44

Friend's Matters

“Sehun ah! Kachi ka! (Sehun ah, let’s go together!)”

 

He smiled before turns his body to face in front again. “You have long legs hyung, palli!” 

 

Walking along the tall trees with a backpack behind him and a simple egg sandwich in his grip, Sehun walks along the road that he always use to the small clinic. His eyes then caught few bunny running along an old shady tree not to far from him. 

 

“Cute bunnies.” He smiled warmly. 

 

He loves this place so much. That’s why when he received an invitation about doing his volunteer work in here, he didn’t take any second to say yes. He didn’t go straightly works at government hospital because he finished his final semester earlier than his batch mates and at that time he received a proposal on working as volunteer doctor. Then, another reason why he likes this place is because this is where Haru and him spend their first honeymoon together. 

 

 

 

“Good morning Doctor Oh.” 

 

He steps inside the small container  which just enough for three doctors working together and puts his backpack on his seat. He then grabs his white coat before putting it on. 

 

“What did I told you Eunji, don’t call me by that name. I feel like I’m old.” 

 

Eunji giggled, “Arasseo Doctor Oh.” He glared at her and she giggles again. 

 

The other doctor steps inside the container, “Cut it out Eunji. You just call that because you love how your surname is the same as his.” He then turns to Sehun, “And you, why haven’t you make any move? You know how Eunji likes you from day one she saw you.” 

 

Sehun clears his throat and looks away, Eunji stands up and smack the doctor arm. 

 

“Shut up Shim seonbae!” 

 

 

 

“Ouch!” Changmin rubs his arm harshly, the pain is still stinging. 

 

Sehun claps his hand. “That’s what you get from picking on her.” 

 

“Heol!” 

 

 

 

 

 

(Imagine this is how the doctors 'office' is )

 

 

The rest of their day continues as usual actually. Changmin didn’t tease Eunji and the female doctor also focuses on her work, she even ignores Sehun when he asked her to join them for lunch at Kim ahjumma house. 

 

“Anneyong Doctor Oh and Doctor Shim.” Kim ahjumma smiles when she saw the two good looking doctor comes into her small restaurant. Both of the guys smiled towards her before taking a seat at their usual spot. 

 

“I just have the usual.” Sehun said to his seonbae and Changmin ordered. While staring into the view in front of him, his finger then absentmindedly plays with the necklace around his neck. Changmin looks at him with interest.

 

He had known Sehun for almost five years already. At that time, he was visiting his old professor at the university when he saw Sehun was getting yelled by his favourite professor. He feels weird at that time because his professor is never a person who will simply get mad and Sehun looks like a good boy who will not purposely make any problem. 

 

He asked his professor but the old man didn’t fully know what happened to him because Sehun refused to tell him. The professor told him that he wants to take a year off and continue his studies via distance learning. That’s what makes his professor get mad because Sehun is already on his final sem, so why would he wants to take a year off? 

 

When he got out from the office, he saw Sehun is bending down his head between his legs, looking distressed and when he looks up, Changmin never saw a man has a pair of very sad eyes. 

 

He is still young, so why he looks like he had gone through so much?  

 

Then, without any hesitation, he makes a proposal. 

 

“Finish your final semester and follow me working as volunteer doctor at rural areas.” 

 

Sehun, without any hesitation accepts his proposal and since then they are inseparable. Changmin never asked what happened before and Sehun never ever tell him about his personal life. He only knows Sehun is the only child in his family because on the day before they depart to Indonesia, his parent was there, saying goodbyes to their only child. 

 

 

 

 

 

Finish eating, they took a longer route to reach their container just to walk around that area. They arrived at the island for almost two weeks now but never have the chance to sightseeing. 

 

“What do you think of Eunji, Sehun?” 

 

Sehun halted from walking. He turns to Changmin. “She is nice. A good co-worker.” He had met Eunji during his last visit at Cambodia, at that time she was under a different team of doctors but Changmin loves how she handled her patient, so he asked her to join him since they sometimes need a female doctor to check on female patient. Eunji said yes. But the lady never failed to shows him that she is indeed have interest on him. Sehun knew because at that one time, she is drunk and she blurted all her feeling towards him. However Sehun never told her about that incident. He doesn’t know how to face the awkward situation if he told her about it. 

 

“Just that?” 

 

“What more you want me to say?” 

 

Changmin turns to him. “You are twenty seven this year and you had known her for quite long time. So, what’s wrong with taking the next step with her?” 

 

Sehun shakes his head. “You don’t understand hyung. I already have someone I like. Plus, I only see Eunji as my co-worker and as my little sister.” 

 

“The ring owner?” Hangman points around Sehun neck. “I always noticed you playing with the necklace.” 

 

He sighed. “Yes. I love her.” 

 

Changmin looked up and saw that Sehun face looks disturbed, probably mentioning about the ring owner is not a very good idea.

 

“Okay then. Let’s go back. I don’t want Eunji to smacks me again.” 

 

Sehun laughed while walking right after his hyung. 

 

“Lee Haru, are you doing fine right now?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where do you think our son right now?” Mrs. Oh asked when she opens the door to Sehun room. Mr. Oh shakes his head, “Honestly, I don’t know.” Eyeing all the stuffs in his son room, he feels the emptiness in his heart is getting deeper. 

 

Ever since Sehun left home one that fateful night, he doesn’t even know where did his son went to. He didn’t call nor came home. Then, one day suddenly a mail reached their home. Opening it, they saw Sehun’s certificate and a letter. That’s when they knew Sehun actually staying in the campus and finished his study earlier than everybody and in the letter Sehun asked them to show up at Incheon because he is going to Indonesia, working as a volunteer doctor. 

 

That day, Mrs. Oh cried on top of Sehun bed. She misses her son. She grabs whatever thing that had Sehun scent on it and hugged it tightly. She cried until she falls asleep because of the exhaustion. Mr. Oh carries his wife to their bedroom and went back to Sehun room. He hangs the certificate beside Sehun wedding picture. The wedding picture is still there because nobody wants to throw anything inside the room. Even though they have no connection with the Lee but Haru once Sehun best friend and they want to keep on thinking her like that. 

 

At the airport, the three Ohs cried together when they meet for the first time after the incident. Everyone at the airport looks at them but they couldn’t care less. This is a mother who had been longing for her son for almost a year and this is also where a father couldn’t hold his tears when he saw his son is skinnier than before and a son who saw that his parent face are full of wrinkle compared to the last time he saw them. 

 

However, although they know they will rarely see Sehun after this, the Oh still give him their blessing on working abroad. They know Sehun is trying to start a new life after all of the misfortunate event and they fully supported it. 

 

It was when Sehun is queuing up to check his passport when Mrs. Oh blurted, “Haru got married with Jongin yesterday and they will permanently stay at New York.”

 

His passport dropped on the floor. 

 

 

 

“Hyung, your turn.” Sehun dried his hair using the small towel around his neck while Changmin stands up and grabs his towel. “I just on the phone with the director.” Sehun turns to him, “Then?” “He said we need to stay here a bit longer until next year perhaps then we need to join a conference in Japan.” He nodded, “Arasseo. I go and tell Eunji about it.” 

 

They are staying in a small apartment that consists only one bed room and one bathroom. It’s the most comfortable place compared to other house that they stayed before. Eunji actually stays on the same floor with them and few rooms away. 

 

Wearing his slippers, Sehun walks to Eunji door. The questions that Changmin asked him about her just now is actually starting to annoyed him now that he saw his attention to make Eunji and him grew close together. However that annoyed feeling didn’t stay longer when Eunji opens the door after few knocks. 

 

“Oh Eunji, the director -”

 

He didn’t managed to finish his sentence because suddenly Eunji lunged forward and landed her lips on his. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ailee’s note: I hope I didn’t confused you with the timeline and I do hope that you girls can already grasp what happen to both Haru and Sehun during these four years time. And, I LOL-ed hard at each of your comments because you girls are all sad then suddenly ‘thank you for update’ LOL!! 

 

Please tell me if you don’t really understand what happened to Sehun and Haru in the four years time. I will explain on the next chapter! 

 

pp/s: 22 days more until South Korea!