Step By Step

It Takes Two

 

[Author POV]

Seungri’s eyes widen as he watches the girl move her hips accurately, a thing that people—who say they can’t dance—can’t achieve. Seungri catches a glimpse of her face and he sees that her eyes are closed. During a little body wave from her, he catches a whiff of her scent. He smiles, as he doesn’t smell any alcohol reeking off of her; he can only smell the scent of vanilla.

The girl opens her eyes and smiles teasingly at him. His breath caught in his throat. “What happened? Aren’t we supposed to be dancing?” She asks him.

Seungri squints at her, taking the challenge. Whenever it comes to dancing, teasing Seungri will only make him determined to show off his moves. He quickly places his hands on her hips, feeling it move as the girl starts dancing again. Then Seungri starts to sway his body along the feeling of the music as well, smiling when he feels the girl’s stare on him.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t we supposed to be dancing?” Seungri mocks, smirking. The girl smirks as well, making her features extremely y under the flashing lights.

Then it happens. The two passionate dancers start battling. Though, their hands never seem to leave the other’s body, using each other as a prop. Soon after people start noticing them, watching them in awe. But, the dance partners don’t notice because once their eyes locked, they never broke away. Heat starts to rise around them, making whatever step they make hotter, fiercer. Even on-lookers were feeling the heat.

Never in my life have I found someone as fierce as this, Seungri comments silently as he twirls her around and stops her, going face to face with her. Her heavy pants hit his lips, feeling the warmth. He sees her eyes widen as she feels their noses barely touching. Seungri grins, breathing heavily as well.

Just then, hollering around them enters their ears. They break apart and bow to the crowd that formed once again. Heawon spots her friends jumping up and down excitedly. With one last glance at Seungri, she starts to walk towards her friends. Seungri was able to catch her wrist and turned her around to face him.

“Hey.” He calls out to her.

“Yes?” She says, meeting his eyes.

Seungri smiles softly this time. “I had fun dancing with you. You’re a really good dancer.”

Heawon, suddenly entranced by his boyish smile, nods. She blinks her eyes a couple of times then she smiles playfully. “You weren’t so bad yourself. Nice moves.”

They stare at each other, letting the music fill in the silence. Heawon quickly blushes as she starts to feel the heat of his hand on her wrist. She pulls away and takes a step back, closer to her friends.

“I should go.” She says, smiling.

Suddenly feeling his shoulders drop, Seungri sighs. He nods and flashes another sweet smile. “Again, nice dancing. I hope I can see you here again.”

Heawon bites her lip. “Sure. I guess so.” With that, she turns around and heads straight towards her friends.

“Omo! Omo!” Mi Sun squeals at her.

“Shut up, will you?” Heawon snaps, grabbing her handbag.

“This is what we’re talking about, Heawon!” Charlotte says, obviously ignoring Heawon’s attitude.

“This is exactly what you should be like at a club! I’m so proud of you!” EunMi exclaims, clapping her hands together excitedly.

Heawon rolls her eyes, trying not to get exhaustion get to her. “Whatever. I’ll be going now.” Before her friends could say anything, Heawon quickly walks out, easing through the dancing drunk bodies and out the club. She inhales a sharp breath once she reaches the corner, her body inviting the sudden breeze blowing.

“Wow…” was the only thing she lets out.

~O~O~

[Seungri POV]

Just as I was about to sit down, Jiyong hyung tackles me in a bear hug. He reeks of alcohol, but he doesn’t seem drunk; he’s just acting like one.

“Hyung, get off me, please. Ugh.” I groan, scrunching up my nose from the smell. Jiyong hyung slumps beside me. He smiles, just like my other hyungs were doing. “What?” I ask.

“Our Lee Seungri isn’t a baby anymore!” Daesung hyung shouts, breaking the uncomfortable silence. I feel my cheeks redden.

“Hyung!” I whine.

“That was some hot dancing out there, Seungri.” YoungBae hyung compliments, raising his glass up in acknowledgement. Jiyong hyung grabs his drink and raises it up as well.

“To Lee Seunghyun. For he has become an adult now, may he shall experience good treatment and a long life. May he have a successful future!” Jiyong hyung winks at me as the rest of us grab a random cup and clink them together. I smile, feeling giddy that I can finally be called an adult.

I smile wider as I spend this day with my hyungs. But then my smile falters a little as my mind drifts off to that girl. Man was she beautiful. I’m still surprised how well she could follow along to my moves. People find it hard to follow along with me because I always throw in some complicated step in it once and a while. But, no, this girl just swayed with ease. It just amazes me. I sigh. I can’t believe I forgot to ask for her number. I mean, I always ask for people’s numbers. I didn’t even ask for her name…

“Seungri-ah, I dare you to drink this.” Jiyong hyung’s voice interrupts my thoughts. I stare at the drink.

“It’s yellow.” I state.

Jiyong hyung rolls his eyes. “Duh. Now, come on. I dare you. 20 bucks.”

“Serious?” I ask. He nods, smiling. Getting 20 dollars from Jiyong hyung is like him letting me use his hairbrush; it’s only been attempted once. Trust me, hyung didn’t look good in that shade of red when he found out I used his hairbrush; he looked like an apple.

I shake my head and grab the drink. My lips hover over the rim of the glass as I stare at the liquid moving inside. I swallow my fears along with the drink. After one gulp, I slam the glass back down on the table. I cough as I hear my hyungs laugh hysterically.

“What is that? Your pee?” I ask Jiyong hyung, exasperated.

“Who said it was mine?” Hyung retaliates, laughing harder.

“You guys are gross.” I groan.

“I do it because I love you, Seungri.” Jiyong hyung coos, blowing a kiss at me.

Yeah, they’re all definitely drunk.