Playing At Practice

It Takes Two

 

[Heawon POV]

Seriously?

When are my wounds ever going to heal? Aish! Now this is getting me angry. Thankfully, Seungri isn’t mad at all. Looks like he’s controlled his emotions. I gaze at Seungri’s concentrated face as he puts on new bandages on my arms. Slowly, I feel my anger fading away. I feel a huge smile spread across my face as I take in his handsome features.

He glances up and meets my eyes briefly before looking back at my wounds. I hear him chuckle under his breath. “Is there something wrong with my face?” He asks.

I scoff. “As if. You know you’re handsome, you arrogant boy.” I chuckle. He straightens up at my comment and pouts slightly. I smile widely and slide my hand at the back of his neck. I pull him down to meet my lips. He instantly closes his eyes and responds smoothly.

“Look at that lip action!”

We break away at the first word, completely surprised out of our wits. All four of Seungri’s hyungs crowd the door to the restroom, mouths wide but eyes full of playfulness. They run back to the studio, giggling like little schoolgirls. Seungri and I share a look. After a second, we burst out laughing.

“None of you guys in YG High are normal.” I laugh, gripping onto his shirt.

He pulls me into his arms and smiles at me. “I guess you’re not normal if you got in here, too.”

“You’re right.” I wink.

He pecks me on the lips. “You’re adorable when you flirt with me.”

I slap his chest and slip out of his arms. I stick my tongue out childishly. “Come on. Time to continue practice.”

~O~O~

They snicker, they giggle, they laugh, they wink, and they share glances…

Oh my god.

Seungri calls these guys “hyung”? It’s unbelievable right at this moment. They’re acting like teenage girls giggling and gossiping about the newest boy band. But since I’m in a good mood today, I’m going to let it slide. Though, work is work. I clap my hands loudly. The boys instantly stiffen as I walk around. I look at the clock, six o’clock at night. We started practicing at noon, so…

“I’ve showed you guys all of the stunts for your choreography. Think you guys can do it now?” I ask. They nod at the same time, obviously concentrated. “Alright. You can leave now.”

They whirl their heads around to look at me, shocked. “Really?” They shout. I chuckle. I nod and gesture for them to get out. They run up to me and tackle me down in bear hugs. I squeeze my eyes shut from the strength of their hugs. Okay, I can’t let them off easily anymore. I might as well end up in the hospital if I let them off the hook again.

I watch as they file out of the studio excitedly. Seungri stops in his tracks as he spots me. He walks over. “Not going yet?” He asks.

I shake my head and twist my neck around, feeling tense. “I have to make sure there isn’t any holes in this choreography.”

“It’s fine. Just rest for the rest of the night, alright?”

I shake my head once more. “You know I can’t.” I mutter. “Plus, I need to think about our dance. I don’t think we’re moving as smoothly.”

“You know I was thinking the same thing.” Seungri says, suddenly energetic. “I noticed how it seems too short and we’re taking too much time to prepare the next set of flips.”

I nod, my eyes squinting in concentration. I stare blankly at my reflection in the mirror. What could be the solution to this? My mind keeps going blank right now… I gently grab Seungri’s hand and meet his eyes.

“You’re right. Let’s sleep this off.” I say, my mind still whirling.

He smiles at me, knowing that my mind still isn’t at peace. “You’ll think of it soon. And I’m here to help. I’m pretty smart.” He says proudly.

I nudge him. “Not smart enough.” I laugh, running away.

“Yah!”

~O~O~

I bite my lip anxiously as ideas bounce across my brain back and forth. It’s midnight and I still can’t fall asleep no matter how tired my body is. My mind simply won’t rest. I really need to get this couple dance finished. I want it perfect.

I close my eyes and start letting ideas form in my mind. I flip through each idea as if I was flipping through one of Jiyong’s magazines. Each move was too messy or too neat, too insane or too calm… I make a face. And some were just too ugly in general.

Then one catches my attention. I let my mind relax, so I could properly grab the idea. I sit up, my eyes wide. I think I’ve got it. I just need to make a few changes and it’ll flow smoothly with new stunts. It’s perfect! I quickly jump out of bed and change into shorts and a hoodie. I rapidly pull my hair into a ponytail and run out of my dorm and into the studio.

I stop. “Seungri?”

He looks up and smiles tiredly. “Oh. Hey. What are you doing up?”

“I should be asking you the same thing.” I murmur, kneeling down on the floor next to him. I examine his face and my thumbs lightly run over his dark circles. “You should be sleep.”

“As should you.” He smirks almost sleepily.

I was about to tell him to go to sleep, but then I realize why I’m here in the first place. My mood suddenly changes back to lively. “It’s a good think you’re here! I need help.”

“Over?”

“I think I figured out how to make our dance go smoothly.”