Fast Transitions

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

“Seungri-ah!” Jiyong hyung drawls out lazily. I turn to him as we walk (or well, the hyungs drag themselves) into the building. “Walk Heawon to her dorm.”

My jaw drops at his forwardness. Can he be any more obvious? “But I’m tired.” I whine genuinely.

He gives me a stern look, but flashes a drunken smile. Aish, only hyung is able to do this without fault. “Don’t be rude and take the pretty lady back to her dorm.” He whines back. Jiyong hyung and the others stagger back to our dorm, leaving Heawon and I alone in the lobby. I scrunch up my nose and scratch the back of my neck. At the corner of my eyes, I see Heawon roll her eyes. “Come on.” She says, walking ahead of me.

I pout childishly. “Hey, wait for me!” I run after her.

We take the next elevator after the hyungs. I wonder if they even pressed the right button. Should I be worried? Heawon leans her head softly on my shoulder as we wait for the elevator doors to open. Nah. I shouldn’t be worried. I smile widely despite me being extremely tired already. I had one hell of a night.

In just a few minutes, we’re already standing in front of her door. Heawon turns around to face me, her hand resting on the doorknob behind her. She smiles gently. “Good night, Seungri. Thank you…for tonight.” She murmurs softly, making my insides melt.

I smile back nevertheless. “My pleasure. Sleep tight, Heawon.” I reply just as softly. I turn and start walking towards our dorm, but quickly, I turn back around. Heawon has her back turned towards the door, unlocking the lock. I silently stride over and wrap my arms around her waist behind her. I bury my face in her neck. I distantly hear the sound of her keys dropping to the floor. I chuckle under my breath.

“I forgot to tell you… You look beautiful tonight.” I mumble numbly, as if mouth has a mind of its own. I inhale her sweet scent of vanilla one last time and let go. I wordlessly turn around and quickly walk away back to my dorm.

~O~O~

[One Month Later]

[Seungri POV]

Ah, another day, another month.

I can’t believe it’s passed by so fast. It’s been a month since Heawon came and I must say, I actually enjoy having her as a choreographer. I think everyone in YG High established that she’s an amazing dancer. I sigh dreamily and turn to face the ceiling on my bed. I fold my arms behind my head.

Yeah, I really like her.

Surprised, huh? I didn’t think I would admit it either, but she’s just so damn hard to resist. Plus, Jiyong hyung “talked” (ambushed) me about it, so there was really no point in trying to deny it when he swore he would sleep in my bed with me in a headlock. As if I wanted to smell hyung’s gross armpits for the rest of my life. I scrunch up my nose and shake away the disturbing image in my head.

My eyes widen as I check the time eagerly. It’s already seven in the morning! I jump out of bed with a smile on my face. I quickly change out of my sweats and change into jeans and a plain t-shirt. Today is a special day, for two reasons. One reason is because I’m going to meet Heawon in the dance studio. Technically, we meet up everyday. I figured out that she runs four laps around our building every morning and goes straight to the dance studio.

I always meet her just in time there. I tried running with her, but… Yeah, I just don’t like running. Impatiently, I take the stairs instead of the elevator for it was taking too long. And soon enough, my hand was already on the doorknob to the studio. I peek through the little window and find her dancing to one of our songs. Excitedly, I open the door grandly, making her stop in her tracks.

A sweet smile grazes her pink lips. I smile widely, hardly containing it. Sadly, she isn’t my girlfriend…yet, of course. I hope to make her mine soon, though. Heawon clicks off the blasting stereo and sits on the floor in the middle. I walk and sit right across from her.

“You’re always here on time.” She says, amused.

I roll my eyes. “Of course, I want extra practice for the big competition next month.” I partly lie. Then I add, “Oh yeah, that reminds me. JYP High’s two groups sent us a video, asking us to meet up with them today; for friendly purposes.”

That’s the other reason why today’s a special day. This is the first time this has ever been attempted in the years ‘Idol Competition’ has been made. We aren’t saying that we’re excited about this meeting, but we’re more cautious.

“You think they’re only asking us to taunt us?” Heawon says, breaking my train of thought.

“That’s what we’re thinking of, too. But we’re all going anyways.” I say then smile. “You have to come with us.”

“What?” She exclaims, suddenly standing up. “Why do I?”

“Because we want them to be intimidated. You and Shaun are the reason why we’re so powerful. But since Shaun is not here, you can fill in for him.” I explain, still smiling up at her. She scratches her head, her face doubtful. Childishly, I hug her legs and whine, “Come on! You have to come! I want you there.” I mumble the last part quietly. But I guess she hears it because she softly smiles and nods. I cheer stupidly and pull her back down to the floor next to me. This time, we stare at each other through the mirrors.

“So, what time will we all meet up and where?” Heawon asks, massaging her bare, long legs. I bite my lips hard and find my eyes linger on her legs.

I am a guy, right? But I’m a sweet one, so I quietly move her hands away and lift her legs up to my lap, making her face me. I mentally laugh at seeing her wide, bright eyes. How cute. Quickly enough, I start massaging her legs. I hide my smirk as I see her bite her lips at the corner of my eyes.

“We’re going to meet up around nine at night at their dance studio.” I inform her.

“Oh, I see. Who are the two groups competing?”

“2PM and Miss A. Boys versus boys and girls versus girls.”

“Mmm.” She simply says in acknowledgement. 

Silence.

I continue to massage. “You know,” I say, breaking the silence. “If it feels good, you can just say so. My hands are magic.” I wiggle my eyebrows and wink at her. Pink hue instantly rises on her cheeks. I laugh heartily at how cute she looks.

“Aish!” She mutters, punching me in the arms repeatedly.