Dance Partners

It Takes Two

[Seungri POV]

Even if I’ve been on the dance floor for only a few minutes, I’ve already become the center of attention thanks to my moves. People cleared the dance floor and watched me from the sidelines, cheering me on. That only made my confidence and energy boost up.

As another fast beat, hip-hop song starts playing, the crowds start clapping along the loud beating. I smile as I start, feeling my body move freely. I love dancing; it’s practically my whole life. I met my hyungs ever since I was in middle school. Talent scouts found out that we made a group called Big Bang, just the five of us. Us, as Big Bang, joined talent shows at schools and dominated everybody else. Obviously seeing the potential in us, we got in to one of the most prestigious private schools: YG High. But since all of us are close, we call ourselves the YG Family.

“Whoo! Lee Seungri! Lee Seungri!” I hear the crowds chant. As I pause, doing a pose for charismatic effect, I spot my hyungs leading the chant, already looking high. I laugh and continue to move my body with ease.

After a while, I start to feel sweat trail down my forehead and chin. As the song ends, I do a spin and bow. Flawless, I would say. I hear the crowd erupt in applause as I make my way back to my hyungs. I sit down and watch the dance floor get filled with people once again. I grab whatever drink was on the table and look at it.

“Is this water?” I ask my hyungs. They share a look and smile, nodding at me. With a shrug, I take in one gulp then start coughing as I feel the same hot streaming sting flow down my throat. “That’s not water! What is that thing?” I exclaim.

Daesung hyung laughs and pats my back. “That’s vodka, dear maknae. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’d get really drunk soon since you took a hell of a large sip.”

I smack my lips and shake my head, already feeling light-headed. I smile lazily. “It could be taking effect right now.” I mutter.

I lean my head back and close my eyes, hearing the music, the chatter, and the laughs mixing into one. I groan. No alcohol for me. Seriously, how do the hyungs drink it so easily without puking it all out afterwards?

~O~O~

[Heawon POV]

“Oh my god! Do you see that guy over there in that corner with his friends? The one with the Mohawk? Jesus! He’s looks so hot!” Charlotte shouts over the music. I briefly glance at the guy then continue to swirl my wine in the cup. This is really boring. I hate going to clubs. I don’t see how people find it exciting. Maybe that’s probably all the alcohol taking effect on them that they exaggerate about it too much… Either that or they do something else to make it more fun.

I shudder and focus on my hyper friends. They seem to be talking about that group of guys in that corner. From what I see, there’s a little sign that says Big Bang, but I’m not sure if I can see right with all these lights blinding me.

“You think he’s hot? Look at that guy with the long black hair. God, his eyes can just burn a hole through you! Plus, oh my god, he’s tall and lean. My type of guy.” EunMi says, her lips seductively as she and the guy make eye contact.

I see Mi Sun shake her head rapidly. “I call that smiling one. Seriously, you just can’t deny that angelic smile. Seeing him smile like that make me think he doesn’t fit in this kind of environment, but yet he’s drinking like he’s dying of thirst. So cute~” She coos.

I roll my eyes and stand up from the stool on the bar. I stretch my legs out, feeling the familiar ache from all my dancing before. I hear someone wolf-whistle at me. I turn around and see a group of guys eyeing my bare long legs. I roll my eyes once more and turn towards my friends. I look at the time on my phone and see that it’s already 1 a.m. I fake a yawn.

“Look, I’m gonna head out now.” I tell my friends over the music.

They gape at me. “Come on, Heawon!” Mi Sun yells. “You’ve stayed longer last time!”

I shake my head. “Exactly. I don’t want to waste my whole day tomorrow in bed, being lazy. You know I need to rest my legs.” I say. My legs are one of the most important things I worry about. If I love dancing then I need to take care of my body.

“But—“

“Hello.”

All of us turn our heads at the voice. My friends giggle as I raise an eyebrow at the guy. “Can I help you?” I say, already not interested.

~O~O~

[Author POV]

“Do you want to dance?” He asks Heawon.

“I can’t dance.” She lies. Her friends gape at her lie, obviously showing that they really want to slap her silly. They may be drunk, but they know a cute guy once they see one. And this one is no exception.

“I could always show you.” He grins.

“No, thanks. I’m not interested.” She rolls her eyes.

Heawon watches as the guy his head to the side. Heawon can’t help but to smile slightly at his face. Even if she really isn’t interested, she finds the guy cute. He grabs her hand unexpectedly and pulls her to the dance floor anyway, surprising her. He leads her to the center of the dance floor and places both of her hands on his shoulders. After that, he pulls her close by the waist, the look in the girl’s eyes giving him the confidence.

“Just sway along with the music then. Anyone can dance.” He murmurs in her ear. A smile slowly creeps up on her face. She closes her eyes and starts moving her hips along the music, telling herself to let go just for tonight.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: One more thing! If you've read my other stories with the other Big Bang members as the main, you might have realized that Heawon's friends are the girls who were the female mains in in my other stories. I just thought I'd point that out ^_^

Anyway, I hope everything is going smoothly so far. Comment? (: