Mending The Bumps

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

[Next Day]

“Aish! Really, Heawon, really?” I growl, scrunching my nose in irritation. I pace back and forth in front of her dorm. Where is this girl? She hasn’t been here the whole day and disappeared the rest of the day yesterday after she cut practice. I want to apologize, but I’m just getting frustrated all over again. A thought suddenly washes over me. What if she got abducted at night? What if she’s held hostage right now? I mean with the world being dangerous these days, you never know when stuff like this’ll happen.

Omo! Maybe I should try calling… Aish! I can’t. She isn’t picking up her calls. Why would she pick up now? But I have no other way to contact her. She hasn’t talked to anybody that much. Where in the world would she go and stay for a day and a half? My heart suddenly drops as another thought barges in my mind. What if she’s seeing someone? What if she has a lover? A boyfriend? Aigoo! What if she has a husband and she didn’t tell any of us about it?

“Oh! Seungri? What are you doing here at… three in the morning?”

I whirl around, facing a tired-looking Heawon. In an instant, I wrap my arms around her and let out a sigh of relief. I feel her steady breathing against my chest as I hug her tighter. I haven’t been able to see her face the whole day and a half. It’s about time Heaven answers me and grants me an angel.

Heawon hesitantly pats my back. “Um…”

The reason I’m supposed to be here in the first place comes rushing back in my brain. “Oh! Right.” I murmur. I let go, but keep her at arms length. I meet her eyes deeply, suddenly turning serious. “I’m sorry… about yesterday. I’m sorry about being so—“

“Don’t worry about it.” She cuts me off. She smiles and cups my cheek with one of her hands softly. “I needed the harsh reality.” She whispers gently.

“No! But—“

She laughs and covers my mouth. “Come inside.” She unlocks her door and gestures for me to go in. I plop myself on the couch weirdly. She’s a strange girl indeed. She walks into the kitchen and stays there for a while. I stare mindlessly at the door the whole time, wondering when she’ll come out. After five minutes, she comes out with two cups of coffee in her hands.

I get one and thank her, taking a sip. She leans again the wall, facing me. She drinks, keeping her eyes on me. I shift uncomfortably, still feeling weird by her attitude. This definitely wasn’t the response I expected. I was thinking more of a slap or tears at least. She chuckles under her breath softly. “You look tired. How long have you been waiting?” She asks, walking over and sitting next to me nonchalantly.

I take a sip of coffee, buying myself some time to think over my reply. I might as well be really honest with her, right? I mean my pride was already long gone. “Since yesterday.”

She abruptly starts coughing. I place the coffee on the table and pat her back, removing her coffee from her hands. She wipes and looks at me. “Since yesterday? Aigoo. No wonder your dark circles have gotten darker.”

“Yah!” I say, covering my eyes. “I attract ladies with these circles.”

She snorts and grabs my hands, making my stomach tie up in knots. “You really stayed here since yesterday?”

Suddenly entranced by her eyes, I nod honestly. I abruptly come up with an idea and I quickly yawn. I let go of her hands and stretch. “I’m so tired and sleepy.” I say drowsily. I smoothly lay my head down on her lap, making myself comfortable as I inhale her lovely vanilla scent.

“But... Um…” I hear her breathe out hesitantly.

I smile softly, closing my eyes. I steady my breathing. Eventually, after a few minutes, I feel one of her hands rest on my arm while the other hand gently plays with my hair. I let out a content sigh. If only I could do this with her everyday…

~O~O~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groan out loud, hearing it echo. I don’t mind it and roll over, hugging my soft pillow.

Slam!

I curse out loud and lazily open my eyes. Am I really going to fall of my bed from now on? Just when I’m about to fully open my eyes in annoyance, a sweet scent enters my nose and my eyes gradually close from intoxication. I hug my pillow tighter and turn, lying on my side. Since I’m already on the floor, I might as well sleep some more. It seems like I’m more comfortable on—

“Seungri-ah…”

My eyes practically bulge out of their sockets. She chuckles once I make eye contact with her. “Heawon!” I exclaim, pulling my arms away from her. I lean back and accidentally slam my head against the couch. I rub my head. “Aigoo…” I moan softly, feeling heat creeping up on my cheeks.

She laughs huskily, making my blush deeper. She rolls over on her back and stares at the ceiling. “I can’t believe you brought me to the floor with you.”

“Uh, don’t phrase it that way.” I say, cringing.

She turns her head towards me and slaps my arm. “Aish! Dirty-minded.”

This time, I laugh. “Not my fault in the first place. I thought you were my pillow.”

She scrunches up her nose and simply looks at me. I gaze back at her, enjoying how her brown irises seem to be brighter. “Accompany me to the dance studio today?” She asks.

I raise my eyebrows. “Sure. But where were you yesterday? And why did you come back late?”

A smile grazes over her pink lips. “I went back to my old studio to get some inspiration.”

“And did you get some inspiration?”

She nods. “Enough to bring me back here. I just need your help.” I nod, determined to do this. I’ll help her no matter what the cost.

Abruptly, she rolls over to me and wraps her bandaged arms around my neck. I lie still, frozen from shock. I’m pretty sure my mouth is hanging open as well. I feel her fingertips lightly trail the back of my neck, and my spine shivers from the hot contact.

“Thank you.” She whispers into my shoulder.

“F-for?” I stutter, mentally face palming myself.

“Saying those words to me the other day. I needed it. I didn’t realize it until you said so. It took me a while to calm down since I was angry and hurt at first. But then I suddenly realized that it’s the past. I’m here and he’s over there.” She buries her face deeper into my shoulder, hugging me tightly. “And I’m happy here.”

I close my eyes as I let out a small breath. A smile slowly appears on my face, my heart pounding wildly against my chest. Her last words held so much more meaning other than her being happy at YG High.

She was happy she was with me.