23

Friend's Matters

Lee Haru POV

 

 

 

After Jinki shows us the picture that apparently has been spread like a wildfire over the campus, I just left both of them there. 

 

I’m walking to my locker when I noticed that students at the hallway keep glancing at me in a very obvious manner. It’s very weird for me because before this, nobody seems to notice the ‘graphic nerd’ and suddenly today, all eyes on me. 

 

Is it me or they really do watching my every steps? 

 

I quickly grab my books and locked my locker before rush to my class. 

 

And things are getting weirder in class because my lecturer suddenly ask about whether the rumour about me and Sehun is true. 

 

“What is wrong with Sehun and me? There are still a lot of CC.”

 

 

 

End of POV

 

 

Few of her classmates that are close with her turn around when they heard she said that. 

 

“What?”

 

“You seriously ask that?”

 

She nodded her head. 

 

“Yah! Did you forget the fact that Sehun once was voted as the most handsome guy in the campus? Even the freshman know about this.”

 

Haru scoffed, “But that is two years ago. Why are they still going on about that?”

 

Sure she knows about that. At that time they were the freshman and when they are attending a campus event, suddenly Sehun was called on the stage. Turns out Sehun is voted as the most handsome guy in the campus and both of them not even realised that Sehun is nominated. Because of that, since that day, Oh Sehun has been known as the most popular guy in campus but what people don’t know that, that day also has become the day where Oh Sehun has turned into a more cold guy. 

 

“No Lee Haru, the contest is still going on until this moment. It just that he never bothered to attend on the price giving ceremony.”

 

Haru is stunned. “Why I never know about that? When are you girls vote him? I never saw you girls went somewhere other than the cafeteria.” 

 

One of the girls answers, “Because the contest is actually an online contest. Only the nominees and the winner will get an email about their involvement. I bet you never bother to open up our school website aren’t you?” 

 

Haru shook her head. “Sehun always update me if they are some news.” 

 

“See?”

 

Another girl continues, “The other reason is because he never let us to tell you about the event. Whenever the campus event is coming up, he always asked us to keep you occupied so that you won’t noticed what actually happen around here. He hates it when people recognised you and use you to help some girls give their fan letters to him.”

 

“That is why he never bothered to read any of the girls letters.”

 

He did that for me? 

Why I never knew about that? 

Wow, what a way to be his best friend, Lee Haru. 

 

 

After class end, she received a message from Sehun asking her to wait for him since he needs to see his professor. Both of their class end at the same time today, which is at four pm. She then remembered last night Jongin said his class starts at four pm. Checking on her wrist watch, she still got about ten minutes to see Jongin and then she can go back. By that time, Sehun probably is on his way to his car. 

 

 

 

 

 

Standing under a big shady tree near the students parking lot, Haru can see Jongin car is coming towards her direction. She smiles happily because her plan on seeing him before he gets to class is success. Fixing her checkered shirt, she then walks to Jongin car which already perfectly parked beside Sehun’s car. 

 

“Hi Kkamjong!” She waved happily. 

 

Jongin gets out from his car, close his door before opening the back seat door to grabs his bag pack. He closes the door before turning around, greeted by Haru happy face. 

 

However, judging from his expression, Haru can see he is not very happy to see her. 

 

“W-what’s wrong?” She takes one step forward to him, and when Jongin takes one step backward, Haru holds his wrist. “Can you please tell me what’s wrong?” 

 

She saw him sighed, “Let me go Haru, I’m going to be late for my class.” 

 

Haru is not going to let him go just like that, not caring if he really is going to be late for his class. She takes one step forward and now her face is only few inches away from his chest. 

 

“Back off Haru, I don’t want people think that you are cheating on your boyfriend.” 

 

With that, Haru let go of her grip on his wrist. Jongin obviously has seen the picture.

 

“I c-can explain. I-”

 

“What Haru? That you are playing with my heart?” 

 

She looked up and stared Jongin eyes. She has seen that gaze before and she never though she will saw it again today. The gaze that Jongin is giving her right now is the same gaze that he gave during Soojung told him about who is the person that keep replying his email. 

 

Kim Jongin is hurt, and it’s because of her again. 

 

“No. Kai, listen to me.” She placed her both hand on Jongin both arms. “I will tell you everything. But please don’t think that I’m playing with your heart. You know how I feel about you.” 

Haru can definitely feels her eyes are getting teary and Jongin saw it too, she is sure because Jongin eyes widened for a brief moment. This is not what she has imagined before. She never thought that her little lies with Sehun will end up the whole school about them. 

 

“Oh really Lee Haru? Because after I saw the picture, I’m not really sure what do you feels about me anymore. Or it’s my fault in the first place, letting my heart played by you?”

 

Breaking his right arm from Haru grip, Jongin pushes her other hand. 

 

“I wonder how many secrets that you still have and are not willing to share with me because I thought you love me enough, enough to share your secrets with me.”

 

I do love you

 

Knowing he will not going to focus on his class today, Jongin unlock his car and throw his bag inside, looking at Haru for the last time, he gets inside the car and drive away. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun checked his wrist watch, “, Haru is totally going to rip off my head.” He starts to run to the parking lot hoping he will save his head this time. However, once he is there, he don’t see her there. 

 

 

“Mwo ya, I run for nothing?”

 

Checking left and right for her presence, Sehun then notices that on his car window got a post-it note. Seeing the font, he already knew who wrote that. 

 

 “You are late. I’m going off first. The girls are taking me to Patbingsoo store.”

 

He grinned before ripping the post-it note and threw it at the nearest dust bin. Unlocking his car, he threw his bag at the backseat before gets in at the driver side. He knew which patbingsoo store is Haru mentioned just now. He is going to get her. 

 

However, there’s a sudden knock on the car window by the passenger side making he halted from reversing his car. 

 

He turns to his right and saw his boyfriend, Luhan is waving at him. Shocked, he quickly gets out from the car and run to his side. 

 

 

 

 

“Hey!! I thought you are going to come back tomorrow.” 

 

Luhan went forward and hugs Sehun. Smilingly, Sehun returns his hug, not caring if people actually saw him doing that. 

 

“Sehun,” Luhan said after he let go of his boyfriend. “What is this?” Sehun eyes move from staring at his eyes to Luhan phone. 

 

“That….” 

 

“I saw this yesterday and I couldn’t even stay a day longer because I want an explanation about this. I don’t think best friend do this to each other, Sehun.” Luhan speaks a little bit louder than usual. 

 

“Luhan, I-” His phone suddenly rings. “Hold on, please.” He makes the pushing forward gestures towards Luhan before taking out his phone. Seeing the familiar name on his screen, Sehun answers. 

 

“Haru,” Luhan squinted his eyes and Sehun immediately feels guilty for answering the phone call, “ I don’t think this is the good time to-”

 

“Yoboseyo, is this Oh Sehun? I saw your name at her recent contact list.”

 

His eyes widened, he never heard of this guy voice before and Haru is not a person who simply let people touch her phone. “Who is this?” His voice sounds dangerous. 

 

“Your friend fainted just now. Now we are waiting for the ambulance to take her to the hospital.” 

 

“TELL ME, WHERE IS SHE NOW?!”