell me right after that? Now that she is back into our life I'm scared, okay!"

"You are overthinking and misinterpret the situation." He is about to continues when he seems like he finally noticed Jongin is standing there watching their scene. "Just go whenever you want to go, we will continue this after you get back." Just when he said that, Haru is like finally realized she is about to going out with Jongin. 

"No need. I'm going to stay the night at my house. I will tell my parent I don't want to disturb you with your presentation." 

Grabbing the shoes she threw earlier, Haru then grabs Jongin hand and leaves the house, not letting Sehun have the chance to say anything. 

The slammed door sound can be heard and Sehun grabs his hair in frustration. 

"This is getting out of hand!" 

 

Jongin glances at Haru for countless times already. Ever since she steps in his car until now when they already finished one round of walk, she never opens to talk. 

"You know, you need to speak something with me. Otherwise I rather stay at home and sleeps." 

"You don't want to see me?" 

"You know it's not like that Haru. By the way, I met with SooJung yesterday." 

She scoffed and turns to him, "is she going to bother everyone that close with me now?" 

"She said she accidentally met with you and Sehun." 

"Yeah right." 

Jongin frowned. "Why are you acting like this?" 

She stops from walking and turns her body to him. "Like what?" 

"The Haru that I knew, she will never judged any person whether the person is bad or nice. She will treats everyone equally and doesn't let anyone to let her confident down. She always looks everything in positive way." 

"You know how SooJung treated me Kai, you were there!" 

"Of course I do know! Like you said, I was there so was Sehun." He cuts her off, "think Haru. Never once I saw Sehun do anything that will harm you or saddens you. So what makes you think he purposely not telling you about SooJung? I don't think I'm the one who should telling you about all Sehun done for you. You are his best friend, you should know better than anyone." 

She closed her eyes. "Can you send me to my parent house? I don't have the mood to go out with you today." 

"Fine with me." 

 

"I'm back!" Mrs. Lee announced when she opens the door of her house. Mr. Lee smiles and took her briefcase. 

"Is she here?" Mrs. Lee asked when she saw the familiar pair of running shoes at the shoe rack. "Why is she keeps on coming here? I don't want the Oh think she is a baby." 

"She probably wants to take a rest. She looks so tired just now and she said Sehun is busy with his paperwork." 

"Haru appa, you already knew Sehun since he was in kindergarten. Did he ever used 'I'm busy' excuse to neglect our child? Probably your daughter has done something and she is running away from the problem." 

"What do you want me to do?" 

"I'm going to talk some sense into her. Why don't you prepare dinner and ask our son-in-law to come too?" 

"Okay." 

 

"Haru, I know you are awake. Umma is coming in." 

Haru lazily pushes away the blanket and fixes her long hair before scoot to the corner of the bed. Her mother opens the door, closes it before walking to the small couch in the room. 

"Wae umma?" 

"What happened? Why are you here?" 

"I'm bored at home, Sehun is busy with his paper-" 

"I don't want to hear lies Lee Haru, I want to know the truth. Did you have fight with your husband?" 

She keeps on staring her daughter as she know sooner or later Haru will crumbled down under her stern gaze. 

"Umma, you still remember Jung SooJung?" 

Mrs. Lee nodded her head. Of course she remembers her. That lady had done something in her daughter life and she is still furious about that. 

"Well, she had come back and she met with Sehun. But that brat didn't bother to tell me after two weeks passed. SooJung met me and told me about that. Otherwise I wouldn't have known until now." 

"So you got mad at Sehun because of that?" 

She nodded, "he should have told me first thing after he met her. Why must he kept it as a secret?" 

"Lee Haru, let me ask you one thing. Have Sehun in anyway had hurt you before?" 

Haru shook her head. 

"Throughout many years of friendship, is there any times he will accidentally forgot to tell you any important stuffs?" 

This time she nodded her head. "He even forgot my birthday that one time." She accidentally blurted out a giggle but quickly clears . 

Holding her hand, Mrs. Lee said, "you know Haru, at first I doubt his love towards you because between you and him, I only saw strong friendship. But days by days, months by months, I can see he is really takes care of you. I can put my trust on him and I believe he is not purposely to hide the fact from you. He is a good man Haru. And he is going to be a good father too." 

"What should I do umma? I'm to embarrassed to call him and ask for forgiveness." 

"Your appa had called him for dinner, so je should be by here ten minutes more. Go get ready and go home tonight. Don't make my house as your safety house." 

Haru smiles, "thank you umma." 

"You should thank your husband more for not throwing you in Hangang with that attitude of yours."