Day Off

It Takes Two

 

[Heawon POV]

“Don’t you dare go through that!” I scream, laughing in the process. I grip onto the cart’s bar and hope my feet are still on the bottom bar.

Seungri’s laugh echoes in my ears and his warm breath hits my neck. His hands are warm on mine as he grips tighter as well. The continuous slapping of his feet on the cement reminds me that we haven’t toppled over yet. Obviously ignoring my screams, he runs and pushes the cart—with me clutched onto it—over the speed bumps in the parking lot of the grocery store.

Running over the last one, we come to a stop at the end of the parking lot. I shake my head, getting my hair out of my face. I hop off the cart and punch Seungri on the arm. “You’re insane!” I exclaim.

He laughs boyishly, making me smile. “Admit it: it was fun.”

I roll my eyes. “Yeah, it was. But you could’ve warned me before you started pushing!”

“It was more fun seeing you off guard.”

I punch his arm once more and laugh. I walk over to the battered cart and take the plastic bags of food out. I hand it over to Seungri and I carry the leftovers. “Wait a second, why do I have to carry most of it?” He whines as we start walking back to YG High.

“Three reasons. One, you’re the guy. You need to be polite and carry this stuff. Two, these are your groceries in the first place. Three, you deserve it since you caught me off guard with the cart.” I smartly say. He scrunches up his nose and doesn’t reply back, only grumbles to himself.

~O~O~

[Hours Later]

“The hyungs could still be sleeping.” Seungri mumbles as he unlocks the door to his dorm. I roll my eyes and nod impatiently. Once unlocked, we step inside quietly and head straight for the kitchen, setting the groceries down on the counter. Driven with instinct, I start taking out the food and setting them in their correct places.

“You hungry?” I ask Seungri, who was silently watching me the whole time.

He gently pats his stomach with a childish pout. “Yeah. Are you going to make me food?”

I snort. “Nope.” He scowls at me and I laugh heartily. I walk over and, without thinking, pinch his cheek. “I’ll be going now, okay?” He stares incredulously after me as I smile and walk out of their dorm.

“Wait!” I stop in my tracks and look over my shoulder. Seungri was standing through the doorway. I raise my eyebrows questionably. He gently smiles, making my stomach do flips. “Do you want to stay a little longer? The hyungs won’t wake up until probably noon and I’ll be bored the rest of the time.”

I smile and slowly shake my head. “I have something to do back in my dorm.”

“Oh…” He murmurs, casting his eyes down to the floor.

I bite my lower lip, wanting to walk over and make him look at my eyes. But I don’t and stand my ground. “Another time, then?”

He snaps his head up, the corners of his lips turning upwards. “I’d like that.”

I give a small wave and turn back around. I quickly start walking towards my dorm, as if I know he’s going to call after me again if I take my time leaving. Once reaching my dorm, I whip out my keys and go inside. Shutting the door behind me, I slowly walk towards my couch and plop down lazily. As if there were bricks on top of me, my head heavily falls down onto my hands and I breathe a deep sigh.

I slowly close my eyes and this morning’s moments with him instantly replayed across my mind. Oh, how I treasured every moment. As much as I wanted to stay longer with him, I couldn’t. The whole time I was with him this morning, my stomach was full of butterflies. And I hated it. I never got “the butterflies” ever since I won that first place trophy… I squeeze my eyes closed harder.

I snap my head up. Maybe I need a little girl time with my friends. I miss them and I haven’t talked to them in weeks. I jump up and reach for my phone. I automatically call EunMi, since she’s the one who always has her phone with her.

“Kim Heawon!” She screams through the phone. “Oh my god! I haven’t seen or heard from you in weeks! Why haven’t you contacted me? You could’ve contacted Charlotte, too! Or Mi Sun!” And she rants on and on. I roll my eyes and smile.

“I’ve been busy with work.” I cut her off.

She playfully sighs in frustration. “Let’s hang out. It’s been a while since we’ve went clubbing.”

“Do my ears deceive me? Did I just hear you say that you haven’t been to a club in a while?” I ask, feigning horror.

She scoffs loudly. “Please. Just please. I’m just saying we haven’t went out to a club; all four of us together.”

I smile wider, missing them even more. “Alright, let’s go tonight.”

“But come on, Heawon! We all—Wait, what did you say? Do my ears deceive me?”

I laugh. “Come on. I miss you guys and I want to hang out. I actually miss going to stupid clubs with you guys.”

A group of squeals emerge from the other line. I pull my phone away from my ear and scream, “Yah! Charlotte and Mi Sun are with you, aren’t they? Jeez. Control your squeals and act like ladies!” I scold.

“Should we pick you up tonight?” Charlotte asks, probably taking the phone away from EunMi.

“Ani. I’ll just meet you guys there. I need to get familiar with this place.”

“Alright. See you soon, Heawon! We love you!” They scream into the phone before hanging up. I laugh gleefully. I really do miss them. Hmm… I look in my suitcases. What am I going to wear?