54

Friend's Matters

 

Walking passed the glass door, Jongin couldn’t get more any frustrated when the elevator suddenly took a long time to reach the G floor. He is late and constantly reminded by his personal assistant is not making him feel any better. 

 

It all happened because of the football games that he played with Daniel last night. They both wake up late for school and office as the consequences. 

 

“Football again Kai?”

 

He smirked. Only one person will call his nickname beside his ex-wife. He turns around to greet the lady. “Yes Luna.” The lady giggle. It always a fun thing to teases him. 

 

 

“I put a cup of hot black coffee on top of your desk and already ask the nanny to pick up Daniel clothes from the laundry.”

 

“. I forgot about that.” Luna nodded and makes a funny face.

 

Kai laughed and hugs her one arm, “Thanks Luna. You are a life saver.”

 

 

 

 

Finished with his meeting, Kai walks to his room and plopped on the comfortable leather couch inside his room. Loosing his tie, he closed his pair of eyes. Just when he wants to adjust his position to a more comfortable position, his phone rings. Peeking at the number, he answers it. 

 

“Mr. Kim?”

 

“Speaking.”

 

“I’m calling from Toronto Hospital.”

 

Immediately he changes his position to sitting position. “Okay. May I know what is this all about?” 

 

“I think I better give the phone to someone you know.”

 

“Who-”

 

“Jongin.”

 

Jongin almost drop his phone upon hear the voice. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun is staring at the blank TV for a long time before Haru come out from the bathroom and saw he is staring at the same place just like before she stepped into the bathroom half an hour ago.

 

“Sehun, are you okay?”

 

“Yeah.” He pursed his lips. 

 

She grabs a bottle of cold water inside the fridge before hand it to him. “You are not worrying about Daniel aren't you?” She laughed. Because usually Sehun is always happy go lucky and always keep on teasing her about everything. 

 

Like when she is making breakfast and Sehun purposely turn the toaster dial from two minutes to five minutes, making the bread shiny black like the dress that Sehun got her two days before. 

 

He also sometimes purposely switched off the lights when she is in the toilet as he knows, she is quite afraid of the dark. after the yelling and cursing, he will laughed like an idiot.

 

“Of course I’m worried. I’m about to ask him to let me get married to you. Don’t you think that’s something I should be worried about?”

 

Haru pats his shoulder and peck him on the cheek. “Daniel is going to say yes. Don’t worry.”

 

Sehun still don’t feel relieved hearing that. 

 

 

 

 

”Are you serious this time?" 

 

Mrs. Lee and Mrs Oh look at them both with disbelieve eyes. 

 

"Yup. We are." Sehun flashes his killer smile, hoping that somehow they will fall to him. Haru sits uncomfortably under their mother hard gazes. 

 

"I'm having a feeling you are making this marriage thingy like some kind of joke." 

 

Haru quickly said no. "We don't. It just finally we can be together and -" 

 

"Yeah, really really really together." Sehun smirked while emphasizing the word 'really'. 

 

Both of the mothers look at each other while Haru covered her face in embarrassment. 

 

 

 

 

Although their parent had given their blessing but what Haru most worried about is his son. At first she doesn't thought that as a concern , but after she saw Sehun worry face , things start to get in her head. How is she going to tell Daniel that the person who always play with him will become his father? 

 

"Kai?" 

 

"If you want to talk with Daniel, he went out with my mother to the saloon just now. They are getting a haircut." 

 

"No, it's okay. I need your opinion and your help actually." 

 

She heard Kai slightly laughed from the other side of the phone. “Why are you laughing?” “Ani, it’s a little weird that you are asking me a favor. What is it?”

 

“I’m getting married, to Sehun.”

 

Immediately Kai stops from laughing. He had expected for this announcement, but why does it still feel hurt when he imagines her walking down the aisle towards Sehun? 

 

I’m still in love with you, Lee Haru. 

 

Okayyy…He sighed. “How can I help you?” 

 

Haru glanced at the bathroom door before stepping at the balcony. The chilly wind make her has a goosebumps but she still wants to stay outside. She nervously plays with her fingers. 

 

“I don’t know how to tell this to Daniel. The hyung that always play with him suddenly will become his second father.” Kai clears his throat at the mention of ‘second father’. “You know what I mean. So.. how do you think I should tell him, Kai ah?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the hospital alley, one man is holding a bouquet of flower in his right hand while his left hand holding a piece of brown envelope. For the past a year and a half, Toronto General Hospital has become his second home. 

 

Opening the white door, he smiles when he see his wife on the sick bed. “Soojung, my wife, I’m here.”

 

Putting the fresh flower on the table, he took the vase and throw away the old flower. After replacing the water, he then put the fresh flower inside the vase. Luhan put the vase on top of the bedside table. 

 

Taking a seat beside the bed, he holds his wife hand. “Soojung ah. How are you today? I just finished my painting that’s why I come here late. I’m sorry.” He runs his fingers along her long hair.

 

“I received another letter from Haru.” Luhan tears the top of the envelope to let the white piece of paper come out. He unfolds it and smile upon seeing few pictures that Haru slid inside. 

 

 

“Dear Soojung and Luhan,

 

    It’s has been a long time since I write to you isn’t it?  Well it's your fault. Why you don't want to tell me your whereabouts? like that I will not have to trouble myself writing to you. 

 

As you had known from Jongin, I already married to Sehun for almost five months already. I don't know what should I say to you, thank you for giving me the chance to be together with Sehun or I'm sorry for taking Sehun away from you. Nevertheless, I deeply apologize to you, Luhan. For all of my wrongdoings. 

 

How's Soojung? Is she getting any better? It's have been years since I last saw her. I hope she is getting better and one day when she is ready to meet me, we will spend the time together. I don't blamed her for my loss anymore. Whatever happens in the past, I already let go of it. I don't want Soojung to wake up and feels guilty anymore. I'm here with Sehun and Daniel too. Also, right now I'm two weeks pregnant. Pray for me Luhan. 

 

The pictures that I give you is during my wedding day. We didn't make any grand wedding  but honestly I feel bad for Sehun because that is his first time however he is determined to invite only our close friends. Jongin came during that day and that's the day when I got to know about Soojung is in the hospital right now and the fact you are married to her. 

 

Luhan, somehow you have become tangled with our business and never once I stop on being guilty for dragging you into this mess. I don't know why you marry to Soojung when the one that you love is Sehun. On the first day, you should have told me about Soojung so that I can take care of her after her mom dies. Please Luhan, tell me where you are. I need to see both of you. 

 

The remaining pictures are Daniel pictures and some of it during his 8th birthday party. Jongin mother wants to do it because he had been accepted in the football team as the center player. Daniel had told me you have talked to him once on the telephone so I thought you would like to see how he looks like. I must say he looks like Jongin more than me and their behavior also the same. I almost feel like I gave birth to another Jongin. Right now he is staying with his father and will only come to Seoul during his holidays. Even that I couldn't spend many time with him as he always sticks to Sehun like a glue! 

 

I, one again included my address and please Luhan, call me or maybe reply my letters. I miss both of you. Kiss Soojung for me. 

 

XOXO, 

 

Haru

 

 

Luhan put the first picture in front of Soojung, "even in the letter I can imagine she is nagging at us." Luhan chuckled at the wedding picture of Sehun and Haru in front of her. Oh Sehun looked so handsome in his white tuxedo while Haru looks so beautiful in her white wedding dress. "They looked beautiful and very happy. I'm sure you are happy for them too right?" His eyes fitted to Soojung who is still not wake up from three months of coma. 

 

Luhan still remembers that day, the day when Soojung arrives in front of his house soaked with rain and cries badly. He was so freaked out at that time. 

 

"Krystal, what happen? Why are you like this?" Luhan puts the thick blanket around her and wrapped her body with it while he hugs her too, sharing his body warmth with her. 

 

However that girl don't say anything. She kept staring straight into the space and refused to eat anything nor drink anything. Luhan let her stay at his house that night. 

 

In the middle of the night, Soojung wakes up and cries again. Luhan heard the sobbing sound and rushes into his room where Soojung slept. 

 

"You are worrying me right now Krystal. Please say something on why are you behaving like this?" 

 

That's when she stares straight into his eyes. 

 

"Cancer, stage four. Doctor said I only have one year left to live."

 

 

 

During that time, Soojung has been through with so many obstacles. Due to Luhan constantly begging her, she finally agreed to see the therapist and undergoes the treatment. Although the percentage of her fully recovered from the sickness is not over than five percent but Luhan wants her to try. 

 

"Please don't give up before you undergone the treatment. Who knows you might get well?"

 

Soojung sadly smiles and she refused to look at Luhan eyes. She knows how kind Luhan is to stay by her side even at times like this. She doesn't want to see his eyes because she knows she will nods her eyes because everything about him soothes her. He also makes her think that she can get well from this sickness and she will end up conquer the world. 

 

In the past years, many had happened to her. She lost her father and now she only have Luhan by her side. 

 

"I think this is my punishment for making Haru and Sehun suffered." Luhan silenced. "I still have so many things that I want to do Luhan. I want to travel, I want to get married, have many children and grew old wih my partner until our last breath. I haven't gone out for a date." She cries. The strong and hard headed Soojung or Krystal that he knew all this time crumbled in front of him. 

 

She lost her mother and few days after that, she got to know she has cancer. Soojung is so sure this is the way that God wants to punish her. 

 

 

 

"Daniel!" 

 

Sehun laughed when he saw how Daniel tries to picks up his little sister, Oh Hyemi. The one year old little girl smiles brightly when she saw Sehun is approaching them. Probably she doesn't feel so comfortable with her brother. 

 

"Kim Daniel, how many times should I tell you, don't pick your little sister like that. She will end up falling on the floor." Haru pinches Daniel cheek playfully. Daniel pouts at first but laugh when Haru starts to tickles him. 

 

Sehun picks up Hyemi before walks to them both. "Have you done packing?" Haru nodded. "I just need to print out Daniel check in flight ticket." 

 

"Good." He kissed her cheek. 

 

"Well, Daniel. I hope you will come back soon okay. Next time we will go to Jeju Island. There's so many places I want to take you and I'm very sure you like it." 

 

Sehun with Hyemi hand wrapped around his neck and Daniel walk towards the kitchen, leaving Haru alone in the living room. 

 

"Heol" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is so sudden!! I know!!! I will do an Epilogue or something to wrap this story properly. I'm so sorry for the long time hiatus! I already back from Seoul one months ago and have post travel depression ever since. It's real guys!