Awkward Flow

It Takes Two

 

[Seungri POV]

“Seungri-ah,” YG hyung calls me. I turn around before I slide in our car. “Since you and Heawon are the same age, how about you show her to her dorm?” YG hyung says, gently pushing Heawon towards me. Obviously surprised, Heawon stumbles forward, staring at me with wide-eyes. She lets out a nervous chuckle.

I raise an eyebrow, finding her cute. “Okay.” I say to YG hyung over her shoulder. I extend my arm out. “You can ride with us.” I smile then I add. “If you want, of course.”

She seemed a little flustered by my suddenness, but she holds on my arm anyway. I open the door and she slides in after a slight bow. I soon slide in after her, closing the door on my way in. I meet Jiyong hyung’s eyes once more in the rearview mirror. He gives me a wink and starts driving off.

“I can’t believe it’s already midnight.” YoungBae hyung says.

“I know. By the way, do you know why Seunghyun hyung and Daesung left before us?” Jiyong hyung asks.

YoungBae hyung shrugs. “They better not buy more ice cream. We already have a whole shelf stocked with them.”

“They tempt you like crazy, eh, hyung?” I speak up this time, playfully raising an eyebrow. YoungBae hyung glares at me from his passenger mirror.

“You know they do.” He growls.

Jiyong hyung and I laugh. I feel someone’s gaze on me and I look at Heawon. She her head to the side. “What’s so funny about being tempted by ice cream?” She whispers to me.

I lean in close, almost grazing my lips at her ear. She quietly inhales. I smirk and whisper, “Because YoungBae hyung likes to keep his body fit. As much as he wants it, he can’t. He’s worried it might take away his figure.”

makes an adorable ‘o’ as she nods in understanding. She leans back a little, implying that I should move away. And I did after hiding my slight blush. After a few more awkward minutes in the backseat, we arrive at YG High. I quickly climb out, helping Heawon out next. The secretary bows to us as we enter the building. We take the elevator and go up to the third floor, where all the dorms are. The first and second floor is where the classrooms, the recording rooms, the dancing studios, and the café are.

Once on the third floor, Jiyong hyung tosses me a pair of keys. I catch it cleanly. Then he says, “We’ll be going to our dorm now.” He looks at Heawon beside me. “Welcome to our YG Family. We hope that you feel at home at your new dorm. Seungri-ah,” He looks back at me. “Make sure you show her all the rooms.”

I nod as they quickly retreat back to our dorm. I scoff. Weren’t they supposed to accompany me to show Heawon around? Cheaters. I glance at Heawon. I stop myself from smiling at her wide eyes. “Come on. I’m sure you want to get some sleep.” I say. I walk of ahead of her. I know I’m being rude right now, but I don’t think I can stand next to her for so long. My whole body just tingles in anticipation. Why? I have no idea and I feel stupid for it.

After we reach her dorm, I unlock the door and usher her inside. I hear her softly exclaim as I close the door behind us. We walk straight into the living room, where all her boxes of stuff seem to be. Expect it only from YG High; all the dorms are already furnished and quite stylishly, too. I bet Jiyong hyung had some part in decorating ours.

“So, as you’ll see, this whole dorm is already furnished. If you look in the kitchen, I bet the fridge is already stocked and the cabinets are full with kitchen gear. Your bedroom,” I say, acting like a tour guide just for fun. I briefly meet her eyes, seeing the amusement sparkle in them. I clear my throat. “Your bedroom is down the hallway to the right. I’m sure that everything is clean and ready. All this place is missing is for you to make it a home.”

I smile at her. She returns my smile with ease. I clear my throat once more and sit down on the couch. “Go look around everywhere first. I’ll leave after you’ve seen everything.”

She nods quickly, and before I know it, she’s already headed for the kitchen. I chuckle quietly and listen to the sounds of the cabinets opening and closing. Suddenly, she quickly walks out and heads straight to the hallway, where the bathroom, bedroom, and an extra spare room. Curious, I follow her silently. She slowly walks into her bedroom, in awe. Instead of looking around, I keep my eyes on her. I lean against the doorframe, a tiny smile on my face.

I have to admit, she has one of the best facial expressions ever. It’s really cute. My smiles widens a little more. She trails her hand along the bed, a content smile on her face. She then goes towards the desk with a small box of her stuff on top of it. I see her gently touch something in the box. Curiosity is getting the best of me. I quietly walk over and peer over her shoulder, making sure she doesn’t know I’m right behind her.

It was a picture of her and a guy, both of them holding a first place trophy. I hear her inhale then let out a soft chuckle. I squint, trying to get a closer look at the guy’s face. But her fingers keep running over his face.

“Who’s that?” I ask, forgetting that I was supposed to keep quiet. She rapidly turns around, losing her balance. I catch her by the waist. “Wah, take it easy. Aren’t dancers supposed to be graceful?”

She lets out a long breath, the same scent of vanilla entering my nose. I quickly blink, trying to erase that club scene again. “But, usually, people don’t scare the crap out of other people.” She replies, trying to calm down.

 “Sorry.” I smile sheepishly. “Do you get scared easily?”

“That, I have to admit, is a fact.” She says, blushing a little. Then I realize that I haven’t let her go yet, and that her face is inches away from mine. She must have realized it, too, because she blushed deeper. Clearing my throat awkwardly, I let her go, rubbing the back of my head. I point my thumb over my shoulder. “I should go.” I say. She nods, “Yeah.”

I clear my throat once more. “Welcome to YG High. If you have any questions about anything then just look for me, okay?” She nods, unable to clear her deep-red blush. I stride out of her room, but stop in my tracks. I stick my head through her doorway and call her attention to me. “Sleep well tonight.” I smile.

Our eyes lock and she smiles warmly. “You, too.”

With that, I run out of her dorm. Once I’m in front of Big Bang’s dorm, I lean against the wall, running my hands against my jeans. Why am I sweating so much? That was really awkward. I run my hands through my hair, breathing heavily. I’m going to have to try to get comfortable with Heawon or else I’m going to start choreography with Seunghyun hyung. And, trust me, I don’t think I want to practice with some stiff alien.

Don’t tell him I said that.