Opponent's Mockery

It Takes Two

 

A/N: Hello there! I know I usually do my author's note after the chapter, but this chapter involves real dancing. So, continue reading, but refer back to this author's note whenever it's the groups turn to dance. You'll understand once you keep reading!

Miss A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sbxb_7Rl8g

Minzy Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1G82wFM7CM

2NE1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VC4Av1OLis

2PM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiqcMF7rXdA

----------------------------------------------------

[Heawon POV]

“Do you… Do you know each other?” Someone asks, having the guts to speak up.

Chansung smiles wider at me, his eyes never leaving mine. My body… it refuses to move. I can’t freeze like this; I can’t be like this. Why? I thought I was better than this.

“No.” He says. “No, we don’t.”

My breath catches up in my throat at his response. Liar. You stupid liar was what I wanted to snap at him. I mentally scoff and tighten my fists.

“Well then, we’ll start introducing ourselves.” The one with the deep voice intercepts. “I’m Taecyeon from 2PM.”

“I’m Chansung from 2PM.” He says, keeping his eyes on me. I grit my teeth together. I know that look in his eyes. He’s challenging, challenging me to speak up about our past relationship. I dig my nails into the palm of my hands. Our eyes stay locked on each other as his teammates introduce themselves.

“So, let’s cut all this tension, shall we?” Wooyoung speaks up, clapping his hands. “Introductions are alright, but how about we show who we really are through dance, eh?”

He smirks at me. “Let’s do this.” He says. He turns around and goes all the way to the end of the room. Our group steps back to the other side and watches, anticipating.

The 2PM boys bow and gesture for the girls to go first. Happily and almost in a snobby way, they strut forward to the middle. They pose and wait for the singer to sing. I quickly go in between the 2NE1 girls. Bom locks arms with me and they all stare at me, obviously thinking they’re not prepared enough to do this “dance battle”.

“Focus and watch their moves.” I murmur to them. They train their eyes on the others and I squint, my whole attention on their bodies. The beats start streaming out of the speakers. Fingers by Pink are playing. Halfway through, the song fades and another song comes up. I instantly recognize it as well, Rule breaker by Ashley Simpson. Not able to hide my distaste, I scrunch up my nose. It’s too ual for me. The song ends and they strike another pose. Nevertheless, I clap along with everyone else.

“Your turn.” Junho sings from across the room. “Oh wait, are you guys even prepared?” He snobbishly adds.

I step up and pull out a CD from behind my back. I hear the girls softly gasp behind me. Yeah, I didn’t tell anybody I had a plan. With things like this, I’m always prepared. “Actually, we just have a special soundtrack of our own.” I smirk. I stride over, brushing pass Miss A. They stare at me with accusing eyes as I toss their CD aside and replace it with my own.

I still have that burned CD YG gave me when I asked for a copy of all the YG artist’s songs. Why not? It’s more intimidating for the other side anyway. I switch it to track 5, but pause it as another idea comes to mind. I did say Minzy is okay all on her own right? I pull out my iPod and choose one of Minzy’s favorite songs.

Imma be, Imma be~

I turn around and meet Minzy’s eyes. I gesture her to come out with a stern look on my face, in professional mode. I’m sure these YG High students know me well enough after all the vigorous practicing I gave them almost everyday. Minzy steps up and catches a hat I told YoungBae to give to her. She locks eyes with me before turning around, her back towards the other groups. I smile proudly. I caught a glimpse of her confidence.

I watch Minzy and Miss A at the same time, surveying her moves and their expressions. They sure do know how to keep a poker face. Just about when the song ends, I quickly change it to the other song I paused. Loud beats play and I see realization light up my girls’ eyes. I lock eyes with Seungri, silently telling him to do something. Soon enough, he nods and starts pulling out four chairs out to the middle in a line.

Hey, pretty boy.

Almost instantly, the girls take their places and catch up with the song like we practiced. I smile as I watch them until they finish proudly. I give them nods of approval as they place the chairs back with deep breaths and linger in the back. Nickhun and Miss A politely clap. I softly smile. They aren’t that bad.

“Nice performance, but you really think they win that way?” Taecyeon interrupts. My smile falls. Well, some of them don’t seem too bad. Not wanting to give him satisfaction, I keep my smile once more.

“It’s not over yet. All I’m seeing right now is all talk. What is it you boys called us over here? I’m hearing, but not seeing.” I say politely, actually sneering at them in my head. Oh yeah, I’m completely competitive. It’s in my blood.

Junsu glares while Taecyeon scoffs. “You don’t know what you’re messing with, cutie.” Taecyeon smirks, winking at me. On the other side of the room, I distinctly hear someone growl, but I don’t give a second thought as Chansung walks up to me. Without realizing, I hold my breath. He stands next to me, facing the stereo while I face the open space. At the corner of my eyes, I see him arrogantly smirk as he tosses my CD on the bench and replace it with their own.

“Nice to know you’re still competitive.” He murmurs to me.

I don’t reply and keep a straight face. I cross my arms across my chest and really wish I could step away from him. I feel my jaw clench as I suddenly smell his familiar scent; the scent that used to make me fall to my knees. I clench my hands into fists.

I hear him slightly chuckle under his breath before he presses play. Melodies and beats come out of the speakers. Low by Flo Rida plays. I watch his friends walk towards the middle and get into position. Chansung turns around and I feel his scent become stronger as he leans down to my ear. I have the sudden urge to close my eyes, to breathe in that strong scent. My mind goes back to that time where we were backstage, waiting for our turn to compete at the age of sixteen. I just want to face him and—

My eyes meet Seungri’s.

The look in his eyes: the look of pure determination and strength. He’s giving me strength. He knows I had a past with Chansung. I knew he would get an inkling of it. Seungri looks at me, glances at Chansung, then stares back at me. He wants to get rid of him. At the back of my mind, I mentally smile.

But then Chansung whispers in my ear, “You just made the competition more exciting for me.”

---------------------------------------------

A/N: It's about time, right?! Haha, I sincerely apologize that I haven't updated in weeks. Believe me: I've been itching to log into AFF almost everyday T_T BUT, prepare for a massive update!

Now, care to comment and help me make sure I didn't lose your interest? (: