29

Friend's Matters

“I saw you have complete four of your paintings.” 

 

Jongin smiled warmly to Mr. Tae. “Yes. I need to ship them out to Robert in LA. He had been chasing me like a mad dog.” Both of the man laughed before Jongin stands up and put away his painting before replacing a new canvas. 

 

“But how come your paintings are all about sadness?” 

 

He halted from taking his brush. Jongin did not say anything and Mr. Tae knew why. 

 

“If you love her, why don’t you see her and ask for a forgiveness?” Placing his wrinkled hand on Jongin shoulder, “Maybe she will take you back?” 

 

 

He still remembers on that particular day, Jongin has come back home with a brilliant smile plastered on his face. He never saw Jongin that happy except when his painting was bought by someone. 

 

He of course asked him what makes him so happy. 

 

“She is willing to give me a try!! Oh my god!!”

 

 

 

Looking up, Jongin sighed. “I can’t. She is married with her best friend.” He tried to curve a smile on his face but fail. He saw how Sehun taking care of Haru when they arrived at the campus today. He wants to greet her, wants to apologise about his behaviour that day. However when he caught something shining on her long slender finger, Jongin stops abruptly from walking. 

 

“She did married him.”

 

Tying his dirty apron behind his waist, Jongin put on a brief smile on his face.

 

 “I hurt her before and I hurt her again that day. Even I, myself embarrassed to ask for forgiveness.”   

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan is confused. After Haru told him about she is going to divorce Sehun right when the baby is born, Luhan can’t say anything and abruptly leave the place. He don’t even enter the next class, leaving Haru to sit at her place alone. 

 

He should be happy right? Because finally Sehun is going to come back to him after one year. One year is not that long. He can wait for him. 

 

But why he is not feeling slightly happy at all? 

 

Why does he feel like he is the reason their upcoming baby will have a separate father and mother in the future? 

 

He wants to asked Haru just now but words seems like not getting out from his mouth. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Instead of going straight back home, Haru go back to her parent house. She is not feeling very well after her encounter with Luhan just now. Probably to stress from thinking about their situation. 

 

“Haru, what a surprise!” 

 

She looks up and saw her father smiling brightly at her. She too curved a smile and went froward to hugs her father. “Where’s Sehun?” Mr. Lee try to peek behind her searching for Sehun. “He didn’t come. I haven’t told him I’m coming here. I come straight from school.” 

 

Mr. Lee looks at her daughter and know something is bothering her. “Okay, come in. I was just about to prepare dinner. Can you have your dinner here?” 

 

“Arasseo.” 

 

Mr. Lee then went to the kitchen and takes out a cold honey lemon tea, “I made a drink today. Your favourite drink.” 

 

She smiles tiredly, “Thanks appa.” 

 

After their small conversation just now, Haru has gone upstairs to take a nap. Mr. Lee is worried, because his daughter is not the person who always keep things inside her. She is an outspoken girl, so seeing her being all gloomy just now is making him thinking whether she is unhappy with Sehun. He already texted his son in law telling him Haru is here in his house. 

 

He then goes back into the kitchen to prepare for dinner. 

 

 

 

 

After almost an hour, his front door bell rings. He stands up and walks to the front door. 

 

“Oh, Sehun.” The old man smiles. Sehun bows to him before enter the house. “Haru is here?” Mr. Lee nodded his head. “She is upstairs. Taking a nap.”

 

“Oh, okay. I’ll go check her out.” Immediately he skips to upstairs. 

 

Well, judging from Sehun, they look like they are fine with each other.  

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun gives a soft knock on the wooden door before turning the knob. His gaze turns soft when he saw his wife is sleeping soundly on her comfy bed. He puts his bag pack on the floor and immediately takes a seat on the bed. His long slender fingers softly caressing Haru cheek. Maybe the gestures makes her feels warmer because she scooted more to Sehun. 

 

He smiled before fixing his position and soon Sehun is lying on Haru side. He gently lifted her head and put it on his left arm. He knows Haru likes to sleep on his arm. It’s her personal pillow, she once said to him. When Haru snuggle closer to Sehun, her scent filled his nose. The sweet yet relaxing scent which are not produce by the perfume that her wife sprayed on her wrist everyday after shower. His fingers then run carelessly through Haru long hair. 

 

Sehun knows, Haru is missing her home. She is not just walk to here, she must be stress from the school and he frowned when he realised he can’t do anything except accompanying her to class everyday. The other part of him is wondering if Haru is not comfortable with their current home? 

Without he noticed, his eyes start to grow tired too and soon he follows Haru to the dreamland. 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Lee arrived home at 7:30pm sharp. She takes off her high heels before slips into her house slipper. Mr. Lee smiled when he saw his wife. Offering to take her briefcase, he then points upstairs. 

 

“Your daughter is upstair.” 

 

Mrs. Lee frowned. “What is she doing here? Doesn’t she has class tomorrow?”

 

“She came here alone after school. Well,” He sighed. “She seems like she is in trouble.” 

 

He then followed his wife enter their bed room, Mrs. Lee took off her coat before grabbing her towel. “Did Sehun come then?” 

 

He nodded. “He came shortly after I texted him. At first I thought that are having a fight but when I saw Sehun, I don’t think that’s the case.” 

 

“Well, let’s just see for ourselves during dinner. give me ten minutes.” 

 

 

 

Sehun squinted his eyes when he felt a soft tug on his arm. The lights on the ceiling really is blinding his eyes. He takes a deep breath before turning to his side, Haru is not sleeping on his arm anymore. He changes his position into sitting position and looked around the room. Soon, he hears the flushing sound inside the bathroom. 

 

Haru comes out from the bathroom, hair is messy like a mad woman and she is wiping her wet face. 

 

“Are you okay?” 

 

She nodded. “I vomit.” 

 

Just when Sehun wants to stands up, Haru turns towards the bathroom again before slamming the door, kneeled by the toilet and vomit again. 

 

Haru feels like her stomach is going to come out from soon. All the vomit activities that she got few days ago really tiring her. Just when the second wave of nauseous is coming up from , she felt a warm hand on her back, rubbing up and down, left and right, she wants to turn around but Sehun blocked her. 

 

“Just let it all out. I will be right here. ” 

 

Haru wants to reply but stops when the urge to throw up is coming again. Sehun is still kneeling beside her, holding her long hair up high and his other hand rubbing her back, giving her a sense of warmth spread over her body. 

 

 

 

 

“Hello umma.” Mrs. Lee scanned her only daughter face before leaned down and kissed her cheek. “You are pregnant but why you skinnier than before?” 

Sehun helps her to hold the chopsticks before he answers, “She keeps on having no appetite to eat. I know some husband feels burden with their wife ridiculous food craving but with Haru, I kinda want her to have one. She seems so easy with her pregnancy.” 

 

Mr. Lee smiles, he hands to each person a bowl of rice, “Don’t worry, she will eat a lot tonight. I cooked her favourite dish.” He then picks some vegetables and put it inside Haru bowl. “Appa will feed you a lot tonight. Eat a lot. You need to remember you are having another living human inside your stomach.” 

 

Haru warmly smiled, “Gumawo appa.” Sehun managed to ruffles her bangs before he picks a small piece of chicken and put it inside his mouth. 

 

“How’s school Haru?” Mrs. Lee asked. Suddenly the young couple halted from chewing their food. Haru glanced at Sehun before clears , “same as usual.” 

 

Mrs. Lee shot her a look which said why-I-can’t-believe-you, “Did they know you are married?” 

 

Haru nervously glanced at Sehun again. “Yes.” 

 

“How?”

 

“Rumours.” 

 

“I know we want to make it a secret but people has been talking. So I think, we can make a small event just for the sake to tell people, Haru and I were married. I’m just afraid people won’t stop talking. Some of their words are not nice to the ears.” 

 

Mrs. Lee nodded. “That is what I’m thinking too. I shall discuss with your parent soon.” 

 

 

 

“Why do you think they didn’t invite us to their wedding?”

 

Luhan ears perked up when he accidentally hear his classmates conversation. It’s still early in the morning, but some of the girls already gossiped with each other. Luhan always comes early than Haru nowadays. Well, he is actually avoiding bumping into the married couple, he don’t think he can bear with their happy images. 

 

“I heard Haru is pregnant someone’s child, so her parents beg Sehun to marry her.”

 

“Eyyyy… Sehun and Haru is not that kind of person.”

 

“Yeah, I agree. Haru is very nice person. You should know that about her. She is a tomato in front of the guys.”

 

“But, who knows? Remember during high school, that girl SooJung told everyone that Haru is stealing Jongin from her?” 

 

Luhan immediately loosens his tight grip on his pen when the name ‘Jongin’ came across. 

 

“Luhan.”

 

He turns his head towards the source of voice and saw the girl that bad mouthed Haru just now. 

 

“What?”

 

The girl stands up from her seat and quickly sit on the vacant seat beside him, which is Haru’s seat. 

 

“Haven’t you heard anything? On why Haru and Sehun didn’t make a grand wedding ceremony. I mean both of them are the only child in their family. You should know something. You are their best friend.” 

 

He narrowed his eyes immediately and the girl doesn’t know why but she can feel herself is shivering under the pretty boy hard glare. 

 

“I don’t appreciate you spreading stupid rumours about Haru and Sehun. They are my best friends.”

 

With that, he stands up, purposely slams his book on the table harshly, spare her his death glare before walking out from the class. 

 

Not long after Luhan left, Haru and Sehun reached the class with Sehun as her companion. After reminding him few things that need to be done at home since Sehun class ended early than her, she turns around after bidding her husband a simple goodbye. She can feels few pairs of eyes are staring at her and she wonder why. 

 

She didn’t know that everybody is choosing to believe about Haru is pregnant someone’s else child.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan is on his way back to his class when he accidentally bump to Sehun. 

 

“Luhan…”

 

“Hi Sehun…”

 

This is actually their first encounter after that night. Sehun looks at everywhere except his face. 

 

“Am I that ugly for you to refused looking at my face?” 

 

Luhan eyes and words clearly shows he is deeply hurt by Sehun actions and he -Sehun- of course know that is caused by him. 

 

“You know that is not the reason.”

 

Luhan scoffed. “I don’t know why I’m still here Sehun. It seems like we don’t have a happy ending anymore. I’m sick of this and I’m tired.” At that time, Luhan seriously don’t care if there are some people who actually listened to their conversation. “I’m tired battling with myself on choosing who should I hate. Whether is you or Haru that I should hate.” 

 

“Me. You should hate me. Haru is the victim in this case, Luhan. You know that.”

 

Everything that happened really make Luhan stress and to think that he doesn’t have anyone to vent out his anger and frustration only make him feel angry and lonely and sad. 

 

“We should break up.” Luhan whispered.

 

“What? No! Don’t break up with me, Luhan!” Sehun pleads. He runs his fingers on Luhan cheek. His eyes looks like he is about to cry, Luhan thought. And he bet he is the same because after that, Sehun said, “Don’t cry please.” 

 

Luhan then leaned forward and buried his face on Sehun’s sturdy chest. He feels it has been such a long time since he inhaled his boyfriend manly scent. Luhan managed to let out a smile when he feels Sehun arms wrapping his waist and the same time pulling him closer, as if telling Luhan, he will never let him go. 

 

Unknown to them, Haru is watching the scene with a happy smile plastered on her face. 

 

 

 

 

 

Ailee’s note: I update because of a reason and I think you can find out the reason if you visit my profile page! ^^ This is my present although it's not very much. Here is 4th July already. teehee!