New Competition

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

“Yah! Seungri-ah! Where have you been?” Jiyong hyung tackles me just when I enter the dorm. He was about to grab me into a headlock when he glances at my face. He pauses. “And why are you so sweaty? I swear Seungri, if you were practicing for the—“

I shake my head, cutting him off. “I wasn’t practicing for that.” I say, but then I mutter. “But I should’ve.”

Jiyong hyung sighs. “Then why are you all sweaty?”

I shrug. “I was showing Heawon around.”

His eyebrows rose. “You guys danced together again?”

“Again?” I gape. “Does that mean…?”

He rolls his eyes. “Of course I remember her, Seungri. I wasn’t that drunk that day. Please, I can drink a whole night and still stay sober.”

“I figured.” I mutter under my breath.

He nudged me with his elbow. “So? What happened? Did anything juicy happen between you two?” He asks, his lips teasingly.

“Aish! Hyung, why are you so disgusting?” I exclaim, running away from him. I hear his obnoxious laughter as I slam my door shut. I scrunch up my nose, trying to blow off some steam. I kick my desk angrily as I peel my shirt off my sweaty chest. I harshly throw it in the hamper.

I slam the door closed behind me as I enter my bathroom. I take the rest of my clothes off and jump into the shower. I let out a sigh as I feel hot water run down my body. A hot shower is what I need, and by hot water I mean it should be hot enough to burn my skin off. I punch the wall as I look down. I close my eyes.

I don’t know why I’m suddenly so angry. Is it probably because of what she said earlier? I don’t know, but Jiyong hyung bringing it up makes me want to impulsively go find her and just…

I shake my head furiously, making drops of water spray around. I harshly run my hands through my hair repeatedly, hoping the scenes from the club and the dance studio would go away.

~O~O~

So, the scenes won’t go away.

After spending almost an hour in the shower and having Seunghyun hyung to flush the toilet many times to make my hot water turn cold, I still can’t stop thinking about our dance. Everything just seemed to flow whenever I dance with her. Not only does she make an awesome choreographer, but she might as well make a badass partner for the upcoming competition. I wonder if she’ll take the opportunity if I offer it to her.

After another moment, I shake my head. I shouldn’t merge her and my dancing together like that. I know I won’t be able to concentrate. I hop up on the counter in the kitchen as I down ice-cold water. I swing my legs back and forth, making my feet hit against the wood steadily.

I stare blankly at the lights as a song starts playing in my head. Moments later, I found myself humming along to the song. I finish the rest of my water, feeling the coldness chase away the dryness.

“Yah! Seungri-ah! Stop kicking the counter!” Jiyong hyung shouts from the living room. I stop; I never realized I was kicking it that hard. I look at the wood, seeing if anything is scratched. It’s completely spotless; I know YG hyung won’t settle for cheap wood. Just to make Jiyong hyung annoyed, I start kicking the counter, louder this time.

I stop and wait. I smile boyishly. “In three…” I murmur. I hop off the counter and walk over to the sink, where it gets hidden when the door opens.

“Two…” I mutter, refilling my glass of water quietly as I can.

The door burst open loudly. “Seungri-ah! I swear that I will—“

“One.” I laugh, throwing the water at his face. I quickly zoom out the kitchen and head straight to my room, locking the door successfully. Almost instantly, Jiyong hyung harshly pounds my door. Just to be safe, I drag my desk chair and prop it against the door. Laughing, I grab my laptop and plop down on my bed.

“Lee Seunghyun, I’m going to murder you if you don’t open this door!” Jiyong hyung shouts, pounding furiously.

I turn on my laptop. As it loads, I reply back, “Oh yeah? I bet you can’t even open the door!” I hear him growl loudly and I laugh mockingly. I’m getting my revenge!

Once the laptop was all ready, I open the Safari. I look through celebrity articles, shaking my head at all the controversies. Seriously, I hope our YG Family would never encounter any of this. I type in a different address in the URL. I quickly ignore the constant, obnoxious loud beatings against my door and focus on the screen. I always go to this site everyday, checking any news about dancing. My eyes widen as I see an article with the title “Breaking News!” I quickly click on it.

Breaking News: New Groups to Join “Idol Competition”

Just a few minutes ago, officials of the “Idol Competition” revealed that another school—or groups—entered this dance battle. They fixed up the list of groups and reposted it on their official website. Who are the groups? It’s none other than groups called 2PM and Miss A from JYP High! Park Jin Young, the founder of JYP High, released a statement: “I am proud to announce that two groups from JYP High will be joining the Idol Competition. Please, show them some support! Fighting!”

Bam!

I jump, but my eyes stay glued to the screen. No! They can’t enter! It’s not fair! They entered too late. The deadline to enter was months ago! My jaw drops as I continue to read the article.

“Ha! And you said I couldn’t open the door!” I hear Jiyong hyung’s voice echo throughout my room. “Now, you’re going to—Hey, what’s wrong?”

Without leaving my eyes from the screen, I beckon him over. Jiyong hyung strides over next to me and reads the article. He gasps in an unmanly way and shouts, “But that’s not fair! We worked our butts off just to prove we’re capable of entering the competition. But they just get in anytime? That’s just a load of crap!” Hyung moves away and starts pacing in front of my bed.

“We’re going to have to tell YG hyung.” I say, my voice steely. Hyung is right; this is a load of crap. I finally look away from the screen and close my laptop, feeling angry all over again. Then I spot something glimmering in Jiyong hyung’s hands. “Hyung,” I call out to him.

“Hmm?” He pauses and looks at me. I point to the objects in his hands curiously. He raises his hands up to look at them. “Oh yeah! I almost forgot.” He points two water guns at me evilly. “Prepare for another shower, Seungri-ah!”

“Wait, hyung, that’s not—Ah!”

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Hopefully, these G-Ri moments aren't cheesy >.< I'm sorry, but I adore these two too much. Anyhow, please tell me your thoughts! I'd love to know (: