Heavy Practice

It Takes Two

 

[Heawon POV]

“Okay,” I say, clasping my hands together. “Watch me.”

Before I start dancing the sequences I made up yesterday, I hear Seungri ever so softly say, “Always.” I can’t help, but to smile widely at that. My heart flutters excitedly. I mentally shake my head and focus on the dance. This one is complicated. I dance for a moment before stopping all of a sudden.

“What’s wrong?” Seungri asks, curious.

I point to my bandages. “See this? I still can’t really do flips or handstands. But you, Seungri, can do them. You were watching me, right?”

He nods.

“Show me.”

On command, he starts dancing smoothly. I count silently in my head hoping I got the beats right.

“Wait,” he says, stopping. “That step you did after this… teach me.”

From there, we practiced non-stop about my dance. Hell, this is only the first sequence. I hope we can nail at least most of it at the end of the day. Thankfully, Seungri nails the first sequence around eleven a.m. I then continue to instruct him that he needs to do a flip right after. I explain to him the flip I’ve been trying to do; the flip that injured me. I bite my lip nervously as Seungri tries to attempt it the first time.

I quickly run over to him in a heartbeat once his arms pound against the floor and he falls to the ground. I hold his arm gently, massaging it. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I apologize over and over, rocking back and forth.

“Ani. I’m fine, I’m fine.” He grunts, sitting up. He smiles at me. “I think I know where your fault is in this move.”

My ears perk up at his statement. I listen seriously, taking in every word that comes out of his mouth. After a moment, I find myself smiling. I stand up. “That’s genius!” I shout out, happy. “Let’s try it.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Seungri stops me quickly, standing. He gently touches my arms. “You haven’t fully recovered yet.”

“Screw it.” I smile. “Plus, if your method works then there’s nothing to be worried about.”

“Let me at least try it first.” He says, almost whining.

I softly smile this time, my heart squeezing. I nod and take a step back. Seungri takes in a deep breath and flips, doing the exact same thing I’ve been working on except he lands on his hands instead of his arms. Just as quickly as he lands, he does another flip. This time, he takes his hands away and lets his head support his whole body. He spins effortlessly.

He stops himself and falls down on his back, breathing heavily but smiling. I jump up and down, excited. Knowing that he isn’t going to let me try it, I quickly start moving my body, doing a flip.

“Heawon!” He exclaims.

I ignore him as my hands make contact with the floor. I bite my lip at the sting, but continue with another flip. I set my head on the floor and spin myself, folding and unfolding my legs for a charismatic effect. After a few seconds, I land my feet on the ground. I lie down on the floor, my arms screaming in relief. I let out a sigh and smile. I did it.

Seungri kneels down beside me, frantically inspecting my arms. “Are you okay? You’re not hurt, right? No blood? No new cuts?”

I hold his hands to keep them still. “I’m fine.” I assure him. He stares into my eyes for a few minutes before nodding.

“We did it.” He says, sounding victorious.

I nod. “We did.” But then I add, “But it seems like we’re taking too much time to do the second flip.”

Seungri sits on his and contemplates for a while. I run my fingers through my hair and lie still on the floor, not bothering to get up. My arms are still stinging, but it’s not like I’m going to tell Seungri that. We stay in silence for a few minutes, wondering how we’re going to make this stunt work while doing it quick and fast.

I snap my fingers as a thought comes rushing to me. I sit up and stare at Seungri, adrenaline rushing through me. “What if we combine them together?”

“How are we going to combine them when the stunt is the same?” He asks.

I stand up, pulling him up with me. “How about you do the first flip and I catch your legs? I push your legs, almost harshly, as do a flip of my own? Then I would leave the scene and you take the spotlight. After I pushed your legs, you land but instantly do another flip. This time: land on one hand then freestyle it before you head-spin. Should we try it?”

Seungri hesitates, glancing at my arms. He bites his lip then meets my eyes. I give him a smile, assuring him I’ll be okay. He nods. “Let’s do it.”

We turn on the song and start doing the choreography we already had before. Halfway, the song breaks to give us some time to do the dance break. I remixed the music a little to help. Then Seungri and I attempted the stunt. I push his legs away after I caught it, acting harsh and tough. I do a back flip, feeling the same sting course through my arms at that one second my hands made contact with the floor. I walk to the back and watch Seungri do the rest. I feel my heart jump in relief as he sticks both of the landings.

But we don’t stop there as we finish the rest of the song. We stay in sync during the chorus and freestyle each of the members’ lines. We face each other as we continue to sway. We lock eyes, staying that way. Somehow, we end up close—really close—enough to feel our drops of sweat hit us, feeling the heavy breaths. As if we were in our own bubble, the mood around us became hot and sweet. Our foreheads touch just as the song ends. His deep breaths became overwhelming as they caress my lips.

Almost as if driven with the wild and hot attraction between us, our lips meet in hunger.