11

Friend's Matters

“Haru yah, what are you going to do this break?” Mr. Lee who is peeling the pear fruit skin expertly asked when they are watching Music Bank on the TV. It’s Friday, two days after they have ended their finals. 

 

Haru shrugged. “I’m still waiting for Sehun to call me and tell me his plan. I doubt he wants to go fishing again this time.” She chuckled then Mr. Lee joins her. Sehun incident with the fish is the best in her mind. Because last time when they went for a fishing trip, Haru ended up caught a lot of fish compared to Sehun who caught none. He didn’t eat fish for a week because of that. 

 

Talking about Sehun, she realised, after their dinner that night, she hasn’t seen him since. 

 

Busy with Luhan maybe?

 

 

Sehun is actually hiding in his room. He hasn’t call anyone yet, which mean he also didn’t call Luhan. Why you ask? Well, it’s because of his mother. 

 

“Have you seen anyone recently?” 

 

Hearing that question, Sehun immediately froze. “What do you mean?” 

 

Mrs. Oh smiles, “My friend saw you and someone hugging at the park. she said you both seems too friendly with each other. if you understand what I meant by that.”

 

Saw? Saw me and Luhan? Oh no. 

 

“Does she told you who she saw me with?” 

 

His mother shook her head. “She said she didn’t saw who is the lucky girl.” 

 

It’s not a girl but a man, it’s Luhan. 

 

Sehun really wants to let out a relieved breath but somehow he is being skeptical. How can his mother friend didn’t saw Luhan? Or his mom purposely hid the fact? 

 

“So, do you?” 

 

He couldn’t help but to nodded his head. “Really?” Mrs. Oh raised an eyebrow. “But you never told us.” He tried to smile but he can’t. “We still in getting know each other phase.” He mentally face palmed himself. 

 

you don’t back hug that person if you still in getting know each other phase.

 

“Well, when you want to bring the girl to meet us?” She smiled, “I’m so excited because this is the first time you have another girl besides Haru.” 

 

“Haru?” Sehun asked. 

 

 

And now, he actually have a crazy plan in his mind. He just hope Luhan and Haru support his idea. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Can we meet?” 

 

Haru raised an eyebrow when she read the message. But since she didn’t do anything at home today, she replied a simple ‘yes’ before gets up from her bed to change into her favourite checkered shirt and black skinny jeans to match with her red converse. 

 

 

Entering the small restaurant at Apgujeong, Haru eyes quickly search for the person that text her just now. 

 

“Haru, here!” The guy raised his hand. He smirk when he saw Haru wiggled her nose before walking to him. “Hello.” He greeted. 

 

“Hi. What’s the matter?” 

 

Kai pinched her nose. “I can only see you when I have matter?” She lightly tap Kai’s hand. “Don’t do that again. I will smack your head if you do that.” She glares and stops when the waiter place a menu in front of her. 

 

He chuckled before browsing through the menu too. 

 

 

Finished eating, Haru still sit in front of him. “You want to meet just to accompany you eat?” Kai shook his head. “I want you to finish eat first before I tell you something.” She nodded her head. “Okay, I’m finished. Shoot me.” 

 

“I don’t have the heart to shoot you.” She rolled her eyes. “Seriously kkamjong, just tell me what is it.” 

 

“And I have told you before, don’t call me kkamjong. that’s insulting.” He lightly pinched Haru hand. She just chuckled lightly. “But seriously though, what do you want to tell me?” 

 

She saw him take a deep breath before released it, then he looks straight at Haru pair of eyes. “Lee Haru, I want us to continue what we left before.”

 

Her eyes widened. 

 

“I… I…”

 

Kai reached out for her hand. Placing on her hand and giving out the comfortable feeling. Surprisingly, Haru didn’t feel bothered at all. 

 

“You don’t have to answer me right now. You-”

 

“Don’t you think this is kind of sudden?” She cuts him. Looking down on their hand, she can feels Kai’s thumb caressing hers. 

 

“And don’t you know how am I? I’m a man who like to think throughly before making any decision. You know that.” She nodded her head. “I already thought about us so many times before I’ve decided to tell you today.” 

 

She looks up to him, handsome Kim JongIn. 

 

“I like you. Let me be your only Kai again. Let me feel that happiness again.” 

 

Deep down, she knows her crush towards this kkamjong guy never dies. It has been few years but still this kkamjong managed to make her heart goes dugun dugun. She admired almost all of his qualities. From being an obedient son to a good friend. During high school, kkamjong is Mr. Popular not because of his looks only, but because he is a student where he gets along with everyone. 

 

If she accepts him, what will Sehun say? She needs to ask him beforehand because he is the one who helped her getting through that miserable moment before whereas Kai just left her alone. Sehun who is the one who mend her broken heart and back her up when her female classmates ing on her. 

 

“But what about me?” 

 

“What about you?”

 

“You only think about your happiness but not mine?” 

 

Kai immediately shook his head. “That is not what I meant. If we are together Haru, I promise that I will be good to you. Although that will not make you forget all the past incident but at least you will have something nice to reminisce when you suddenly thought of me.” He smiles. “Admit it, what we have before is too precious to throw away.” 

 

She agrees to the fact and nodded her head. “But that can’t be the reason for me to welcome you in my life again.” Haru pulls back her hand but still maintain eye contact with him. “You throw me away before, Kai. and Sehun is the one who picks up the broken me. He help me mend my broken heart. if you sincerely like me, you will not simply throw me away just like that.” 

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it to be like that. You have to understand what I felt back then. I was cheated by SooJung and you so how did you expect me to react?”

 

Kai can see Haru eyes getting teary and he starts to panic. This is not what he planned before. He bravely put his hand on Haru cheek and using his thumb, he caressed her cheek. 

 

“Don’t cry for me please. I had enough of your tears.” 

 

 

 

Sehun is wearing his winter jacket ready to go out. He feels suffocated when he stay at home so he decided to take a night walk just to ease his mind. But when he opens his gate, he is shocked to see Haru standing there alone, leaning on his brick wall. 

 

“Haru. what are you doing here alone? why don’t you go up?” he pointed to his door. 

 

Haru turns to him. “Sehun ah..”

 

Sehun quickly stand close with Haru. “What happened?” She didn’t say anything but launched herself to hug her close friend. When her skin come in contact with him, he gasped. “Yah! for how long did you stay here? you are freezing! come, let’s go inside!” 

 

 

Sehun is stirring the warm milk by the sink worriedly while he occasionally will glance to Haru who is staring into the space by the kitchen counter. Many thoughts have entered his mind but none seems logic enough to make his Lee Haru goes into depression. 

 

After pouring the milk into two glasses, Sehun bring it and placed it in front of Haru and him. “Yah, drink it first. you are freezing.”  When Haru seems like she didn’t intend to take a sip, he sighed then feed her, placing the glass at her lips, Haru slowly gulps down the warm milk. Sehun indeed make the best milk in town. 

 

“Now can you tell me what happen? because seriously Haru, I had never seen you like this ever since JongIn’s case  -wait,” Sehun grabs Haru hand, “you met him don’t you? what does he want?” 

 

“He wants to be together with me.” 

 

Sehun eyes went wide. “What?! Seriously?! That still have the urge to ask you back?” His hold on Haru hand become tighter. “So what do you tell him? You can’t possibly said yes don’t you?” 

 

He waits patiently for her answer and sighed in relieved when he saw her shook her head. 

 

“But Sehun,” she looks at him. “I was sooooo close to say yes. I still like him. Ottoke Sehun ah???” Haru then burst into tears while Sehun buried Haru in his embrace. 

 

JongIn is enjoying his meals with his group of friends at the cafeteria when suddenly Sehun come to him and push away his tray of food. 

 

“Yah! Oh Sehun!”

 

He grabs JongIn collar harshly, making few female students shrieked. Few of JongIn friends stand up, ready to jump if Sehun decided to do something.

 

“Don’t yah me you !” Sehun then let go of JongIn collar. “How dare you to treat Haru like that in front of everyone huh?!” 

 

“Let me tell you something you , when one day you have learned the truth, trust me, there’s no way I will let you come close to her. She is innocent in this case. Just ask that manipulative SooJung whose fault in this case? If she didn’t ask Haru, this thing will not happen. And to think that Haru said you are a good guy.” 

 

He then spits on JongIn’s shoes. 

 

“Good guy my !” 

 

 

Sehun buried his face on Haru hair while she stills sobbing on his chest. It’s his fault for spending too much time with Luhan until he forgot about Haru and JongIn. 

 

He knows how much Haru like that guy and he didn’t do anything to prevent her from seeing him again after he knew that guy is in town. 

 

“Oh Haru, I’m sorry for neglecting you.” 

 

He kissed on top of her head before running his hand on Haru back.   

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Comments pretty please?