Brainstorming

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

“Seungri…”

My stomach tingles as I feel something run through my hair softly.

“Come on, Seungri.”

I shudder as I feel something soft and warm caress my cheeks.

“Wake up, sleeping beauty.” A warm breath whispers in my ear… followed by a smack in the forehead. My eyes widen at the sudden, unexpected pain. I sit up, rubbing my forehead roughly. I turn around.

“Yah!” I shout, finding Heawon behind me. She laughs. “That’s mean!”

“Childish~ How cute.” She says, smiling brightly at me.

No one calls me childish except for my hyungs! I open my mouth to snap back defensively until I actually see her glowing face. I close my mouth and stare at her in awe. It looks like Heawon recovered from last night. I smile instead, not able to help it. She looks back at me weirdly. She shakes her head and crawls towards the mirror, examining her face closely.

“We fell asleep here last night.” She says.

“Technically, we fell asleep here this morning.” I chuckle, slowly crawling towards her. I lean against the mirror and watch her touch her face. She bites her lip worriedly. Without thinking, I grab her chin and turn her face towards me. “You’re not developing wrinkles. Don’t worry about that. You’re beautiful.” I blurt out.

Oh my god.

What the hell! Am I drunk? Am I out of my mind? I crossed the line. I freaking crossed the line. I—

She giggles and playfully slaps my hand away… She giggled? She giggled. Oh my god, she accepted my compliment. “Nice way of up, you lame panda.” She says, looking back at her reflection in the mirror. My mind suddenly calms down and I pout, looking down at my lap in disappointment. Then I see her slip her hand in mine at the corner of my eyes; she squeezes my hand tightly.  “But thank you.” She murmurs.

We both stay still for a moment, simply feeling the warmth. We smile at the same time softly. Then Heawon abruptly stands up and claps her hands. I look up at her questioningly. She extends her hand out.

“Come on. We should get the other boys. I forgot we have practice today.” She says, looking a little frustrated. Frustrated over what? Either way, I grab her hand and she pulls me up. We walk out the dance studio hand in hand. I don’t even think she notices, but I’m sure as hell that my palms are starting to sweat from all these precious moments with her. Jeez, she’s affecting me so much.

~O~O~

“Uh, Heawon…?” I hear someone breathe out deeply.

“What?” She snaps at Jiyong hyung. I cringe. Oh god, please don’t ask what I think you’re going to ask, Jiyong hyung, I thought pleadingly.

“Can we…take a break?” He heavily pants.

Heawon squints at Jiyong hyung then at all of us on the benches and floor. Aish! Hyung should know better than to ask her that question during practice! We’re all going to die!

“Fifteen minute break.”

All of us snap our heads to Heawon in surprise. I could practically hear our necks snapping from the quickness. In return, Heawon ignores our eyes and walks to the front of the mirror, examining her face closely. I would go right up to her and maybe even hug her legs in gratefulness, but I’m still so damn tired from our constant practices. I stay seated on the bench and simply watch her from afar.

It’s surprising how she let us have a fifteen-minute break. Hell, we would be practically crying in happiness if we got a five-minute break. Also, it’s only been four hours. Our practices with Heawon are usually seven hours! I watch her touch her face and outline the bottom of her eye. My eyes turn into slits, as I get suspicious. I see gears turning in her head big time. What is she thinking about?

Abruptly, she turns around, facing us. Funny enough, we jump in fear. Who said Heawon wasn’t fierce and scary when professional? She places her hands on her hips and lets out a long sigh, the only sound in the room. She meets each of our eyes, lingering on me a few more moments. She starts to pace, back and forth. As if she had a magnet attached to her forehead, our eyes follow her.

“So, tell me. I want something extra in our routine for this competition. I want something that defines and represents YG High itself, not just a dance to define you boys, but the whole school in general. Any ideas?” She says, sounding very professional. She looks at us and raises an eyebrow.

Sheepishly, Daesung hyung raises his hand. “How about we sing along with our songs?”

“That’s not a bad idea.” Heawon acknowledges. Then she adds, “But you’ll be focused on singing along that you’ll forget you’re in a dance competition.”

“You’re right.” Daesung hyung breathes out, nodding.

“Well, 2PM is doing a dance break. It was short, but powerful. Their little stunt was amazing.” YoungBae hyung says.

My eyes instantly land on Heawon. I see her ever so slightly flinch at the statement, barely enough to see in anyone else’s eyes. But I know her more than anyone else here; hell, it’s almost like we have a connection. I send her reassurance through my eyes as she meets my gaze. The tiniest of movement on her lips gave me the proof that she read me well.

“What’s going on here? Slacking off, aren’t we?” A powerful yet amused voice enters the room. We all snap our head and immediately bow down as YG hyung steps in the studio. He walks over and pats me on the back, sitting down on the bench next to me. “So, what’s going on?” He repeats.

“Heawon wants to add something into our routine for the dance competition.” Seunghyun hyung tells him.

YG hyung nods in acknowledgement. The room is quiet for a moment as we watch YG hyung think about something. He then looks at Heawon sharply. He squints. “Heawon-ah, how about you, Seungri, and YoungBae think about it? Let the dancer’s combine their minds. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to come up with a bit soon.”

I glance at Heawon and YoungBae hyung both before we nod at YG hyung. This is going to be fun… sort of.