Opponents Meet

It Takes Two

 

[Heawon POV]

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I rise up from my couch and turn off the TV. I glance at the clock. It’s already 9:15 p.m. I grab my keys and my purse before opening the door. Seungri’s smiling face welcomes me. I instantly smile back. I can’t resist him, can I? I wave at the rest of the Big Bang boys and the 2NE1 girls behind him. They greet me happily. I quickly check over their clothing. Good, they’re not wearing anything too ostentatious. I have a feeling these two other groups are going to show off their dance moves “unconsciously”. I mean why meet up at their dance studio in the first place?

In a matter of minutes, we were already piling up into two separate vans. Just when I was about to walk with Dara to the other van, a warm hand snatches my wrist and pulls me away. Seungri loops his arm through mine, and he smiles boyishly at me. “You’re riding with us, okay?” He says.

Without giving me any time to respond, I’m already being pushed into the boys’ van. I roll my eyes and sit in the back next to Daesung on my left. Seungri slides in and sits on my right.

Silence unfolds.

“So, besides showing off Heawon, what else should we do to intimidate them?” Daesung speaks up, breaking the tense silence.

“I was just thinking about that.” Jiyong says from the passenger seat. “We should bring YoungBae and Seungri out as well.”

“You might as well just leave it to Seungri and Heawon.” YoungBae encounters, flashing a knowing smile at me. I slightly blush.

“Why?” Seungri asks, sounding somewhat annoyed. Annoyed at what?

“Because you and Heawon are great together.” Jiyong chimes in, winking at Seungri. Seungri clears his throat next to me, and I blush deeper. Why does it seem like Jiyong’s words have a double meaning?

“Shut up, hyung.” I hear Seungri mutter under his breath. Then he speaks up, “But I say we need YoungBae hyung. You don’t know what we’re up against.”

“True. But what about the girls?” Seunghyun asks.

“Minzy is fine all by herself and you all know that.” I speak up. I see them all nod in agreement. “Though…” I add. “Chae Rin isn’t that bad either.”

“We’re here.” The driver announces. After a moment, we meet up with the girls at the entrance of JYP High.

“Deep breaths and stay calm. I want to see that confidence I see everyday.” I encourage them. As we go inside, Seungri nudges me by the elbow. Playfully, I nudge him back in his arm. We lock eyes. A boyish, confident smile comes across his face and I feel his hand slipping into mine. He gives me a tight squeeze before letting go.

Okay, now I’m ready.

~O~O~

“Wait.” I stop everyone before we enter 2PM and Miss A’s dance studio. I feel their eyes digging a hole into the back of my head, but I ignore them as my ears adjust to the loud music the other band is playing. I take a peek through the small window on their door.

I see glimpses of figures standing and sitting on the floor, simply lounging. I smirk, knowing their strategy. “Jiyong-ah.” I call him over. Once I feel him over my shoulder, I say, “Go barge right in. Don’t hesitate and open the door loudly.”

“But why—“

“Just do it.” I order, cutting him off. He gives me a look of confusion, but nods anyways.

“Come on, guys.” I hear him beckon to the rest of us. I keep my eyes trained on the lounging figures.

Bang!

All the figures quickly stand up and start dancing as if they’ve been dancing for a while now. I smirk once more. I laugh at their foolish strategies. Now I know how they’re going to “intimidate” us. I quickly slip inside the studio and linger behind my group.

“Ah, hello! Welcome to JYP High!” A deep voice says. Someone turns off the music and I can practically feel the tension through both sides. I make quick assessments on each person in YG. The girls are doing fine, standing tall and proud. I feel the sides of my lips twitch up. Then I survey the boys. Daesung and YoungBae slightly look nervous, but they keep a straight face.

I look at Seunghyun next. He’s doing great, but even I shudder at how his eyes look. I swear it looks like he’s going to kill somebody. My eyes slide over to Seungri. As if sensing my eyes on him, he looks sideways at me. He winks without fault. Like I said, his confidence is overwhelming and I admire him for it. Without thinking, I smile back.

“Hello, we’re from YG High.” Jiyong replies, sounding completely relaxed. But then I really look at him. His arms are folded across his chest, taking on his leader role. “I’m G-Dragon from Big Bang.” He introduces himself. Then he smiles a tight smile, “Let us introduce ourselves first.”

One by one, each of them introduce themselves like they would usually do, relaxed and with a smile. My respect for them got higher. I admire how they keep a cool front despite the real tension in the room.

“Meet our choreographer, Kim Heawon.” I hear Jiyong say. I snap my head towards him and he looks back at me, beckoning me to the front between him and Seungri. I take in a sharp breath and walk to the front, my eyes already assessing the other groups quickly. I smile tightly and do a slight bow.

“Heawon?”

My whole body freezes. That…that can’t—

But it is. I distantly hear his footsteps walk to the front, standing right across from me with a knowing glint in his sickeningly familiar eyes.

“Chansung.” I breathe out.

“Hmm.” He smiles.

-----------------------------------------

A/N: I barely have time to even log into AFF anymore T_T School choking me with piles of homework. BUT, don't worry! I won't abandon this! In fact, I'm already finished writing it! (; I just need to update it~
 

Anyway, comment? It makes my day! :D