Hard Worker

It Takes Two

 

[Heawon POV]

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I annoyingly push my alarm clock off my bedside table. Groggily, I sit up from my bed and stretch my arms. I climb off and stretch the rest of my body. I bend down and look at the time: six o’clock. Perfect. I stride over to the bathroom, picking up the work out clothes I laid out for myself last night. I wash my face and fix my hair. Then I change into shorts and a tank top. I pause and look over myself in the mirror. I must be really working hard.

One full week working as a choreographer for YG High is taking a toll on me. I have bags under my tired eyes, my cheeks aren’t really pink, and it takes effort to crack a tiny smile and—Holy crap. I touch my face. Please don’t tell me I’m developing wrinkles now.

Yeah, maybe I’m being a little too into this job.

Nevertheless, I’m dedicated and I want all their dances to be perfect. I walk to the kitchen and grab a water bottle. Then I head out the door, pocketing my dorm keys along the way. I quietly walk through the halls and take the stairs to the first floor. Okay so practice doesn’t start until an hour later, but I take advantage of my habit of rising up early and take a run outside around the building. It turns out that one full run around YG High equals two miles.

Once outside, I take in my surroundings. It’s all peaceful and quiet as well. Other people here are the ones going to work or taking a jog just like me. I inhale a deep breath then start running my usual four laps around the building. I wave at some familiar faces of some joggers as they pass by me. It’s only 6:20 a.m. and I’m already on my third lap. I start to slow down as I’m about to pass by the front doors again, the checkpoint on starting my fourth lap. But the doors suddenly open rapidly.

I skid to a halt before I accidentally knock the person down. Seungri’s cheerful face enters my line of sight. I gape at him. Out of all the Big Bang guys, I would’ve thought Seungri would be the last to wake up. Looks like he proved me wrong.

“Good morning~” He sings.

“Good morning.” I mumble. Taking this opportunity to rest, I take a sip out of my water bottle. I suddenly get self-conscious as I notice that Seungri was just watching me. “Is there something you need…?” I ask.

“Oh!” He exclaims. His cheeks redden, but he keeps his smile intact. “I was looking for you.”

“Why? Something wrong?”

“Nope. I’m just wondering if you’d like to go to the grocery store with me.”

I raise an eyebrow, confused. “Why?” This boy is weird, period. Who the hell looks for you six o’clock in the morning just to ask if you wanted to go to the grocery store with him?

He simply shrugs. “I just thought that you need a break from all this dancing and stuff. Dancers like us need a break, too, you know.”

“But why go to a grocery store?”

“Because it’s—Aish! Do you want to come or not?” Seungri bursts out. Since I don’t answer, he continues. “Aigoo, forget it! You’re coming with me whether you like it or not. Come on. Let’s go inside, so you can shower and change.” He quickly grabs my arm and starts dragging me inside.

“Wait.” I hiss and pull my arm away. “You don’t just drag a girl anywhere you want.”

“I can and I will.” He pauses. “I am your sunbae in this school.”

I open my mouth, but no words come out. Damn. Seungri smiles, happy to see he’s rendered me speechless again. This better not be a normal thing from now on. Scrunching my nose, I mumble out, “Fine.”

He laughs cheerfully, making the sides of my lips turn upwards. Did I mention how this boy never fails to amuse me? We take the stairs and run to my dorm. I unlock the door and we step inside. Once the door closes, am awkward silence unfolds. I scratch the back of my neck and point towards the bathroom. “I’ll go take a shower then.”

Seungri nods, but he suddenly flashes a playful smile. “Do you want me to help you?”

I punch him in the arm. “Just sit quietly, sunbae.” I sarcastically say.

He shakes his head. “I’ll just pick out your clothes then.” Without waiting for my response, he strides straight into my room. I gape at his retreating figure. Unbelievable. Shaking my head, I head right for the shower.

After thirty minutes, I step out of the tub. I shake my head back and worth, making my wet hair sway. I wrap a towel around my body and look in the mirror. I blink a few times. Believe it or not, I kind of miss going out with my friends. I never got to contact them this past week.

“Heawon~!” Seungri sings, knocking on the locked door. “Your clothes I specially picked out for you are on the floor!”

“Okay.” I reply as I wait for his footsteps to go. But he stays rooted in his place. I mutter a curse. “Go away now, Seungri.”

I hear him chuckle and walk away. Cautiously, I quickly open the door a crack and snatch my clothes off the floor. With a sigh, I start slipping them on, not caring what they are. To me, it’s just jeans and a t-shirt. I walk out to the living room, drying my hair with a towel.

“Shall we go now?” Seungri asks, hopping off the couch.

“Sure.” I reply. He offers me his arm. Hesitantly, I hold it as we walk out of the building. “So, why the grocery store?” I ask once we were walking on the sidewalk.

He shrugs. “Just thought it would be nice for you to get some fresh air. You’ve been working too hard.”

I roll my eyes. “Are you sure this just isn’t a way for you to ease me into being less strict during practice?”

“Oh, come on! You know you’re being too hard on us!” He suddenly exclaims.

I let out a laugh, happy to know that I can still smile after a hard-working week. I tug on his arm as I spot the sign for the grocery store. “Come on. Let’s go inside.”