45

Friend's Matters

Morning is awkward for both of them. Especially for Eunji because the man that she loved for 2 years clearly rejected her. She tries to take a peek at him, but whenever she tried to, Sehun eyes always caught hers. 

 
On the other side, Sehun doesn't know how to approach her actually. He didn't mind Eunji kissed him last night because he knew, she was drunk. He, himself made a mistake when he was drunk. That's why he never touched any type of alcohol after leaving Seoul. 
 
He felt a nudge on his hand and his eyes darted to Changmin. 
 
"What?" He mouthed. 
 
Changmin pointed to Eunji who is sitting across their desk and mouthed, "what happen?" 
 
He shook his head and the other guy make a face. 
 
 
 
"Haru." 
 
She spun around and gasped when Jongin is right in front of her. He automatically circled her waist while her hand fits perfectly on his well build chest. 
 
"Happy 5th anniversary" 
 
Haru widened her eyes. She forgot about it again. "Kai, I'm sorry. I forgot again this year." 
Jongin only replied with a sweet kiss. "I know. Otherwise you would have prepared me a gift." 
 
Suddenly the scene where Haru and him celebrated their first anniversary comes into his mind. At that time, Haru is half live half dead. But they managed to get through one year of living together. And now, they have been together for 5 years already. 
 
"I can cook whatever you want to eat today. Just tell me." 
 
Daniel Kim comes out from his room with shirt on his body. Jongin laughed before placing his briefcase on the couch and bend down until he reached Daniel eyes level. 
 
"Aigooo. My son is growing up and quickly to be a man already. Then I can leave mom under your care right?" 
 
Daniel eyes followed his father hand when he is buttoning his shirt and quickly looks forward when his father said that. 
 
"Why appa? You want to go somewhere?" 
 
Haru looks at the clock on the wall and grabs Jongin's briefcase. "Enough talking. You are going to be late." Jongin smiled at her before standing up. "Can you try to come back home early ? I can leave Daniel with Ashley and we can go have a dinner or something." Haru asked. 
 
"Sure. I love that. I will call you once I am out from the office." 
 
Jongin's planted a kiss on her forehead and lips before Haru bending down her body to let Daniel kiss her cheek. 
 
"Have a nice day you two!" She waved and two of her favourite boy waved back. 
 
 
 
"Hyung, I just got an email. We need to go to New York first before fly to Japan?" 
 
Changmin put down the pen and flexed his finger. He has been writing the report for almost two hours already while Eunji and Sehun is treating the patience that come visit them today. 
 
"Yeah. The doctors in New York General Hospital are inviting us to have a few days seminar with them before we go to Japan. I heard we are going to stay pretty long in Japan. So just prepare yourself." 
 
Sehun nodded his head. He doesn't mind where they will go next as he don't have any commitment and his parent already gave him their full support when he told them about this line of work. Just when he wants to sit down, his eyes suddenly caught Eunji by the clinic door, asking him to come out. He glanced at Changmin who is now busy typing on the keyboard and go outside. 
 
"Eunji, what?"
 
"Are you pretending like you don't know it or you really don't know?"
 
He looked at her confusedly. "Know what?" 
 
"My feelings towards you." 
 
He looked at her, "Eunji, look. Honestly, from the start, I have a feeling you might like me. But I don't want to trust my instinct because maybe that is my own assumption. But now you said it, I have no choice." 
 
"We kissed last night." 
 
He shook his head. "No, you are forcing yourself on me. I didn't reply your kiss and after five seconds passed, nothing happened. Don't lie to yourself and believe into something you made up with your own thought." He opens few buttons of his shirt before taking out a pair of rings that he slid into blank silver necklace. "I am still in love with this woman. My ex wife and the mother of my daughter." He dangled the necklace when Eunji eyes went wide. "Here is the proof. This was our wedding ring." 
 
"Why you never said anything before ?" 
 
"Because I don't want Changmin Hyung and you look at me like I'm a different person. My marriage failed Eunji, it's not something that I should be proud of." He sighed. "I'm sorry for bursting on you like this but I don't want you to ruin our friendship. I feel comfortable when I'm around you. You are my friend here." 
 
Eunji shakes her head. "I feel so ashamed right now." She covers her face. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. I don't think of you any different. Don't worry." He ruffled her hair. 
 
"Don't make something that can confuse me more." 
 
Sehun quickly lifts up his hand. 
 
 
 
 
"Haru, I'm heading out now. Please wear prettily." Haru heard Jongin voice from the other side of the phone before hangs up on him. She puts the small towel around her neck and proceed to walk to her walk in closet. A black dress has caught her attention and judging by the revealing part at the backside of the dress, she can see Jongin disapproving eyes already. 
 
She had just done putting her final touch on her lips before a double honk was heard outside, she smiled before grabbing her gold clutch and went to locked the door.
 
"You look so pretty." Jongin said with dreamy eyes when he saw his wife approaching him. "Are you sure you are my wife? Because I'm pretty sure I married myself a messy girl." Haru laughed and went inside Jongin embrace as the man open wide his arms. "Or maybe we can skip dinner and straight away go to the hotel?" He lips lift up in a naughty way. 
 
"Hold your horses Kim Kai, I don't want to starve myself. Let's go to eat!" She pushes him away and enter the car first. 
 
"Damn, I love it when she acts like a tough girl!" Jongin fixes his shirt before enter the car too. 
 
 
 
 
"Eunji confessed to you isn't it?" Sehun nodded while playing with his necklace. "And now you regretting it?" 
 
He shook his head. "I miss her." He didn't look up to where Changmin is, instead he is staring at the wooden floor, reminiscing his moment with Haru years ago. 
 
Changmin look at him and shook his head, "don't you think you should let go now? It's already been four five years, you shpuld have move on long time ago. If she loves you, she will search for you." 
 
Sehun looked up, "Should I, Hyung?" 
 
 
 
 
 
Hello there! I'm sorry for not fulfilling my words by completing this story before I went to Korea. I have safely arrived in Incheon Airport at 8:30 am local time and I have spend my first week in Seoul before going to Busan. I will try my best to keep updating this sorry by using my phone so please be patience with me okay! 
Drop me some comments will ya!
 
XOXO from Busan^^