First Rehearsal

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

This is so not fair.

Another week has passed and I still can’t win against Jiyong hyung. Just when I was on the verge of touching that sweet winner’s line, hyung finds a way to trip me and run me over.

“Yah! Where the hell is Seungri? He’s the one who takes this seriously more than any of us and, yet, he’s late for dance practice!” Jiyong hyung shouts, his voice full of authority.

I flinch, but I keep my smile intact. I fix my grip on the bucket of water. With a soft chuckle, I add a few more ice cubes into the bucket, making the water colder. This is what hyung gets for making me sleep on a soggy bed for two days. I peer around the corner of my hiding place in the dance studio. Yes, I have my own hiding place. It’s a perfect place to hide in when I try to run away from whomever I annoyed.

“Aish! Let’s just start without him. Stop worrying about him so much, Jiyong.” I hear YoungBae hyung say, walking towards the center of the studio. I smirk; thanks for the help hyung!

“Alright, fine.” Jiyong hyung growls out. He turns around, his back facing the mirrors. “Let’s try to do this routine without the help of our reflections.”

I smile wider. Maybe things are going my way today! Maybe I can finally get my revenge! Slowly, quietly, I sneak up behind Jiyong hyung as the music starts to play. Daesung hyung looks over his shoulder and takes a double take after spotting me. I place a finger up to my lips, hoping he keep quiet. He snorts and rolls his eyes, turning back to face the wall.

I let out a sigh of relief and tiptoe close to Jiyong hyung. He was at the farthest left, counting down. I keep my eyes trained on the back of his head, lifting up the bucket with ease. I lift the bucket up over my head. Just when I was about to dump it all over him, hyung turns around.

Whack!

Then there goes the water, soaking me up once again.

I scowl at a hysterical Jiyong hyung on the floor. Seunghyun hyung and Jiyong hyung hug each other, gasping for air as they continue to laugh at me. I curse under my breath, my eyes searching for a nearby towel in one of the benches. One of our back dancers throws one over to me, but—embarrassing enough—I didn’t catch it. Everyone erupted in laughter, louder.

“I win again!” Jiyong hyung shouts.

“Damn it.” I mutter as I feel heat beginning to creep on my cheeks. I run out the studio, trying to save myself from more embarrassment.

~O~O~

[Heawon POV]

“The boys are probably practicing now in the studio. You don’t have to start today, but if you want, you can just watch how they are from the sidelines.” YG says, typing away at the computer.

I scrunch up my nose and think about it. It wouldn’t be that bad, right? I’ve been hiding in my room for whole week; plus, I need to dance. My legs have been itching to dance for days! Why have I been hiding? Let’s just say that I needed a mental slap in the face for what happened a week ago in the dance studio with Seungri.

After a moment, I shrug. Why not? I should go see what I’m dealing with. “Sure, I’ll go do that.” I say, rising from the chair.

YG stops typing and looks up at me, smiling. “Alright. See you later, Heawon.” He says. I return his smile and make my way out of his office. “Oh, Heawon?” He calls out. I stick my head out the doorframe, raising an eyebrow. He smiles once more. “Try to be more comfortable. You won’t be able to dance with your body stiff all the time.”

I laugh. “I don’t think that’s possible. I love dancing too much.” I give him one last wave and make my way towards the studio. Go left. Walk straight. Go le— My body smacks against someone else.

“Ouch.” I say, stumbling back. “I’m sorry, I wasn’t—Seungri? Why are you all wet?” I question, taking in his soaked appearance. Most of his hair was covering his eyes, the ends dripping with drops of water. His white shirt was soaked completely. I quickly look away from his broad chest, trying not to notice on how his white shirt is now translucent and is showing that six-pack I assumed he had… And there goes another mental slap in the face for me.

He grumbles under his breath then looks at me. “Nothing. I-I got to go.”

“Wait,” I grab his wrist just as he passes by me. He looks back at me; something in his eyes making my heart beat faster. “Are you hurt?”

He looks at me, a little surprised. “Uh, n-no. Not at all.” He stutters out.

“Are you sure? I could help—“ Then I realize what I just did. I let go of his wrist, scolding myself. “Never mind.”

I crack a smile and wave goodbye as I start to walk towards the dance studio. “Wait!” I hear him shout after me. But I continue walking, pretending I didn’t hear anything.

I walk into the studio to find the other four Big Bang members dancing in a ‘v’ position, an empty spot in between YoungBae and Jiyong. Seungri must be occupying that spot. The guys see me and flash me a smile and a wave before they go back to dancing. I politely smile back and sit at the bench behind them.

I watch them rehearse their dance until the song ends. I tilt my head to the side. I’ve never heard this song before; it must be one of the songs they’ve recorded. I hum the tune, liking the beats. I should ask YG for a copy of their recorded songs. Their voices are amazing.

“Wah~” Jiyong breathes out. “We need Seungri here. This dance isn’t going to work out if we’re missing one member.”

I rise up from the bench, suddenly feeling confident. “I can fill in for him.”