Twisting

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

Ignoring the flashing cameras, I entwine my hand with Heawon’s as we make our way onto the stage. Standing up there… I didn’t realize it was so big. Accidentally, my eyes sweep over the crowds. My knees began to feel weak from sudden nausea. I think I’m going to be sick.

Abruptly, Heawon makes me face her. She gently, softly cups my face with both of her hands. “You can do this.” She whispers, her voice like silk. The hyungs pat me on my back and smile anxiously at Heawon as they get into position. I close my eyes and let out a deep, sharp breath. During that, Heawon slips her hands away and give on last “fighting!” to the hyungs. She quickly jogs to the sidelines, waiting for her part to join in.

Goodbye. Goodbye, baby~

The beats pump out loud and Seunghyun hyung’s intense rap starts to flow. In an instant, my mind completely blanks and my body starts to move on its own. Despite all the tension, I break into a smile. So, Heawon was right; looks like her vigorous practices paid off after all. I do a quickly glance at my hyungs. They seem to be doing well, too. I catch Daesung hyung and Seunghyun hyung smile as well. All five of us do constant stunts effortlessly.

I send another silent prayer as I hear the music slowly starting to change throughout the middle of the song. The lights shut off and I cautiously take steps off to the left of the stage while Heawon stands on the right. My hyungs quickly run to the sidelines and the people’s screams start to fade into murmurs of confusion. Two spotlights were directed to Heawon and me. I inhale a deep breath, but keep my head held high. Even through the distance of us, I see Heawon slightly nod, already in professional mode.

Our song for our break dance unexpectedly plays, screeching against the speakers. Heawon and I start to dance, moving our bodies in a way we both know people will be amazed at. Heawon and I lock eyes and we get ready for our first stunt.

Then, everything else just seemed to fade into the background. There weren’t any other people, my hyungs weren’t there, other groups weren’t there, and this huge stage wasn’t there… It was just Heawon and I with the music speaking our thoughts for miles.

~O~O~

[Heawon POV]

I run towards Seungri as we do our first set of stunts. I feel my heart racing the same pace as my feet. I never felt my heart pump this fast before. The adrenaline is huge and my tension is high. Jumping out of a plane feels like it wouldn’t compare to this feeling I have now. We perfectly perform our stunts one by one, my mind constantly praying.

We meet at the middle and we both do our assigned flips. Every single thing was a blur and my whole being focused on Seungri. It’s like I’m in a trance. Fear bites into me as I recognize the next stunt we have to do. Slowly, I meet Seungri’s eyes and I see the exact same fear swimming in them. Then I feel tears building up. I don’t know why, but I suddenly feel like crying.

Despite the harsh emotions, I smile a quick smile at Seungri. We cross arms and link hands, both of our hands rough from constant practice from days before. Our heads make contact and Seungri hauls me over him. Right then and there, everything went in slow motion. I steady my feet on his back and rapidly jump off, doing a flip in the air.

Maybe we can actually succeed this, I thought.

It was stupid thought. The world spun and I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to get a grip. I lose calculation of the landing and I start to panic. My eyes widen, fear biting into my heart once more. Scared to the bone, I straighten my body out, hoping my legs are able to land.

Thud!

Pain pounds into me and knocks the air out of me. I feel my leg being electrified. Why? I scream as I try to move my left leg. Without realizing, cold tears flow down my face. I curl up in a ball, screaming over and over again.

“NO!” I screech. I hug my leg, crying harder as I feel white-hot pain slap me all over. Pain takes over my body and I feel paralyzed. Just one small movement and pain shoots at all my nerves, as if it was seeping into my veins to stay there forever. Oh god, how much I want to die at this moment.

I scream once more as I feel pairs of hands touch me. No! I don’t want to be touched! Don’t touch me! Fresh sets of tears emerge as more pain stings me. Having the wind knocked out of me once more, I start choking on tears and gargle on my screams. The pain is excruciating! I hug my leg tighter, wanting to feel it move, wanting to feel my toes wiggle.

As if the pain could multiply, I start to lose the feeling in my hands. I suddenly feel distant from my body. A new level of fear runs through me. Black and red dots dance across my vision. I squeeze my eyes shut, stopping my tears for now.

“HEAWON!” I barely hear the scream, though I know it was screamed into my ear. I start to feel myself slip away once more. I open my eyes in alarm, in panic, in fear. Seungri’s face enters my vision just as I feel the electrifying pain vibrate throughout my whole left leg. Somehow, I get my breath back and I let out a blood-curdling scream.

I cry and scream repeatedly, distantly wondering why there isn’t any medical help yet. “Help me!” I yell, my throat slowly going sore.

The feeling was almost suffocating, so overwhelming. It almost wants to make me close my eyes and slip away for a while…

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Aigoo! I need to add this:

Goodbye Baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InvZwPxpjpY